Accord V6 Forum banner

My new '17 *** Touring V6 Coupe

16K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  Dragy garage 
#1 · (Edited)
Just picked 'er up today and already I'm in love :up2:

Tucked away until Tuesday when she goes for her Ceramic Pro 9H - already put down my deposit this evening for the "Diamond" / "Platinum" package

See less See more
#3 ·
Finished installing the rear HFP kit on the car :up2:

Drilling six 12mm holes and two 10mm holes in a brand new, two day old bumper was a little nerve racking!! LOL but definitely worth it.

I must disclose, the 2016-2017 coupe (and sedan) HFP installation instructions are different than 2013-2015! One example is that the entire front bumper must come off and requires you to drill four holes from the inside out - unlike on the '13-15 you drill one 12mm and one 10mm hole near the center lower grille externally. A few other steps have changed with the rear so please do not bank on watching DIY Car Modz' installation videos on YouTube and think that yours will be step-by-step the same. I'll post a link to his video in my How-to as a reference though. The OEM instructions are linked below.

Honda Installation Instructions - 2017 Accord Rear Underbody Spoilers (2 door)

More pics to come when I finish the entire install.

Reactions: simione
#5 ·
Nope I still have her - she's currently up FS

Sunday I spent the entire day (noon until 11:30pm) installing the front and side HFP kit :up2: Now I know why they disclaim "Not for the DIY'er" right in the installation instructions haha It isn't hard per say...just nerve racking! Between having to remove my less than one week old front bumper to drilling eight 10mm holes into it, to scraping off OEM sealant and underbody spray for the skirts and measuring out the wazoo... it definitely takes time and patience to get it perfect. But that I did and couldn't be happier with the outcome - especially grinning that I didn't pay Honda $500 to do it!

I dropped her off at the detail shop now that the HFP kit is fully installed - I won't see her again for another 10-12 days while she gets ceramic pro 9H applied to every inch haha

In the meantime, took this video today out of the garage and in the sunlight to show off the new HFP kit I installed over the weekend

2017 Touring HFP V6 Coupe

Pics:

Reactions: HEcreated487
#8 · (Edited)
The HFP spoiler, OEM all weather mats and trunk tray delivered today! :D I'll be taking the spoiler up to Pavel on Thursday so that it too can get ceramic coated:

#10 ·
They do but Honda specs claim it to only be a 15mm drop (0.56") - some say after settling they have a 1" drop. I've read other sites claim a 20mm drop. I'm truly torn as to whether or not I want to go with the HFP suspension this time or coilovers again. Living in the NE with snow, to be quite honest, I'm tired of dealing with the headaches that come with coilovers (seizing, rust, etc.) but am having a hard time justifying spending over $700 for the HFP sport suspension for only a 0.5-1" drop...
I'm not sure what I'm going to do. At this point in time, I think I'm going to leave it stock for a while as the Touring coupes for '16-17 got an upgrade for more comfort in ride (better rebound, dampening, etc.)

Reactions: simione
#11 · (Edited)
Updates from Pavel's garage!

He text me this afternoon and said "railroad black pin heads...the whole car. God help me..." and immediately I became nervous! I was thinking "The paint looks flawless...what is he talking about? Perhaps he is confusing my car with someone else's...?"

I just hung up the phone with him and he was able to explain it a lot easier. So even a brand new car, especially one sitting on a dealer lot for a while, new or old it does not matter, can get what professional detailers refer to as "spider poop" - it is essentially little metal flakes, only 1mm or so big, that gets baked into the clear coat of the car. They are so tiny that they are practically naked to the invisible eye. That is why both he and I thought the paint looked fantastic from the Honda factory, until yesterday and today when he's really been getting down into the nitty gritty with the paint correction. He has already buffered her with compound but it wasn't until he used his Angelwax Revelation that he said the amount of "Spider poop" that the entire car had. This solution acts similarly to wheel cleaners that you've seen videos of where it turns pink / dark purple as it comes in contact with brake dust. Same concept only this is specifically for the painted body of a car to allow these teeny tiny metal flakes to show up. He explained that if he would have applied CP 9H over top of these flakes, they can definitely show up under the glass layer of CP, almost looking like black heads on your skin. We may have seen little tiny black dots throughout the paint job.

Pavel is so meticulous and such a perfectionist, I love it!!! This was a minor step back in the paint correction process, so I have extended his time until Sunday instead of Friday. I would much rather give him two extra days to get this job done right, and done perfectly, then to rush him only to get my car back "on time." So far I am very impressed with his professionalism and knack for the smallest details! I just know that the car is going to look great when I go and pick 'er up! I can't wait! :D

Pics that he just sent me (before / after)

(No "black heads" on the hood! :up2:)

AFTER!

#15 ·
UPDATE: 06/01/17

New pics from Pavel!

After 28 hours of paint correction she was finally ready for the first layers of ceramic coating!

No ceramic coating - prep only:

Example of streak of Ceramic Pro on the engine cover - look at that difference!

Grille with one coat of CP:

Headlamp coated:

Brake caliper coated:

Wheel before:

Wheel after!

My favorite pic:

I am so geeked to see her completely done!!

#16 ·
UPDATE: 06/03/2017

Pics from Pavel last night - sneak peak - I'm about to leave in 15 minutes to go and pick her up! Videos to come :)

#17 ·
#19 ·

Tawonda just had to sneak herself into this pic, too (top right). I think she's getting jealous of her sister ;)

Better pics of the ceramic coating and tinted windows to come when I finally get a frickin' sunny day! Been cloudy, dreary, rainy and miserable over the past few days. Go figure, only when I get the car back and want to take good pics ha

After he was finished, I did end up running a strip of 3M Gloss Black vinyl across the top to cover that stupid black dotted area every manufacturer just has to put on the rear window! I was told that vinyl would not stick to the ceramic but so far it seems to be just fine - and the rear window looks so much better!

#21 ·
Thanks Rich!

Pavel just called me this evening and he has finished ceramic coating the HFP spoiler so I'm running up tomorrow morning to get it :) Will have install pics afterwards!

#22 ·
I went and picked up the HFP spoiler from Pavel today as he finished ceramic coating it! :up2: I just finished getting it installed. My, my, my what a difference that decklid spoiler makes! "Dat ass doe!"

Before:

Filthy!

All nice and clean :yes:

After:

#23 ·
I took Bianca on her first photo shoot today to show off the ceramic coating in the sun. One fella driving behind me in a gray 8G sedan couldn't stop starring at her! I was crackin' up...

#25 ·
I took Bianca on her first photo shoot today
She is very photogenic ! Really nice looking car!
I bet Tawonda is a bit jealous of all the attention Bianca is getting.

I dropped her off at the detail shop now that the HFP kit is fully installed - I won't see her again for another 10-12 days while she gets ceramic pro 9H applied to every inch haha]
Did you consider doing a full-front clear bra to mitigate rock chips?
Not the partial length ones that have a line across the hood and fenders.

Bought Mike's custom made BCR DR series coils!
I bought BC’s for my 7th Gen and couldn’t be happier. When I opened the box I was amazed how nice they looked. Fortunately I had other mods ahead of them so I got to see and appreciate them for a few months in the garage ��
What springs did you get?
For my 7th Gen I got 12/6 Swifts and currently have them set at 7 from softest.

#24 ·
Bought Mike's custom made BCR DR series coils! I truly was not planning on it and had thought that I had finally even convinced myself to "no. no...don't touch the suspension. Enjoy the car how she came for a while." - well, that didn't last long LOL I was truly torn as to which route I wanted to go with the 9.5G...HFP suspension or to run coilovers again; but when I saw his beautiful custom setup...and the fact that he's a drivable distance away...and a great guy...I just had to jump at the opportunity. I'll be picking them up after the 8th when he gets back from vacation :up2:

#26 ·
The springs are FR 8kg / RR 6kg which I talked to another 9G'er who is running 10 / 8 on BR series and he said the ride is a little rough, that he thinks my 8 / 6 setup should be perfect in his opinion. :up2: It has 30-way dampening so I'll need to play around and see what feels the most comfortable to me - I'm not sure what Mike has them currently set at.

Mike has the coils set to only have a 1-1.5 finger wheel gap right now and the included K2 rear 3-arm camber/toe kit is already aligned for that setting. The front coils come with camber plates. I'll be getting a 4-wheel alignment after installation though, of course!

LOL Tawonda actually is getting all of the attention still as I'm still driving her daily until she is sold. The 9.5G has been garaged - owned for just over a month now and she is still under 375 miles on the ODO ;)

Reactions: 0VM66T
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.