P0300 p0301 p0303 p0305 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #1

P0300 p0301 p0303 p0305

Hi guys, so on my way to the mall today my car's CEL started blinking. It runs fine when I accelerate, but when I idle it jerks pretty bad. I have a 2000 EX V6 with 104,XXX miles on it. I change the spark plugs (and valve cover gaskets) back when I had 89k on it and I changed intake manifold gasket and did the common EGR valve fix for my car when it had 98k miles on it. Now the car is in the driveway and I am having it towed to the dealership Monday morning to have it looked at. Has anyone here had those codes come up before and what needed to be done? The CEL just blinks when I drive in case any one you guys were wondering.
bigmoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 19th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Super IcyAccord

those are misfire codes...

have you tried changing out the spark plugs / coil packs etc?
changaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #3

I changed the spark plugs last summer, I got OEM Honda replacements. The coil packs haven't been changed yet. Would it be a coincidence that it's misfiring on half the engine cylinders on the same side of the block?
Old March 21st, 2011, 02:14 PM   #4

So I just got back from the dealership and they repaired my car. Total cost: $492.xx after tax. What was the problem? Well I was told the coil pack on cylinder 5 was bad and that was causing all my cylinders to misfire (by the time I got to the dealership (about a mile and a half from my house) it went from 3 cylinders misfiring, to all 6 misfiring), which in turn messed up my spark plugs on all 6 cylinders (even though I replaced them with OEM Honda plugs about 17k miles ago).

So I was charged 18.35 per plug and around 95 for the coil pack. I asked them to price match Majestic Honda and they said they can't match the online price so I was stuck paying full price unfortunately. This was one of those times that I needed the car ASAP and didn't have time to purchase the parts online, and wait for them to ship and then do the repair. Also, the guy recommended that I do the timing belt change soon since I'm at 104k, which I will be doing this Summer.

One question I have for you guys is, since one coil pack went bad, shouldn't the others also be on there way out too? Majestic Honda has them for 50 bucks a piece. I can buy the other 5 and I can install them myself and can potentially avoid the cost of having the current ones break and run into the same issues as I did the other day. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Old March 21st, 2011, 05:58 PM   #5
Shift_

Send a message via AIM to SouthStar019
interesting i have the same problem except mine is only
cylinder 4
SouthStar019 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM   #6
+2 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
One question I have for you guys is, since one coil pack went bad, shouldn't the others also be on there way out too? Majestic Honda has them for 50 bucks a piece. I can buy the other 5 and I can install them myself and can potentially avoid the cost of having the current ones break and run into the same issues as I did the other day. Do you guys have any suggestions?
I don't know why one coil pack would mess up firing on all cylinders but they are interchangeable and look easy to do (my 99 has the crummy but reliable distributor setup or i'd tell you for sure it's easy)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- RIP, for you have served us well!
DonutLimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:55 PM   #7
Shift_

Send a message via AIM to SouthStar019
i got mine done at the dealer also, except mine ended up being the injectors and a hefty repair bill.
SouthStar019 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.