Accord - Radiator Fan Keep Running Solution - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2004, 04:28 PM   #1

Accord - Radiator Fan Keeps Running Solution

Hello,
I am posting this to share my ordeal with Honda Service and the Persistent pain in the rear problem with the low temp fan (radiator) fan not stopping after cool down.

the car: Accord 2000 V6 EX-Leather, 70k problem start around 60K

the problem: we would driving 5 min plus, then stop and the low temp fan, radiator fan would come on to cool the car, as designed. this supposed to run for about 15 mins and stop. but it would not unless I started the car back up and let it run for couple of mins if the fan got stuck.

we took it to honda, the guy first ask me change my battery, which he claims can cause this, so I did. no help it was still broke. so we took the car into honda.

1st call: honda changed, the timer (110$) and called it a day. total bill $160 (with my 10% off)

this did not resolve the issue. cuz the timer was not the problem, now the high temp can would come on and NOT turn off, kept on going. arr

2nd call: they were unable to reproduce the problem. no cost

many weeks went by, when it occured we were miles away and did not drive to honda. I kept going out to check on the car half hour after parking at home everytime we went out and came back home.

3rd call: the fan had drained the battery dead, luckily we had the extra battery. we took it to honda and they decided to keep it overnight, gave us a loaner.
they found the fan relay switch (omtron) had gone bad. but they checked all the sensors and all teh relays in that sub system. car fixed, cost nada, they ate it.

I am still confused as to why only the relay would be the fault item and would cause this. but the problem has not occured since then, and it is about 50 Degree Cooler.

Anyone else had this problem?
what was the cause and resolution?

Keywords: Honda accord fan radiator running stop timer switch relay temperature temp sensor stuck high low

Last edited by stockrex; October 16th, 2004 at 06:52 PM..
stockrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #2

I am having the same problem now. not going to buy another honda in million years.
Towid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 28th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towid View Post
I am having the same problem now. not going to buy another honda in million years.
wow never going to buy another honda in a million years because of an elec fan issue...... can't say that I would agree with your logic but hey it's your money good luck with the chevy.

I've personally never had that issue but honestly i'm surprised it took so long for them to figure it out.
jester1020 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.