Serious Lawsuit against Honda of America being filed - Page 11 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #301
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
my refurbished one is acting up 2. Im not sure if its the redline fluid or its just a bad trannt again but its sad because this one has been driven on for only 2k miles

Honda wouldnt help me with the first tranny cause my car was to modded.
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 2nd, 2007, 02:28 PM   #302

What is the word on this lawsuit? I have a 98' v6 accord with a bad transmission, I'm the 3rd owner and the car has about 143 000 miles / 230 000 km on it. Located in Canada.
avio07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 2nd, 2007, 11:20 PM   #303
...noob in need...

Send a message via AIM to xCrayZ_one2NVx
read the first 10 pages. some canadians have asked the same
xCrayZ_one2NVx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #304

i hope my tranny doesnt crap out. i just bought a v6 accord
honda08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #305

Send a message via AIM to bigzbei
damn, mine's is an 02' accord. just missed it. well, that sux for honda.
bigzbei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2008, 12:40 AM   #306

Honda didnt help me

Well, my tranny finally died at around 99000 and I gave American Honda a call to get some help with my 99. No help at all so I decided to get my rebuilt.... to bad our year didnt get covered with the 100k warranty!
AV6isher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 23rd, 2008, 01:28 AM   #307

My 02 Accords tranny went out but Honda replaced mine super fast in fact Honda sent me recall notice and hooked it up big time. That suck that all you people are having problems but even with Hondas f-up ill still buy from them, there cars just look clean!
JDMMOZANGELES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #308

Most affordable domestic cars just look cheap. Honda has made a mistake with the auto transmissions but I would still take a honda over most any domestic pile of ****. My cousin has a 2007 Accord and has had her trans slip twice at around 20 000 miles but it hasn't given her any problems since so I don't know what the deal is. I had my auto trans go out in my V6 accord at about 120 000 and put the six speed in it so even if Honda will pay for my POS auto trans I would be out of luck.
Cmann87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #309

Damn this sucks.
InspiredAcura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM   #310

i have a 98 honda and my tranny is slipping major and is about to die probly at the end of the month. i got 116k miles on it and im the second owner what do i do???
angelusnhc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 08:15 AM   #311

hey- I hate to be lazy, but does anybody have the list of parts required to convert an auto v6 accord 2dr to the 6 speed from an 03 accord or cl ? I would like to be ready for when mine is on the brink. thanks
SILVER3.0BULLIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2008, 03:42 PM   #312

Send a message via AIM to wg2k7
mine just died, well its about to die. basically slips so bad my dash is about to fall off from the shaking. took it into my honda dealership and they said they give it a month max, i hear on monday how much if any american honda will cover.
wg2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:46 AM   #313
Super IcyAccord

what if youre past the warranty range? i have 111k on the car, but im the second owner.

according to carfax, the car was serviced at the dealership every 3k miles. would this be enough for service record proof?
changaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #314

I have an '01 and my tranny went out at 87k miles. I'm at 97k right now, but I knew about an issue with the Accord trannys. I didn't know there was a lawsuit or extended warranty. Will Honda reimburse me for having my transmission rebuilt by my mechanic?
donpisto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #315

my 00 manual transmission went out on the highway
tomat03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #316
Baby Gurl Racing

Send a message via AIM to babygurlracing Send a message via Yahoo to babygurlracing
my transmission blew and i got honda to pay for 25 percent of the new one as well as the local honda dealership that charges like $65 an hour could only charge me $25 because Honda was paying for some of it. I saved a lot of money. Its well worth contacting honda.
babygurlracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #317
Life on Two Wheels...

Send a message via AIM to LifeWithaTwist
Wow... Didn't know the Accords had so many issues.

I just bought a '99 V6 EX. Its past warranty. Its an Auto, and seems to shift slow when going D3 to D4. It also seems slow to catch when moving from stop. It won't actually move until 3k ish. I may have to give Honda a call as well.
LifeWithaTwist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:16 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWithaTwist View Post
Wow... Didn't know the Accords had so many issues.

I just bought a '99 V6 EX. Its past warranty. Its an Auto, and seems to shift slow when going D3 to D4. It also seems slow to catch when moving from stop. It won't actually move until 3k ish. I may have to give Honda a call as well.
let me know how that all works out
angelusnhc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #319

I know they will blow me off, but I'm going to contact Honda about my '98 coupe as well. It has 136,000 miles on it.
kwhisenant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #320

Yeah mine (99, 86k miles) totally gave out today, and I almost got rear-ended (and honked at) by the guy behind me because it suddenly shifted down a gear or two, and decelerated SUPER fast, like hitting the brakes hard. Scared the living daylights out of me, and after that I was driving like at 20 miles per hour, with it slipping, and engaging randomly. Had to keep the RPM's lower than 3000 in case it decided ton suddenly engage and cause some unforseen behavior. I'm so mad ... And the worst part is now I have to shell out some odd $3000 to have ANOTHER shoddy replacement put in that will likely fail again. I am a pretty young guy and this is not something I will forget in my life.. I'm never again going to buy another honda, and maybe even stay away from similar Japanese cars when I end up with the money to choose.
racknpinion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 13th, 2008, 01:55 AM   #321

ah my warrenty was done a month ago. im so sad
accord213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #322

mine went bad but they replaced it under warranty
jeff72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2008, 12:31 AM   #323

just in time
jeff72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff72 View Post
just in time
Lucky you...
While the rest of us run around in limbo and rebuilding ours. I'm getting an 8 GEN COUPE
s_dot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM   #325
Lovin' life

disgusted with Honda auto transmissions

My original transmission failed at 64k & Honda replaced it for free. My 2000 Coupe has 124k miles on it now and the transmission has failed again, even with an AT oil change done 24k after the AT was replaced.

Symptoms: slams hard when shifting from Park to Reverse or from Park to drive. Slips on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift and slams hard on the downshift from either 3-1 or 2-1. It'll do this first thing in the morning when cold and it could do this when fully warmed-up after stopping for gas .... or it may not do it at all.

Tried shifting manually & it made no difference. I tried to pass a guy and the AT's downshift obviously increased the engine speed (RPM's) but increase in vehicle speed was minimal so I had to fall back into line.

Honda's response: My car has over 109k miles so I'm not covered.

My response: my car has 124k miles on it but YOUR replacement transmission only has 60k miles on it. According to YOUR maintenance schedule there is NO SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE until 90k miles because my driving habits/usage do not qualify for severe duty .... but I tried being proactive and had the AT oil changed anyway.

Honda's reply: We'll cover the first $500 of expense, after that it comes out of my pocket .... most likely about $2000.

My reply: Luckily, I bought an extended coverage policy from Warranty Direct & I'm covered for the AT repair for any amount beyond the $50 deductible. How about you take your $500 "contribution" and give me a loaner car while the repair is being done?

Honda's reply: No

I don't see how Honda can deny being complicit in all of this, they admit (by extending AT warranty period to 109k miles) their auto transmissions are flawed. They replaced one flawed transmission with another flawed transmission and yet expected a different result.

I've been driving for almost 40 years and I've never owned a car that experienced any type of transmission failure. I would venture a guess that everyone probably went to the crusher with its original transmission, including a few '80's & '90's Hondas.

Now I have a car that has had two failures & I'll think twice before I buy another Honda with an automatic transmission.
NYV6Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #326
Be a better driver

I have a 99 V6 coupe and pretty much fear this because there's just no way of telling. I'm amazed at how may different mileages there are at which point these tranny's go bad, mine has near 98k on it. I bought it used though so I have no idea of any previous replacement.

The D4 light has never blinked and the only time it jolts is if I accelerate hard up to 3rd and then let off abrubtly...then sometimes it will shift into 4th a little rough. But I blame that on the original bad build. I always feel a small jolt when I shift from P to R or P to D, which is worse when it's cold.

What mine is doing now is making 3 clicking noises after I've moved the gear lever...it sounds like it is taking longer to shift through the different gears. I plan on taking it in at 102k when I get my tranny fluid flushed to have it evaluated. Would absolutely hate to get rid of this car... but having a car worth around $6500 and having to spend at least half that for a new tranny is troubling.
Red Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:07 PM   #327

My 00 V6 had 86K miles (I think)and never had any signs of gears slipping before selling it. I took good care of it though, like making complete stops before switching from reverse to drive and flushing transmission fluid. I had the mechanic go through the whole box of tranny fluids to completely flush it.
silentpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 21st, 2008, 10:48 AM   #328

this sucks, lol, I JUST found out about this. I used to own a 2000 v6 accord that got a new tranny after 120k miles....$3k!! this was after the alternator blew out
Darkphantom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYV6Coupe View Post
My original transmission failed at 64k & Honda replaced it for free. My 2000 Coupe has 124k miles on it now and the transmission has failed again, even with an AT oil change done 24k after the AT was replaced.

Symptoms: slams hard when shifting from Park to Reverse or from Park to drive. Slips on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift and slams hard on the downshift from either 3-1 or 2-1. It'll do this first thing in the morning when cold and it could do this when fully warmed-up after stopping for gas .... or it may not do it at all.

Tried shifting manually & it made no difference. I tried to pass a guy and the AT's downshift obviously increased the engine speed (RPM's) but increase in vehicle speed was minimal so I had to fall back into line.

Honda's response: My car has over 109k miles so I'm not covered.

My response: my car has 124k miles on it but YOUR replacement transmission only has 60k miles on it. According to YOUR maintenance schedule there is NO SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE until 90k miles because my driving habits/usage do not qualify for severe duty .... but I tried being proactive and had the AT oil changed anyway.

Honda's reply: We'll cover the first $500 of expense, after that it comes out of my pocket .... most likely about $2000.

My reply: Luckily, I bought an extended coverage policy from Warranty Direct & I'm covered for the AT repair for any amount beyond the $50 deductible. How about you take your $500 "contribution" and give me a loaner car while the repair is being done?

Honda's reply: No

I don't see how Honda can deny being complicit in all of this, they admit (by extending AT warranty period to 109k miles) their auto transmissions are flawed. They replaced one flawed transmission with another flawed transmission and yet expected a different result.

I've been driving for almost 40 years and I've never owned a car that experienced any type of transmission failure. I would venture a guess that everyone probably went to the crusher with its original transmission, including a few '80's & '90's Hondas.

Now I have a car that has had two failures & I'll think twice before I buy another Honda with an automatic transmission.
Maybe you should look into bringing your car to an independent shop and not a Honda dealer?
My 00's tranny died at 80K, the Honda dealer cheated me and put in a used (not rebuilt) transmission and that pos failed immediately. Honda corporate agreed to pay for the replacement parts, but not labor???
Since you have an unaffiliated warranty, maybe it's time to look for service alternatives?
goatmilkracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #330

After 10 years, it's hard to get those a$$es to do anything with these cars. I've had my tranny go out twice. At 90k and 178k. This is on a 99 accord, so no extended warranty.

When it went out at 90k, I went to the dealer (in 2005) and they told me they would give me $500 off of $4,500 (rebuilt tranny).

I feel sorry for the sucker that bought one from them. Rebuilds are under $2k for most shops!
quasi248 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.