Accord V6 Forum banner

What would you like to see made for our cars

56K views 282 replies 175 participants last post by  Fishyer777 
#1 ·
I am creating this thread so people can suggest what needs to be made for our cars (ie. better tranny). This is strictly for the 6th generation accord. I am hoping if we get some good ideas, and maybe some of us can take the initiative of talking to some local performance part companies. Hell even I will call as many as it takes to get more parts for our cars. I personally dont know what we can do for our cars on a performance level other than what I see out there. The only way companies can build what we want is if we voice our ideas, and show them how much of an interest there is for our cars. All suggestions are appreciated and welcomed :)

#10 ·
1. OEM look-a-like style Projector lights that actually project Light

2. A grille insert for 98-00 Sedans

3. A performance package - something like a proven kit that is gauranteed to give you what ever amount of gains. that could include something like Headers, Cams, & Throttle body...or Exhaust, Pullies, and Intake. You know a collaboration of mods already in box and at a discounted price ... and financing available if needed. :)

4. A more performance oriented transmission with revised gear ratios. Maybe a slightly steeper 1st, or final drive ratio, space out 2nd from 1st a lil, shorten third, and leave fourth where it is. If the gear ratio's are not possible just having a transmission that can withstand 300 abusive HP would be enough. ... and an LSD.

5. A piggy back adjustable ignition knock control system ... so us guys with 00+ Accords can have more tuneability over the ignition mapping

6. A more affordable suspenion like Tiens with adjustable dampining and height. I'm not going auto x-crossing on a tournament racing for money, I just want a lower better handling ride, and I don't think it should come with a 1,000 dollar price :eek:

OK...I'm drunk and going to bed now.

:D

#11 ·
good thread to start abram, i would like to see

turbocharger
new tranny
BETTER EXHAUST FOR SEDANS,
have to agree with illegalakkord on the wide body for sedan
diff supercharger
MORE STEERING WHEEL OPTIONS!!!!!
cams, tb, cam gears

#17 · (Edited)
the only things that i really would like to see is:
an ecu mgmt. chip (these don't seem too popular with av6ers compared to vw and other owners)
sturdy transmission

now to dream...
V6 honda engine with torque- but no torque steer.
audi dsg-like f1 tranmission with aluminium case
all aluminium suspension replacement kit
ceramic brake kit
full underbody ground effects kit
carbon fiber body panel kit
17in Magnesium wheels

basically any aluminum alloy or carbon fiber part that can replace an oem part.

... oh and remote controlled scissor doors

#18 ·
1) Jet does an ecu upgrade for us, and for certain years there is the unichip
2) We have tonz of underbody ground effectz (maybe u are talking bout something specific)
3)There is all ceramic pads for our cars, I have seen em on ebay.

the only things that i really would like to see is:
an ecu mgmt. chip (these don't seem too popular with av6ers compared to vw and other owners)
sturdy transmission

now to dream...
V6 honda engine with torque- but no torque steer.
audi dsg-like f1 tranmission with aluminium case
all aluminium suspension replacement kit
ceramic brake kit
full underbody ground effects kit
carbon fiber body panel kit
17in Magnesium wheels

basically any aluminum alloy or carbon fiber part that can replace an oem part.

... oh and remote controlled scissor doors

#19 ·
a complete package guarranteed to work and bolt in
that includes a Type S engine wtih MDX block
forged pistons, headwork, etc mated to the 6spd manual with LSD
and replacement fully programmable ecu
also with option to turbo it

at a reasonable price of course!

#20 ·
Things we need:

1-aftermarket block with bigger bore and clearence for more stroke
2-stroker cranks
3-aftermarket heads with different port volumes and valve sizes
4-step tube headers
5-intake MANIFOLDS
6-hydrolic and solid roller tappet aftermarket cams
7- 6sp manual bolt in kits
8- better parts for whatever keeps breakin in the auto's9-bolt in knock sensor and timing adjuster for 98-02 J30 motors

#21 ·
Things we need:

1-aftermarket block with bigger bore and clearence for more stroke
2-stroker cranks
3-aftermarket heads with different port volumes and valve sizes
4-step tube headers
5-intake MANIFOLDS
All the engine items you mentioned above are available from other members of the J series engine, and OPAK is supposedly working on equal length headers for the J engine as well.

It sounds like you want Honda's J series engine to gain the aftermarket support comparable to a small block Chevrolet in a hurry.
:)

#22 ·
1) ECU upgrades, or more since they supposedly exist
2) 3.2 Engine conversion kits that blow the CL-S away.
3) Stronger tranny w/"tiptronic" control like the CL or a 6sp maual
4) More strut braces, rear ties and stuff like integras and civics have
5) Minidisc changers, or double DIN CD/MD decks with USDM radio frequencies
6) Sunroof that doesnt rattle, stronger seatbacks that dont rock back and forth.
7) OEM fit & finish clear, black, and projector lights, that actually improve on the stock lighting.
8) More (cheaper) brake kit options
9) JDM parts for us
10) Just generally more love from the aftermarket, and the tuners.

#23 ·
Oh yeah, and shift levers options for our automatics, some cool european style shift levers

#24 ·
an affordable supercharger to rival comptech, upgraded throttle body, port/polished intake manifold, a cheap and dependable swap to manual transmission: which leads to upgraded clutch, flywheel, etc.
I know of a place that makes throttle bodies.
It is a small shop but they are fully machined, not a bored stock one. I have never used one but I know wher this guy lives if it doesn't work.

#25 ·
1)I think they make a LSD for our cars
2) JR emailed me and said their supercharger will be available shortly
3) Level Ten makes a bullet proof tranny for us
Yeah, maybe bullet proof, it is just a stock tranny with some **** in it to make it go faster. I been all over it with them it's not worth it for 3000 plus 500 for a torque converter. Take you tranny to a good shop and they can do whatever you want to it. I know a good one in So Cal. If my tranny dies before I can locate a 6spd then I might go that route.

#26 · (Edited)
I would like to see an ECU upgrade. Currently you can buy a stand alone unit like Apex's or Greddy's emanage. Both affordable; howeverm I am not sure how flexible they are.

1. I have heard many bad things about JET. They made a chip for the NSX which actually made it go slower. All the reviews I read about JET for our cars said thier service sucked and it didn't do anyhting. Unichip I believe helps a little but I don't think it is woth the price.

Hondata is not planning on making anything for the V6 Accords.
I wish they would, or Spoon, or Mugen.

AEM's stand alone unit would have been perfect if you can afford it. Again however, they are having problems with it becuase of the auto trans. I am not even sure if they are selling it anymore.

JE pistons will custom make pistons, rings, and probably rods for our car. I know this for sure but it costs too much...

There just ins't enough support for our car. We can get ****, but it costs 3 times more than if we owned civics. I still love my car and wouldn't think about trading it I just wish these companies mentoined above would take us more seriously.

If there was an affordable 6 spd. to bolt in this would be a good seller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.