Parts Lists for Lug/Brake Upgrades - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD FAQ
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2006, 05:27 PM   #1
NEvans

Send a message via AIM to soldierdude262
Parts Lists for Lug/Brake Upgrades

Below are parts lists for various ugrades that we can do, it is an edited version of a document from accordinglydone.com, parts that came stock on the AV6 were removed from the list because this was originally written for 4 bangers and V6'ers.

Single-piston brake upgrade:
Don't bother, we already have the single piston calipers with the larger piston size

Dual-piston brake upgrade:
OEM Honda front calipers from 94-95 Legend GS Sedan or NSX Calipers

simple rotor-over-hub conversion:
OEM Acura 98-99 2.3 CL front hubs
Rotors for 98-99 Acura 3.0 CL or 2.3 CL or 93-96 Prelude VTEC
Optional 94-97 Accord front wheel bearings (don't know if the guy meant 4cyl. or V6)
23T or 25T brackets.

Single-piston brake upgrade with rotor-over-hub conversion (retaining 4 Lug pattern):
I removed the information that was here because I realized that for us this is the exact same thing as the "Single piston upgrade" listed above.

Dual-piston brake upgrade with rotor-over-hub conversion (retaining 4 Lug pattern):
OEM Honda front calipers from 94-95 Legend GS Sedan
OEM Honda 25T or 23T brackets
Pads - any options
Optional 94-97 Accord front wheel bearings (same issue as before)

Single-piston brake upgrade with 5-lug conversion:
OEM Honda 95-97 Odyssey front hubs
OEM Honda 23T or 25T brackets
OEM Honda 97+ Prelude rear hub/bearing assembly
Front and rear rotors for 98+ ITR (rear is also 98+ Accord V6)

Dual-piston brake upgrade with 5-lug conversion:
OEM Honda front calipers from 94-95 Legend GS Sedan or NSX calipers
Front and rear rotors for 98+ ITR (rear is also 98+ Accord V6), Legend GS rotors if using NSX calipers (unless ITR calipers are 28mm thick, then they work would work too, if anyone knows about this let me know and I'll put it in here)

Important note on rotor and bracket combinations:
First, if this info is incorrect, someone let me know.
If you use the 2.3 CL rotors, I tink these are 23 millimeter rotors which will require 23t brackets, however I also listed 3.0 CL and Prelude vtec rotors as options, if I'm right these rotors are 25 millimeter rotors (same thickness as stock on 5th gen AV6), and consequently require 25t brackets, which the 5th gen AV6 had stock cause we got the 25 millimeter rotors, so....just get 3.0 or Prelude vtec rotors and you'll have slightly better rotors and you wont need to buy brackets.

Another note:
It has been mentioned to me that the NSX calipers may require 25T and sebsequesntly 25 millimeter rotors. This doesn't make too much sense though since both the NSX and Legend GS use 28 millimeter rotors and 28T brackets, so if the GS calipers can use 23T or 25T brackets, why can't the NSX use 23T? This may not be worth any debate though since it's cheaper to keep the 25 millimeter equipment for reasons stated in the above paragraph.

Last edited by soldierdude262; June 13th, 2006 at 12:31 AM..
soldierdude262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #2
bryan <3's bomex

this is very useful info
photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
myspace:

hincity:
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #3
SIR Bound....Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierdude262
Below are parts lists for various ugrades that we can do, it is an edited version of a document from accordinglydone.com, parts that came stock on the AV6 were removed from the list because this was originally written for 4 bangers and V6'ers.

Don't bother, we already have the single piston calipers with the larger piston size

Optional 94-97 Accord front wheel bearings (don't know if the guy meant 4cyl. or V6)
23T brackets.

Single-piston brake upgrade with rotor-over-hub conversion (retaining 4 Lug pattern):
I removed the information that was here because I realized that for us this is the exact same thing as the "Single piston upgrade" listed above.

Dual-piston brake upgrade with rotor-over-hub conversion (retaining 4 Lug pattern):
OEM Honda 23T brackets
Pads - any options

OEM Honda 23T brackets

OEM Honda 23T brackets
Front and rear rotors for 98+ ITR (rear is also 98+ Accord V6), Legend GS rotors if using NSX calipers (unless ITR calipers are 28mm thick, then they work would work too, if anyone knows about this let me know and I'll put it in here)

If you use the 2.3 CL rotors, I tink these are 23 millimeter rotors which will require 23t brackets, however I also listed 3.0 CL and Prelude vtec rotors as options, if I'm right these rotors are 25 millimeter rotors (same thickness as stock on 5th gen AV6), and consequently require 25t brackets, which the 5th gen AV6 had stock cause we got the 25 millimeter rotors, so....just get 3.0 or Prelude vtec rotors and you'll have slightly better rotors and you wont need to buy brackets.
Thanks for all the info
Thundagoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 13th, 2006, 12:32 AM   #4
NEvans

I have posted some updates to the swap info in this thread as I have learned a couple new things.
Old August 29th, 2006, 03:36 AM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to hightower6969
What type of ss brake lines should I get? Is there any company you guys prefer or it doesn't matter as long as it's stainless steel?
hightower6969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:46 AM   #6
SIR Bound....Slowly

TAS Auto has SSwrapped brake lines.. You could get some of them unless you felt more confortable getting full SS lines.. Also SS lines sometimes is a do it yourself.. i havent seen any companies that made full SS that are prefitted.. most of the time you can buy the SS break line that comes in long, straight peices and you have to bend them yourself and make them fit which is pretty fn risky if you dont have a tubing bender. I dont know how the wrapped lines perform but if you want the easiest, unless you do a ton of research to find some companies that make Full SS prefitted lines.. i would get the wrapped. Just IMO its up to you though
Old August 31st, 2006, 12:56 PM   #7

alright thanks.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 09:15 PM   #8
NEvans

^^Bend them? the piece of brake line that connects to the caliper is flexible, always. The SS Brake line kit from TAS or anywhere else (as long as it says it's from a 95-97 Accord) is exactly what you need.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 09:54 PM   #9
bryan <3's bomex

i used goodridge lines and they fit fine
photos:

myspace:

hincity:
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM   #10
SIR Bound....Slowly

They make complete stainless steel brake lines and "Braided" stainless steel brake lines.. the braided ones are just braided stainless steel wrapped around normal break lines.. while the complete stainless steel has no rubber components.. just pure steel for the line.. i have complete staineless steel brake lines on my 65' chevy we put on and we had to bend all the lines .. they only came in straight peices
Old September 3rd, 2006, 08:55 PM   #11
NEvans

ok well we're talking about 2 different things and I wasn't paying enough attention when i skimmed your post. i was refering to the flex lines that in our cars go from where the hard lines end and connects to the calipers, and i think you were talking about the hard lines which composes the rest of the braking system in our cars.

As for performance, the braided SS lines are much better than the stock rubber flex lines because they don't expand when you hit the brakes which wastes brake pressure. You'll notice a firmer pedal feel with easier modulation after the install. Definitely worth it if you upgrade your calipers and/or pads.
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #12

thanks ya'll for the info. I'm gonna get a brake upgrade including calipers and all that sometime next year. Like I said earlier from previous threads, can't do a whole lot till I get the house remodeled.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:34 PM   #13

its been a long time since i posted but tommorrow im gonna attempt the hub over rotor conversion. after im done ill get pics posted and ill also put the exact parts list needed for the v6 accord, not the l4. stay tuned for updates.
Bash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:48 AM   #14
SIR Bound....Slowly

Nice.. Good luck
Old October 4th, 2006, 03:53 AM   #15

well the verdict is in. NOT POSSIBLE. i was pissed after doing hours of research and looking into that infamous thread. the rotor over hub conversion only works for the 4 cyl cars cause the 97 cl 2.2 had the floating rotor. the 3.0 cl uses the same exact rotor, bearing, and hub as the accord. Sucks. i did find some sweet rotors for our cars though. prostop rotors by powerslot. dimpled and slotted, im gonna go that route since my original plan is not feaseable. sorry guys but at least i didn't lose and money and neither did you. ill still post pics of the new rotors as soon as i get them done.
Old October 5th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash
well the verdict is in. NOT POSSIBLE. i was pissed after doing hours of research and looking into that infamous thread. the rotor over hub conversion only works for the 4 cyl cars cause the 97 cl 2.2 had the floating rotor. the 3.0 cl uses the same exact rotor, bearing, and hub as the accord. Sucks. i did find some sweet rotors for our cars though. prostop rotors by powerslot. dimpled and slotted, im gonna go that route since my original plan is not feaseable. sorry guys but at least i didn't lose and money and neither did you. ill still post pics of the new rotors as soon as i get them done.
You need to look into it a little more.. The 97 (2.2/3-3.0) cL's are the same design hub over rotor.. 98-99 (2.2/3-3.0) cL's are rotor over hub... This should be a very possible swap for you..
CL SLeePeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 5th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #17

yea i already looked into that, it was just another wall as the 98 and on cl use the accord parts again, which means they switched to the 5 bolt design in 98 and later. the 5 bolt wouldn't be an option for me since i already have 4 lug wheels that i haven't even mounted yet. good lookin out though.
Old October 6th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #18
SIR Bound....Slowly

So it is possible but at the expensive of going to 5 lug?
Old October 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash
yea i already looked into that, it was just another wall as the 98 and on cl use the accord parts again, which means they switched to the 5 bolt design in 98 and later. the 5 bolt wouldn't be an option for me since i already have 4 lug wheels that i haven't even mounted yet. good lookin out though.
Hmmm.. I am a little confused? Could you tell me exactly what you want to do? What are the differences between the i-4 & v6 stock setup?
CL SLeePeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #20
the Lost Sol

Send a message via AIM to KhanhCord
i4 has smaller brake/caliper .. he wants to do rotor over hub istead of wut stock accord has, which is hub over rotor .. this will let him change his rotor much easier
KhanhCord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #21

im not saying its possible even if you go to 5 lug cause the 98 accord might have different bearing and hub dimensions. who knows, all i know is that even if i was to try it there would be too much money involved in testing parts that cannot be returned. i already ordered four slotted and dimpled rotors from powerslot, ill just go ahead and press them in, no big deal.
Old October 9th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #22

so that means I can buy the wilwood 4 caliper piston brakes if I wanted to right?
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #23
the Lost Sol

Send a message via AIM to KhanhCord
but why would u want to do that.. i mean it isnt THAT fast to need that kinda brake... i think stock is fine as is .. just more waste of money IMO
KhanhCord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:12 AM   #24

I know, but I might change my stock calipers. I will buy some ss lines and some 18's pretty soon.

Last edited by hightower6969; October 10th, 2006 at 05:10 AM..
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #25

i got my prostop rotors by powerslot today. they're slotted and dimpled, im gonna be putting them on in a few days hopefully. i got all 4 rotors. gonna go pick up some hawk pads and some new front bearings to complete everything. all i need to do now is get a good ground kit, or make one myself. i was thinking 8 gauge wire. i paid 296 for all four rotors including shipping.
Old November 13th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to tossem
4 to 5 lug...

Well has anyone done a 4 lug to 5 lug conversion on the 5G AV6 and did the rear with out having to go to I4 spindles and work on it as if it was an I4. I would think there would be some parts that are common to the AV6 that would allow the exchange of hubs and rotors over there spindles, thanks....
tossem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierdude262 View Post

23T or 25T brackets.

OEM Honda 25T or 23T brackets
Pads - any options

Another note:
It has been mentioned to me that the NSX calipers may require 25T and sebsequesntly 25 millimeter rotors. This doesn't make too much sense though since both the NSX and Legend GS use 28 millimeter rotors and 28T brackets, so if the GS calipers can use 23T or 25T brackets, why can't the NSX use 23T? This may not be worth any debate though since it's cheaper to keep the 25 millimeter equipment for reasons stated in the above paragraph.
Honestly said befor read this topic I had no deep knowledge about this . Your provided clerical contain useful information . I like your way of thinking .

veronicacarter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to tossem
I looked this over mainly because I thought it was a forum for V6 5th Gen Accord's (94-97). The I4 and V6 up front more or less use the same set up (that is if you have a 36mm axle nut). In that aspect if all you want to do is change from a hub over rotor to one that is rotor over hub all you would need to do is change the hub. If you want to go to a 5 lug, and you have a V6 all you need to do is change the hub out (well you can also change the bearing and order a V6 bearing or one from an Odyssey 65-67) and use the Odyssey or prelude rotors mentioned. The rear is quite different since a V6 uses a 36 mm stub axle in the rear, while all the Accords mentioned on this forum are of the 32 mm variety (I4 Accord). The Odyssey does use a 36 mm rear stub axle, but because it has the emergency built into the rotor the hub is of a different size and will not work. I am not sure about the CRV as to what set up it uses, but suspect the same as the Odyssey. The only thing that may work at the moment is using the rear knuckle from a I4 (provide it is the same as the V6 except for the stub axle, and by the way the stub axles are not interchangeable since the 32 mm will just slide all the way through the hone for the 36 mm knuckle. I assume no one who has posted here has done this conversion on the V6, otherwise they would have mentioned it here...
tossem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 16th, 2014, 02:35 AM   #29

I did the dual piston caliper upgrade with stainless lines and ABS delete all for under $250 if anyone is wondering on cost. scored some deals on rock auto's site.
shortstop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2016, 02:33 AM   #30

Landlord mighty are your own way out of it.
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.