Accord V6 Forum banner

Serious Lawsuit against Honda of America being filed

99K views 373 replies 198 participants last post by  petenjeanie 
#1 ·
#53 ·
ricerrockettwo:
Hey bro...shoot me an email at Austin519@aol.com with your situation...thanks.

Austin519

#55 ·
DEAD TRANNY

Its finally my turn to have a dead tranny. Car takes 5 seconds to shift to reverse and then it kicks in very very hard. Also the car revs a little bit when it shifts. I have a 98 V6. Is there any any possible way for me to get a new one for cheap. I dun expect a tranny for free....but any good discount would be nice.

#56 ·
hmmmm you might want to contact austin any hybrdaccv6, anything helps, but my suggestion is, try to wait it out for another month or so, get a rental or something, the v6p tranny will be out, much stronger for ur car and its supposed to be cheaper than hondas...

just my .02 cents

#59 ·
I just found this from another thread. It can give some idea on what to do about the tranny problem.

http://www.auto.com/industry/taurus13_20021213.htm

The suit charges Ford with two counts of fraud and one count of breach of implied warranty, essentially saying Ford sold a vehicle not "fit for ordinary driving."

This is basically the same thing we are having problems with. Our cars are not fit for ordinary driving without many trannies falling apart.

Just an idea :) .

#60 ·
PlumAccordCoupe said:
I just found this from another thread. It can give some idea on what to do about the tranny problem.

http://www.auto.com/industry/taurus13_20021213.htm

The suit charges Ford with two counts of fraud and one count of breach of implied warranty, essentially saying Ford sold a vehicle not "fit for ordinary driving."

This is basically the same thing we are having problems with. Our cars are not fit for ordinary driving without many trannies falling apart.

Just an idea :) .

yo plum that is a nice find , i am sure the lawyers will have something similiar to that

#61 ·
I just bought my 99 accord v6 coupe with 90K miles 6 months ago and now my tranny went cuz I have massive slippage and I just broke 100K miles. dealership told me I had to pay $5,500 for a new tranny. I got pissed off and decided to sell this car and get a WRX but when I left the car home for a weekend my dad took it to a shop and got it rebuilt for $3800 with a 3 yr warranty. I'm furious that he did that, and I'm furious that this piece of sh*t tranny went when honda's are expected to go so long. My car was slipping every few minutes and when I put it on reverse my car would stall out if it wasn't warmed up. My rotors are messed up, fixed some minor tranny problems twice already, CD player is a piece of sh*t and broken, i have an ignition problem that Honda replaced becuz of factory recall but NOW ITs back again, have some air sensor thing messed up, and the damn passenger seat railing is messed up. WTF!!!!!!! GOD I WANNA GET RID OF THIS PIECE OF SH*T

#62 · (Edited)
mines a 2001 2dr. accord v6, has a little over 35K miles on it and i'm taking it to get the new transmission installed in about an hour, should be ready tom. after lunch or so i was told. i was given no hassle at all by the dealer, they drove it, agreed that there was something wrong with it and ordered the new tranny, no questions asked. i hope the new one lasts a little longer...

edit* and i love this car, the transmission issue is a little disheartening but knowing that i get free tranny replacements until i hit 100k miles is a little reassuring.

dad's friend owns an engine shop and he may hook us up with a pair of superchargers (one for the accord and one for my dad's nsx) from comptech at dealer cost, so i might be boosting on this new tranny sometime in the future :)

#66 ·
i am starting to feel my tranny slip too. it is under warranty by the dealer. if it does go, should the dealer cover it with aftermarket parts? or can he bull **** me with some crap saying that the aftermarket parts damaged the tranny causing it to break or something like that?

#67 ·
i am starting to feel my tranny slip too. it is under warranty by the dealer. if it does go, should the dealer cover it with aftermarket parts? or can he bull **** me with some crap saying that the aftermarket parts damaged the tranny causing it to break or something like that?
:( What kind of mods do you have? Honda can void your warranty because of mods if it wants so if your tranny dies, you might want to swap back to stock.

#72 ·
Depends on the dealer. I've been through 3 trannies. I've got Headers, Intake, Pullies, Plugs. They didn't say anything at all. What color are your Pullies? I got polished so it wasn't something very noticeable. Anyhow, good luck

#75 ·
Yeah... 3 dead trannies (on my 4th trans right now). I went through 1 gear box as well... We took it up with Honda America. At first, it seemed as if they weren't going to be very helpful... After the first week of dealing with them, everything went better. The problem with the trans's, are that they keep putting in refurbished trans's into the cars when they break. Finally, they gave me a "NEW" trans (the best Honda makes, they said)... We'll see what's going on... So far the car run's great... I put it up for sale though... I'm paying too much $$$ for a car that went through this much crap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.