Accord V6 Forum banner

1/4 mile times compare

18K views 51 replies 28 participants last post by  accord325 
#1 ·
Hey i just was wondering wut are ur times in mods i have a 06 accord 3.0 auto i hit a 14.8 mods cold air intake n pulley o and in straight pipes removed mufflers in silencers and ran in heavy 18 inch rims then i bought 17s but stocks from a 08 accord sporty still hit 14.8 n same mph 96 mph wut about u guys n mines auto put ur year n motor size n auto or manuel n mods

#10 · (Edited)
Best ET to date is 14.04 and best trap is 101.17. I have I/full exhaust/ported IM. Never had good tires. The 101 trap was with a broken tranny mount and (now realized) axles that are on their way out.

#11 ·
Time slips as well if anyone has them. I personally haven't been out to the drag strip but plan on to when the spring comes. Also are most of y'all with the auto just putting the car in drive, staging the car and mashing the gas pedal when the lights drop green? What are your methods.

To the guys that have the under drive pullies, what are the gains. Advantages to the 1/4 mile?

#14 ·
Ya go on the last yellow if you go on green you will have a reaction time of a second more or less, also your first couple of times I wouldn't be to worried about your reaction time, as it doesn't have anything to do with your ET your time doesn't start until you start moving, work on getting your launch down first then move onto getting your reaction down.

#15 · (Edited)
I know not to wait for the green, I have been in the drag racing scene for a while now. Been traveling with a team since 03. I figured it would have been easier for me to say that. I just had a question referring to the accord and some of the members methods to get a better time

#16 ·
I haven't run a FWD car down a drag strip, used to RWD and posi making it easier to launch. Probably similar though, traction control off, brake torque at about 1500 rpm, flash the converter on the last yellow and feather the throttle with a touch of wheelspin until you can get all the way into it with smoking the tires.

#19 ·
Like someone said earlier in this thread, it really depends on track elevation and conditions I.E Temperature, humidity. Once you have your D.A (Density altitude), then you can do your corrections.

With my correction my best was a 14.66@97.1MPH with Just intake and exhaust. Now I have RV6 V3 Jpipe, UR pulley and Innovative Motor Mounts on my 2003 Accord EX V6 Coupe Auto. Going back in february.

#20 ·
With my correction my best was a 14.66@97.1MPH with Just intake and exhaust. Now I have RV6 V3 Jpipe, UR pulley and Innovative Motor Mounts on my 2003 Accord EX V6 Coupe Auto. Going back in february.
Nice trap for intake/exhaust with a 5AT!

I didn't do much better with a Chevelle I had. Mild 350 (torque cam, headers, Holley double pumper), horrible 2.56 gears and a 2800 stall and ran a 14.68 @ 100 and 14.63 @ 93 on the brakes...and still broke out! True, I only used 1st and 2nd gear due to the 2.56 rear end but I also had a lot more done to the engine and zero emission controls except for a PCV.

Just amazing what 3.0 liters, fuel injection, computers and good engineering can do! :)

#21 ·
I hear ya there. My old 402 BBK El Camino put down a similar time. That was with a good amount of work done too, it was a 72 motor though, lower compression in such a big motor is like a female pit bull...can still be mean as ish, but no balls. 14 flat was the best I could do in that car...when it ran right.

I have yet to run my accord but I know it will be about the same as the others and I wont use a 1/2 tank doing it either, haha. I really wanna dyno and run before I put my V3 jpipe on and see the difference.

#22 ·
I hear ya there. My old 402 BBK El Camino put down a similar time. That was with a good amount of work done too, it was a 72 motor though, lower compression in such a big motor is like a female pit bull...can still be mean as ish, but no balls. 14 flat was the best I could do in that car...when it ran right.
More cam, slightly bigger double pumper, 4000 stall, 4.11s got me into the high 12s at 108 but gas mileage was horrible. 6-7 mpg city, 9-10 mpg freeway. Z06 will run high 11s at 125 and get 16/26. :D

#23 ·
double pumper? 4000 stall?? 4.11 gears??? WHA?????? :D

#25 ·
Same thing, plus mine had drum brakes all the way around. Just needed too much work to get it to where I wanted. As much fun as it was, the Accord is a much better all around car.

#32 ·
How do you get the most out of your setup without tuning? I've been looking into cut outs but it seems without tuning we would need to run cutout open for 400 miles or so for the ecu to "adjust". And that's just an annoying amount of miles w cutout open. Then u close it and u confuse the ecu again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.