CEL code P0300, P0301, P0304, P0305, and P1399 fixes? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #1

CEL code P0300, P0301, P0304, P0305, and P1399 fixes?

i am getting the following CEL codes. P0300, P0301, P0304, P0305, and P1399

i am pulling the plugs and checking them, also checking the coils. i'm going to replace the O2 sensors, clean or replace the EGR valve, check the fuel pressure, change the fuel filter, and seafoam the engine.

if this doesn't work, then i'm going in for a valve adjustment.

if you google P1399, my accord is experiencing the cold-start (or cooled-down start) symptons as discussed on someone's Honda CR-V.

anybody else got any recommendations to solve these error codes?
uncleben00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #2

71.............P0300,P0301................Random/Cylinder 1 misfire 74.............P0304.............................C ylinder 4 misfire
75.............P0305.............................C ylinder 5 misfire

For that I would check the plugs first and while the coils are off check them as well.

Last edited by PrimeTimeV6; October 12th, 2007 at 06:33 PM..
PrimeTimeV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 12th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #3

I have the same codes with the exception of the P1399. I have been told it is probably due to a dirty MAF. Only problem is we don't have MAF's. We have MAP's. I get the CEL and I get it diagnosed at Advanced Auto about every 6 months. Then in about a week the CEL light cuts off. It happened to me on Monday of this week. I took the Map sensor off, blew into it and put it back on. The next morning the CEL light went off when I started the car. WTF? I don't know. I really doubt it is your plugs. It is missfiring in all cylinders so that leads me to believe it is not the plugs rather something else.
noslow100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 12th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #4
Bobby Lane Racing

replace plugs and check coil packs!
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 12th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslow100 View Post
I have the same codes with the exception of the P1399. I have been told it is probably due to a dirty MAF. Only problem is we don't have MAF's. We have MAP's. I get the CEL and I get it diagnosed at Advanced Auto about every 6 months. Then in about a week the CEL light cuts off. It happened to me on Monday of this week. I took the Map sensor off, blew into it and put it back on. The next morning the CEL light went off when I started the car. WTF? I don't know. I really doubt it is your plugs. It is missfiring in all cylinders so that leads me to believe it is not the plugs rather something else.
i agree with you, its not the plugs or coils. gotta be something else. what and where is the MAP sensor?
Old October 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #6

i have done nothing to fix the problem of the error codes. the car has been running fine, and i decided to reset the CEL by pulling fuse #13. so far so good, the light has not come back on.
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:16 AM   #7

update - the car starting hesitating and misfiring every time i pressed the gas. felt like the car had no power.

CEL came on again, with the same codes, and progressively got worse over time. i have replaced all 6 coils and plugs last night. car runs great, and no hesitation.

my drive to work is 20 minutes and about 1 mile from work I started getting a slight hesitation when pressing the gas and CEL came on and started flashing, but then it went away as i coasted into the parking lot (didn't press the gas at all). i'll go to lunch today and see if the car hesitates at all.

any suggestions? could this be clogged fuel filter or fuel pump or fuel injectors?
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:23 AM   #8
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

check for any popped fuses. ALso, if it's still misfiring, more than likely, it's your catalytic converter. A clogged cat will inevitably lead to misfire. When you get time, jack the car up, take off your cat and look into it. If you see pieces everywhere or can't see through to the other side, it's time for a new one; or at least get an R/T cat if you do need one, it's cheaper and gives you extra power.
joe80055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:24 AM   #9
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

On second thought... it's definitely your cat, when you have a day off from work or the night before you have to go to work, jack the car up, remove the cat, and inspect it. If it was your coil packs that was the problem, the code is specific to where the problem exists. If it's multiple random misfire, the cat's your culprit. It's infamous in the Kia and Hyundai lines.
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:06 AM   #10

yes, you're right the code was specific to the problem that exists (the fouled coils/plugs were on the cylinders that had the specific code.)

all coils/plugs have been replaced, but any clue why the car would drive 20 miles perfectly, then on the last mile start to give me hesitation/misfiring on the last mile?

btw, when i got to the parking garage, and drove up the ramp and pressing on the gas pedal, there was no hesitation and misfire. the car drove perfectly.

the old CAT could be giving me these intermittent problems?
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:45 AM   #11
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

The cat can become more restrictive with heat, so the first 20 miles may be great and then go to pot as the cat gets up to temp and then overheats causing excessive backpressure causing overheating in the cyliners and plugs.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #12
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

^ I agree... Dude, check your cat. It's clogged up. I guarantee you the minute you remove the cat, you'll see particles just falling out of there. Take the cat out, clear the codes, turn the car on and you'll see all your codes go away.

Once you verify this, you're not going to find any luck getting a used cats from a yard because it's against regulations in some states, even if you did find a used one, you're going to go through the same trouble again. Furthermore, don't bother with the dealership because a new cat depending on your location/dealer WILL cost you $400+. With this in mind, look for a Random Technology cat. you'll get your problems solved for cheap along with an extra 10 whp.. I can't complain about that at all. Let us know how it works out for you

Another reason why I'm saying this is because of that P300 code, random misfire... only clogged cats (seeing from my past experiences) cause this bs. good luck!
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #13
sittin low

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe80055 View Post
Another reason why I'm saying this is because of that P300 code, random misfire... only clogged cats (seeing from my past experiences) cause this bs. good luck!
Can you tell me why I have that code...........I have a test pipe?
AcCoRd16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #14
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055

^ what did you do with the sensor you have that screws into your cat?
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #15
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

LOL, 7th gens I have seen do it just by driving hard, but you may have a test pipe for your third cat, what about your pre-cats?
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #16

can someone help me out with P1399...looked through a code list but its saying something about a glow plug. btw this is for a '98 CR-V
H22 VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM   #17

I got the similar codes to the OP. I have a 98 AV6 with 998xx miles, which means the cat is probably seized. Is there any way to make sure that it is the cat before I possibly strip a bolt on the cat?

P300
P301
P302
P303
P304
P305
P306
P1399

Just changed the spark plug wires and the coil wire. The culprit was the coil wire, now it idles smoothly.

Last edited by Icedragon; April 10th, 2008 at 10:03 PM..
Icedragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #18

^^^change the o2 sensor first, if the CEL still there then change the cat, my car is in the shop for those item replacement right now lol.
truonghthe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.