Instructions & Parts for 4 to 5 lug Conversion - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD 4-CYL GENERAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #1
Banished From Selling

Send a message via AIM to dashyt2dafulliz Send a message via Yahoo to dashyt2dafulliz
Instructions & Parts for 4 to 5 lug Conversion

I have a 2000 accord sedan LX ...as you guys know they come in 4 lug im looking to convert to 5 lug if possible. Plez any info is helpful and appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2004, 05:31 AM   #2
4-Banggggerrr!!!!

I wanna know about this too. I wanna do this and a drum to disc conversion as well. Or maybe I'll just sell my LX and buy an EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pre`Cooked Rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2004, 03:17 PM   #3
Banished From Selling

Send a message via AIM to dashyt2dafulliz Send a message via Yahoo to dashyt2dafulliz
nuthing yet?

Old July 15th, 2004, 08:27 PM   #4
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

Send a message via AIM to r.j-lo
why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

r.j-lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #5
Banished From Selling

cuz i have a 4 lug....and 4 lug are ancient now they dont have a great selection of rims..why else?!?!
Old July 16th, 2004, 12:31 AM   #6
v6p gangster

hmm if you search on ebay there are teg 4-> 5 lug conversion for their type R's so with some searching there might be something for the accord

SHIFT_future
FEEL THE SKYLINE | DRIVE JAPAN 日本
PFizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2004, 10:01 AM   #7
Just Gettin Started . .

Send a message via AIM to strikn acordH22
ya i was also thinkin of doin the same. but wouldnt goin to a junk yard and jackin off a v6 work. well thats wat i heard but ya. never had to time to go and check it out.
strikn acordH22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to BrabusCclass
Im thinking about doing the conversion. So far all I found was info on 5th Gen accords doing it. The main thing I worry about is the brake master cylinder which has a different part number. Regardless I might just do it. What I plan is to take knuckle out from a V6 and get brake lines for the rear cuz drum brake line is hard metal. I know the knuckle is the same between V6 and I4 but I dont want to go through the trouble of compressing the bearing.
BrabusCclass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #9

Copied from another forum. Its a little different for the 6th gen.

5 Lug Swap and Accord V6 Brake Upgrade (With Optional Legend Dual-Piston Brake Upgrade)
By: Chris Peters (martaigne@accordinglydone.com)

Parts needed:
94-95 Acura Legend GS Sedan Dual-Piston Front Calipers
-OR-
95+ Honda Accord V6/92+ Honda Prelude VTEC Front Calipers (1L, 1R)

23T Caliper Brackets** (2)
95-98 Honda Odyssey/95-97 Honda Accord V6 Front Knuckles* (1L, 1R)
95-98 Honda Odyssey Front Wheel Bearings (2)
95-98 Honda Odyssey Front Hubs (2)
98+ Acura ITR/97+ Honda Prelude Front Rotors(2)
97+ Honda Prelude Hub/Bearing Assemblies (2)
98+ Acura ITR/98+ Honda Accord V6 Rear Rotors (2)
Rotor Screws (8)
20 lugnuts

4 5x114.3 Wheels with ~42? offset

Notes:
* If you have a 95-97 Accord, there is a chance that it already has the proper knuckles. I don't recommend buying the knuckles until you find out for certain that the new bearings do not bolt right into your original knuckle.

** You may have to order the 23T brackets seperately from the calipers. Legend calipers often come with 28T brackets, and Accord V6 calipers come with 25T brackets. Prelude VTEC calipers come with 23T brackets.

Front:
Raise the front of the car on jackstands. Remove the front wheels. Remove the 2 17mm bolts securing the brake caliper to the knuckle.

Remove 14mm banjo bolt from brake line, drain fluid into container, then pull off the caliper and set it aside. Do not attempt to drink brake fluid. Remove the 2 10mm bolts securing the brake line to the knuckle.

Using impact wrench or breaker bar, remove the spindle nut from the axle. Remove cotter pins from the lower ball joint, upper ball joint, and tie rod end castle nuts. Remove all three 17mm castle nuts. Pop tie rod end out of knuckle, lightly tap with a BFH if necessary.

Remove upper ball joint from knuckle by pressing upper control arm upwards, use BFH at your discretion. Pull knuckle out of lower control arm, may require the BFH again. Pull knuckle off of axle, being careful not to pull inner axle bearings out of the race.

Lay knuckle down on floor, studs facing outwards. Remove the 4 14mm bolts from the knuckle. Save these. Tap bearing/hub out of the knuckle. (If you have a 95-97 Accord, test fitment of new bearings in knuckle, if they don't fit, buy the above listed knuckles.) Assemble new bearing and hub together.

Place hub studs-down on cardboard, wood, or matting to protect the studs. Align new bearing over the hub, and press it on as far as you can by hand. Don't give yourself a hernia in the process. Place a piece of sturdy wood (i.e. 2x4) over the bearing. Whack repeatedly with BFH until hub and bearing are seated completely together. Get the knuckle and place it over the bearing, it should slide on fairly easily. Take the 4 14mm bolts and bolt the knuckle and bearing together.

Install the knuckle back on the car by reversing the steps to remove it. Be sure to tighten all nuts to spec and replace all cotter pins on castle nuts. Install new rotor on the hub by using 2 rotor screws. Take the new assembled caliper and slide it over the rotor. Be sure the banjo fitting aligns with the raised tabs on the caliper. (For Legend calipers, this means you have to use the caliper marked R on the left, and the one marked L on the right.) Mount the caliper on the knuckle using the 2 17mm bolts. Replace the 2 10mm bolts securing the brake line to the knuckle. Mount the banjo fitting using the 14mm banjo bolt.

Repeat for opposite side of the car.

Rear:
Raise the rear of the car on jackstands. Remove the rear wheels. Remove the 2 14mm bolts securing the brake caliper to the knuckle. Remove 14mm banjo bolt from brake line, drain fluid into container, then pull off the caliper and set it aside. Again, do not attempt to drink brake fluid. If you're thirsty, go get a beer!

Using impact wrench or breaker bar, remove the spindle nut from the spindle. Pull off the assembled hub and rotor. Place new hub over spindle. Replace spindle nut on spindle, being sure to torque to spec. There may be 2-3 threads of the nut still showing. This is normal, and is safe as long as you have the nut properly tightened. Place new rotor over hub, and affix using rotor screws. Place caliper back over rotor, and attach it to the knuckle with the 2 14mm bolts. Replace banjo fitting and 14mm banjo bolt.

Repeat for opposite side of the car.

Bleed your brakes using standard procudure, and enjoy.

A few small hamsters and many beers were harmed in the making of this tech article... but the hamsters enjoyed it thoroughly.
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:03 AM   #10
NorCal's Accord C.F.whore

unless you are doing it for choices of wheels or auto-x, it's not really worth it. it's expensive too. the rear brakes on the accord do minimal amounts of work and the stock units are fine. yes, it would be nice, but do you really want to replace everything from the master cylinder (because you need the increased flow to the rear lines) to the pads? not me. that's $1k i'd rather spend on my motor tuning or suspension tuning.
and i don't know how much harder it would be for a 6th gen compared to a 5th, but hte 5th guys who have done it didn't notice any differences.
iakona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #11

Actually people have posted they all feel the difference. Also I dont like having drums in the rear. If you get used parts or junkyard parts and sell off your old parts this shouldnt be that expensive. My friend is hooking me up with his old parts and stock wheels. Ill see if I decide to do it. Honestly Accord brakes are not that great. Im also very used to the upgraded brakes on my other cars and having such a weak braking system makes me feel unsafe. I would just go Brembo or Stoptech or even AEM, Rotora, etc. but I want my car to look stock.
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM   #12
NorCal's Accord C.F.whore

true. i agree.
and i have the AEM rotors up front, so my rears really don't do any of the work. i guess to each his own, but for guys just doing it for looks, it could be a waste of funds more suitable for other upgreades

mine looks stock, except for the dinner plates behind the wheels, and the gold coilovers, and the sway bars, and the volks...
iakona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:04 PM   #13
Your Own3er!

Send a message via MSN to bthrist Send a message via Yahoo to bthrist
STOLEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM:

started to think about this, here is my parts list without rotors

5 Lug Conversion Parts
Part Part Number Quantity Price Total

Front
HUB ASSY., FR. 44600-S87-A00 2 $38.49 $76.98
BEARING, FR. HUB 44300-S84-A01 2 $43.73 $87.46
BOLT, WHEEL 90113-S84-901 10 $0.60 $6.00
CIRCLIP (INNER) (84MM) 90681-SG0-000 2 $7.30 $14.60
SCREW-WASHER (6X14) 93892-06014-08 6 $0.41 $2.46
MUDGUARD, FR. (15") 45255-SS0-G00 2 $22.11 $44.22
$231.72 without rotors

Rear
BEARING ASSY., RR. 42200-S87-A51 2 $118.82 $237.64
MUDGUARD, L. RR. 43254-S84-A50 1 $18.73 $18.73
BOLT, WHEEL 90113-SM1-005 10 $0.51 $5.10
MUDGUARD, R. RR. 43253-S84-A50 1 $18.73 $18.73
CAP, HUB UNIT 42326-ST7-Z00 2 $3.07 $6.14
NUT, SPINDLE 90305-S30-003 2 $5.46 $10.92
$297.26 without rotors

total, $528.98 w/o rotors
bthrist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #14

Hey what car are those parts from?
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:40 AM   #15
Your Own3er!

Send a message via MSN to bthrist Send a message via Yahoo to bthrist
6th Generation
bthrist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2004, 09:28 PM   #16
7th Gen ACcord

hey kinda off topic but i was wondering if you convert from drums to disc you will have ABS on the rear??? if i have the money i might be going from drums to disc. but the 7th gen got some electronic braking thing on the EX. so i duno how it would work.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to AcCoRdCoUpE2k1
did a 4 to 5 lug swap as well as a rear disc brake upgrade while i got my engine swap done.
AcCoRdCoUpE2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #18

does anyone know if the legend calipers will bolt up to a 6th gen i4 sedan? If no, what will i need to make it fit and will accord SS lines work with it?
sonnieeeeboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Whitesides
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikn acordH22
jackin off a v6

I read that and couldnt stop laughing. and I'm at work.
Whitesides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #20
Work hard, play later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnieeeeboi
does anyone know if the legend calipers will bolt up to a 6th gen i4 sedan? If no, what will i need to make it fit and will accord SS lines work with it?
There is a guy at my shop has Legend Calipers with Prelude roters that's going on his Accord I belive it's the box shape 4dr Accord I think it's a 1991.
phatintegra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #21
Booostin~!

Send a message via AIM to accord20o1
hey guys i was wondering if the 5th gen preludes hub fit the accords? are the knucks the same? i need to know if the front and rear fits.. thanks!
accord20o1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #22

Does anyone know if you can convert the rear drums to discs without having to do the 4lug-to-5lug conversion on a 6th gen? They have tons of these conversion kits for civics, but i've yet to find any for the 6th gen accord.
TheUAccord23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2006, 01:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUAccord23
Does anyone know if you can convert the rear drums to discs without having to do the 4lug-to-5lug conversion on a 6th gen? They have tons of these conversion kits for civics, but i've yet to find any for the 6th gen accord.
You can get the rear disc assembly off of a 4cyl Accord Ex that has ABS. Which would include the spindle, caliper, brackets, soft brake lines, pad, rotor, etc... (COMPLETE). You'll need the hand brake cable too.
abvboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2006, 01:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnieeeeboi
Legend caliper will bot bolt up to your 4cyl brake system. You need bigger rotor (ie V6 rotor). You can use your stock brake lines, they'll reach. The only problem you'll have is that V6 rotors are 5 lugs. I have a set of used V6 rotor with 4x114 bolt pattern for sale if your interested, just PM me. If you get my rotors all you'll need is Accord V6 rotor OR Legend 2 piston caliper.
Old August 1st, 2006, 01:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord20o1
hey guys i was wondering if the 5th gen preludes hub fit the accords? are the knucks the same? i need to know if the front and rear fits.. thanks!
I don't know if 5th gen prelude hub will work because it might be hub over rotor versus rotor over hub. I think the knuckles are different because of the difference in wheel base size.
Old August 1st, 2006, 02:05 AM   #26
1lbs at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUAccord23

I picked up a 5 lug knuckle and caliper setup off of a 1999 v6 EX off of ebay for about $275 shipped.

Really lucky and great deal at the time.

I picked up the proportioning valve, new pads, and new rotors and am a set of SS brake lines away from doing the swap.

Should be fairly easy to where I can do it in about 6 hours taking my time on a sunday and drive it up to my alignment shop monday morning to make sure she's straight
rmrf23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 05:49 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmrf23
I picked up a 5 lug knuckle and caliper setup off of a 1999 v6 EX off of ebay for about $275 shipped.

Really lucky and great deal at the time.

I picked up the proportioning valve, new pads, and new rotors and am a set of SS brake lines away from doing the swap.

Should be fairly easy to where I can do it in about 6 hours taking my time on a sunday and drive it up to my alignment shop monday morning to make sure she's straight
Let me know how your proportion valve conversion works. I wasn't able to change my proportion valve, because Accords w/ rear disc has ABS, which means that the proportion valve has 2 ports versus 4 ports on our 4 cyl rear drum w/out ABS. (could have the # of port mixed up between I4 & V6, its been awhile since i've attempted to change the proportion valve).
Old October 14th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to lexusboi
i think it's possible
but my worry part is the axle from motor to 5lug n 4lug is diff
rear are mostly easilier to do
lexusboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2007, 06:15 AM   #29

Send a message via AIM to grant8311 Send a message via MSN to grant8311
has anyone successfully done the conversion yet? my only worry is the fact that the v6 spline on the end of the axle ( the part that goes into the hub) is larger than the 4cyl's. I really dont have the money to do this from trial and error (and I'm sure many other members on this board has the same concern).
grant8311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:20 AM   #30

YES, I've successfully done this. YES, the 4cyl axle will fit inside the v6 hub, you use your stock 4cyl spindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant8311
has anyone successfully done the conversion yet? my only worry is the fact that the v6 spline on the end of the axle ( the part that goes into the hub) is larger than the 4cyl's. I really dont have the money to do this from trial and error (and I'm sure many other members on this board has the same concern).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.