Serious Lawsuit against Honda of America being filed - Page 2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2003, 11:10 PM   #31
293 of 540

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic599 Send a message via Yahoo to Synthetic599
I have also spoken to Austin and am ready to get this moving as well! Come on people this could mean good things for us!
Synthetic599 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 25th, 2003, 05:51 AM   #32

I spoke to Austin on Friday 8/22 and he knows my situation. The car is at the dealer today for a tranny replacement, I have to pay the labor charge, $490.00 and I have only 42K miles on this car!
BD72055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 25th, 2003, 02:34 PM   #33
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
k awesome, props to everybody that contacted austin, hes a great guy and he is trying to help all of us get trannies or make honda fix the problem, keep the people coming!
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 25th, 2003, 03:01 PM   #34

Yep, I contacted Austin already to let him know of my issues.

I suggest anybody else with Transmission issues. No matter what year. Should contact him.

Whether you had problems or if you are experiencing any problems with your transmission. You should give this guy a quick email.

We need as much support as possible with this issue.
SlySi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 26th, 2003, 05:59 AM   #35
Banned

Send a message via AIM to snikwad
ok, whos, Austin, i havent been following this, and ive been kinda busy, who do i email.
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 26th, 2003, 07:25 AM   #36
Phi Kappa Sigma "Skulls"

Send a message via AIM to svp50
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightAccord on August 21st, 2003 at 04:51 PM

k well will everybody do me a favor, email me with your info, and your vin if you can, i just talked to austin519 who is a consulant for the firm, and he wants me to collect everybody with 98-99's that i can, if you have any problems at all or you feel its going to go out, give me your address and phone #
email me @ snicka84@yahoo.com
youve got mail...
svp50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 26th, 2003, 01:34 PM   #37
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Maybe you should invite him to register here.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 26th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #38
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
he said he was going to, but he probably has been really busy, ill email him and ask him now

snikwad, either email me or austin519@aol.com and tell them about ur car and ur problem
Old August 28th, 2003, 01:13 AM   #39

Send a message via AIM to karskrazy
98 Honda Cpe V6 Tranny Problems

I am having some serious problems right now with my transmission also. I just had a electronic control valve installed the other day that helped it somewhat and I also did the transmission flush at the same time, but it still feels like it has a shift kit in it when it shifts into passing gear at about 40-50mph. It also acts like it is still trying to slip on the first to second and the second to third shift under normal accelaration. It has a big gap in the shifting when it goes into passing gear though. It revs really high and shifts really hard when it does. This car just turned 95k miles. It is the first Honda I have heard of until lately with tranny problems. MY BAD. While I was at the dealership the other day and talking to a friend that is in the parts dept. he told me that they replace about 15 trannys a mo. He didn't say whether Honda was warrantying those either, but I am sure most aren't. I'll be sending the info to Austin519@aol.com as well. Good Luck Kars
karskrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 28th, 2003, 01:16 AM   #40
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Dang it. My car shifts sometimes at 6500 rpm. I might have to join.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2003, 09:16 PM   #41
Banned

hey people he needs more people to sign up, cmon if we want a better chance to get the problem solved we need more people
Old September 7th, 2003, 09:24 PM   #42

I just talked with Austin and I am signed up for the tranny failure problems on my Accord. My suggestion is that as many people are having this problem with their cars that you sign up in case Honda does finally do the right thing and fix these cars for us once and for all ! Kars
Old September 13th, 2003, 08:56 PM   #43
"ASSASSIN"

I have a 98 accord and my tranny really started showing its ass today. For a while now its been slippin and I really had no idea ( in denial ) what was going on . Not my Honda ? ? ? ? ? ? Anyways , my car just abruptly jumps into gear ( like a kid just learning how to drive stick ) and when ever it feel like it. I tried to back up to park it but there was no reverse. My question is what can this guy do if people like myself need this problem fixed ASAP ? I have a child and I'm too damn scared to drive it . This is my only means of transportation ! ! ! ! ! ! HELP
Old September 14th, 2003, 04:20 AM   #44
___

so what info do I need to give? year? Vin #? Anything else?
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #45

If you will email Austin at austin@aol.com and briefly tell him the problems you are having with your car he will probably contact you by phone to take all of the information he will need about you and your car. I am sure that the more people that they can show are having these problems and the various year models that are doing the same thing, the better chance we all have of getting some help on the repairs needed to fix our cars. Right now 98-99 Accords are NOT listed on the Extended Warranty that Honda has offered on the 01-02 models for trans problems but maybe with enough of a push they will include these other cars as well. GOOD LUCK ! KARS
Old September 15th, 2003, 12:00 AM   #46

Send a message via AIM to accordboy
hey ppl i think im goin 2 do the same to hehe cause once in a blue it slips and lags like its not moving at all
accordboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2003, 01:19 AM   #47
Banned

hey karskrazy, its austin519@aol.com, just email him with basic info and he will tell you what all you need to send, but he will probably want your vin # too
Old September 23rd, 2003, 02:52 AM   #48
Tasty!

Send a message via ICQ to Austin519 Send a message via AIM to Austin519
Hey all, totally my bad for taking so long to post on this thread. I've posted other places but not here. My name's Austin and I'm helping Post Kirby Noonan and Sweat LLP (www.pkns.com) in their lawsuit against Honda of America. I would like to hear from any of you that have had problems with your transmissions. Please shoot me an email at the address MidnightAccord was nice enough to post (Austin519@aol.com) with your name and phone #, and I will get in touch with you. I've been a little backed up lately, but I WILL get in touch with you I promise. Thanks everyone.

Austin519
Austin519 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 23rd, 2003, 09:36 AM   #49
import tuner and rn

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BD72055 on August 25th, 2003 at 07:51 AM

I spoke to Austin on Friday 8/22 and he knows my situation. The car is at the dealer today for a tranny replacement, I have to pay the labor charge, $490.00 and I have only 42K miles on this car!

are u under warranty , what dealership did u go to BD72055

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:06 AM   #50
Banned

thanks austin for checking in.....hopefully we can get alot more people now
Old October 2nd, 2003, 11:23 AM   #51
Tasty!

Anyone have any updates to their situations? New situations?

Austin519

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Current Mods*
Performance: 3.5L Engine Swap|JE Forged Pistons|Cryo Treated Shot Peened Magnafluxed Rods|Port And Polish|5 Angle Valve Job|High Flow Fuel Pump|Titanium Transmission With Kevlar Clutches|Comptech Exhaust,(Jet Hot) Headers,SS Brake Lines|(Jet Hot) AEM CAI w/ Bypass|Neuspeed Upper Strut Tie Bar, Race Sways (27mm/25mm)|H&R Sport Springs|B&M Tranny Cooler|Race Concepts Rotors|Axxis Metal Master Brake Pads|Redline 5w20/Water Wetter
Exterior: Cleared Headlights, Clear Spoiler Lens
Interior: Aluminum Trim Kit, Door Sills|Sparco Bio Chrome Shift Knob|Rebuilt Rear Deck|Plexi/Fiberglass Sub Box
Electronics: Zapco 9.0XD|Zapco 4.0X|Zapco 2.5X|2 JL 12w7|JL XR 650CS|JL XR 650CX|Stinger Wires|SVR Second Battery|2 1F Lightning Audio Capacitors|200A High Output Alternator|Solaris 9005 Highbeams|Razo Fogs

*Future Mods*
Performance: Comptech Supercharger|UR Pulleys|Nitrous
Exterior: Grillcraft Grille|WW Underbody Kit|6000K HID lowbeams and fogs
Interior: Custom blue/white LED lighting, gauge needles, gauge faces
Electronics:2 JL XR525CS|2 JL 400CX|2 Pioneer 7" LCD's|1 Sharp 8.4" LCD Touchscreen, computer

Quote:
IntegraVT - "Maybe we can organize a Neosporin® group buy for you."

Old October 2nd, 2003, 04:09 PM   #52

HELLO GUYS NEW TO THE CLUB. I HAVE A 99 V6 ACCORD AND IT HAS A 118000 AND THE TRANNY IS ABOUT TO DIE. THIS IS MY SECOND TRANNY. THE FIRST ONE DIE AT 11000 MILES.
ricerockettwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 9th, 2003, 11:34 PM   #53
Tasty!

ricerrockettwo:
Hey bro...shoot me an email at Austin519@aol.com with your situation...thanks.

Austin519

*Current Mods*
Performance: 3.5L Engine Swap|JE Forged Pistons|Cryo Treated Shot Peened Magnafluxed Rods|Port And Polish|5 Angle Valve Job|High Flow Fuel Pump|Titanium Transmission With Kevlar Clutches|Comptech Exhaust,(Jet Hot) Headers,SS Brake Lines|(Jet Hot) AEM CAI w/ Bypass|Neuspeed Upper Strut Tie Bar, Race Sways (27mm/25mm)|H&R Sport Springs|B&M Tranny Cooler|Race Concepts Rotors|Axxis Metal Master Brake Pads|Redline 5w20/Water Wetter
Exterior: Cleared Headlights, Clear Spoiler Lens
Interior: Aluminum Trim Kit, Door Sills|Sparco Bio Chrome Shift Knob|Rebuilt Rear Deck|Plexi/Fiberglass Sub Box
Electronics: Zapco 9.0XD|Zapco 4.0X|Zapco 2.5X|2 JL 12w7|JL XR 650CS|JL XR 650CX|Stinger Wires|SVR Second Battery|2 1F Lightning Audio Capacitors|200A High Output Alternator|Solaris 9005 Highbeams|Razo Fogs

*Future Mods*
Performance: Comptech Supercharger|UR Pulleys|Nitrous
Exterior: Grillcraft Grille|WW Underbody Kit|6000K HID lowbeams and fogs
Interior: Custom blue/white LED lighting, gauge needles, gauge faces
Electronics:2 JL XR525CS|2 JL 400CX|2 Pioneer 7" LCD's|1 Sharp 8.4" LCD Touchscreen, computer

Quote:
IntegraVT - "Maybe we can organize a Neosporin® group buy for you."

Old October 10th, 2003, 07:43 PM   #54

Send a message via AIM to Project MaxRpm
hey austin I e-mailed you before about my tranny I have a 99 and it is getting worse. it is sliping more often and also sometimes at wot and also when it goes to 3rd before it was only 2nd

Project MaxRpm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #55

DEAD TRANNY

Its finally my turn to have a dead tranny. Car takes 5 seconds to shift to reverse and then it kicks in very very hard. Also the car revs a little bit when it shifts. I have a 98 V6. Is there any any possible way for me to get a new one for cheap. I dun expect a tranny for free....but any good discount would be nice.
hybrdaccv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 20th, 2003, 02:39 AM   #56
Banned

hmmmm you might want to contact austin any hybrdaccv6, anything helps, but my suggestion is, try to wait it out for another month or so, get a rental or something, the v6p tranny will be out, much stronger for ur car and its supposed to be cheaper than hondas...

just my .02 cents
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:58 PM   #57
Mmmmmm....mmmm.....B*tch!

i got a 98, no real problems yet but im willing to get in on this thing cuz i deff. dont want to pay for a new one outa pocket.
acordcoupe4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2003, 08:58 PM   #58

our 98 accord v6 coupe is at around 86000km... so thats like... 50000miles?
2spEeDautO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 03:47 AM   #59
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
I just found this from another thread. It can give some idea on what to do about the tranny problem.

http://www.auto.com/industry/taurus13_20021213.htm

The suit charges Ford with two counts of fraud and one count of breach of implied warranty, essentially saying Ford sold a vehicle not "fit for ordinary driving."

This is basically the same thing we are having problems with. Our cars are not fit for ordinary driving without many trannies falling apart.

Just an idea .
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2003, 11:28 AM   #60
import tuner and rn

Quote:
Originally posted by PlumAccordCoupe
I just found this from another thread. It can give some idea on what to do about the tranny problem.

http://www.auto.com/industry/taurus13_20021213.htm

The suit charges Ford with two counts of fraud and one count of breach of implied warranty, essentially saying Ford sold a vehicle not "fit for ordinary driving."

This is basically the same thing we are having problems with. Our cars are not fit for ordinary driving without many trannies falling apart.

Just an idea .

yo plum that is a nice find , i am sure the lawyers will have something similiar to that

eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.