Serious Lawsuit against Honda of America being filed - Page 4 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2004, 02:43 AM   #91
charlie murphy!!!

anyone tried to put a cl-s 6 speed in a 6th generation??
thats been my plan for some time, anyone got any knowledge
on that??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #92

Send a message via AIM to imfillinit
Quote:
Originally posted by dragon
anyone tried to put a cl-s 6 speed in a 6th generation??
thats been my plan for some time, anyone got any knowledge
on that??
its been done by one person. eric did it. (jimmyrecluse). he has the 6 sp. and with comptech supercharger. do a search, but here's the link to his parts and info list. good luck if you do it!

My CL-s tranny swap parts list and info
imfillinit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #93

WELL MY GIRL FRIENDS '00 AV6 TRANNY WENT OUT @ 88K AND SHE GOT IT FIXED WITH HONDA CARE. THEN @ 120K THE MAIN SEAL WAS LEAKING OIL THE SHOP DIDN'T REPLACE THE SEAL AFTER THEY REPLACED THE TRANNY SO WE HAD TO SPEND $740 TO FIX THAT PROBLEM "THE DEALER FEED US SOME B.S. THAT'S WHY WE HAD TO PAY. NOW TODAY @ 130K THE TRANNYS WENT OUT AGAIN? MAN THIS SUX AFTER I DROPPED THE CAR AND UPGRADED THE BRAKES. THE DEALER SAYS IT MIGHT BE COVERED UNDER PARTS WARRENTY, BUT WE HAVE TO GET A NEW TRANNY PUMP.
MAN NOW I GOTTA GO KICK SOME HONDA CORP. ASS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN....................... FELL ME
brainbug99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 28th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #94
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Quote:
Originally posted by brainbug99
WELL MY GIRL FRIENDS '00 AV6 TRANNY WENT OUT @ 88K AND SHE GOT IT FIXED WITH HONDA CARE. THEN @ 120K THE MAIN SEAL WAS LEAKING OIL THE SHOP DIDN'T REPLACE THE SEAL AFTER THEY REPLACED THE TRANNY SO WE HAD TO SPEND $740 TO FIX THAT PROBLEM "THE DEALER FEED US SOME B.S. THAT'S WHY WE HAD TO PAY. NOW TODAY @ 130K THE TRANNYS WENT OUT AGAIN? MAN THIS SUX AFTER I DROPPED THE CAR AND UPGRADED THE BRAKES. THE DEALER SAYS IT MIGHT BE COVERED UNDER PARTS WARRENTY, BUT WE HAVE TO GET A NEW TRANNY PUMP.
MAN NOW I GOTTA GO KICK SOME HONDA CORP. ASS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN....................... FELL ME
Time to do the 6spd CL-S conversion
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:19 PM   #95
HOOK 'EM

Send a message via AIM to blackdragon
hope 02's get covered
blackdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:23 PM   #96
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Quote:
Originally posted by blackdragon
hope 02's get covered
Yeah true. I thought they were but I guess not my '01 was as I found out . Good luck though.

Or even better, hope that the 02's use a different tranny than '00/01
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #97
V Go SoCal Drivers V

Send a message via AIM to bustedryde
Quote:
Originally posted by Fuggedaboutid on February 28th, 2004 at 05:23 PM

Or even better, hope that the 02's use a different tranny than '00/01
They don't. The so-called "fix" is supposed to be in the 02s.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bustedryde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #98
Got navi?

Quote:
Originally posted by bustedryde
They don't. The so-called "fix" is supposed to be in the 02s.
if there is a so-called fix, then my replacement and others' replacements on pre 02's should be ever-lasting. Which I sorta do hope and which implies that your 02's unit should be fine.

Last edited by Fuggedaboutid; February 29th, 2004 at 10:07 AM..
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:58 AM   #99

any updates?
airswipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2004, 10:17 PM   #100

Send a message via AIM to AznBoyIceyIce
I've only had one problem with my tranny and the Honda dealership fixed it... however, the car still shifts hard into second even though they supposedly "fixed" it... I think Honda should just recall all the trannys between 98-02 and just give us a new one, goddamnit... no questions asked.
AznBoyIceyIce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2004, 09:35 PM   #101
Got navi?

a) I'm in Canada though I live in Buffalo for school.
b) I have a 2001 Accord V6 with a replacement Tranny
Old April 7th, 2004, 10:15 PM   #102

Send a message via AIM to HotRice504
Angry '02 EX V6 Accord Coupe

yeah i got issues with my accord too. my trans just went out at 29k miles on it. it shifts really hard between 1-2-3.... dang what can i do about this??? Please send help. Is there anything the i can do other then a new trans...... would flushing out the trans help any??

Last edited by HotRice504; April 7th, 2004 at 10:35 PM..
HotRice504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 07:55 AM   #103
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Since you're 02 take it to the dealer. You still have warranty.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 11:43 AM   #104

Tranny

I have been following these threads for a while because my tranny does some weird &@#? sometimes. When I slow down sometimes it does the quick downshift. When it first happed pulling into my driveway, it really snapped my neck!

I would like to keep my care for a while too and I am hoping not to have any serious problems. I have never drive the car that hard and almost never shift it manual. I also have performed all required tranny maintenance at 50k.

I don't want to get stuck with a 5k bill down the road. Honda should perform some maintenance and not just let the units fail if they know ther is a problem.

Can't these lawyers just document the defect and make Honda eat the repair if and when it appears?
johnspd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:11 PM   #105

Send a message via AIM to HotRice504
my car does not have a clean title, it was totaled for water damage to the ineterior
HotRice504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #106

Hi,

I have a 1999 Accord Coupe 6cyl auto with 47k miles. I recently purchased this car and the tranny is going. It jerks hard when i accelerate from a stop, but only if I gas it hard. Its fairly un-noticeable if I drive it real easy. However, I know it's on its way out. I e-mailed austin after reading through the posts here.

Is there any suggestion on how to remedy this problem? rebuilt tranny? used tranny with low mileage? I want to get this taken care of as soon as I can. It would be even better if honda would pay/help with the cost.

Most of these posts are from last year, is this issue/law suit still hot? or should I look into paying for it myself?

Thanks!

-Brian M.
Brian99Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #107

As far as I know, Austin has been out of commission personally for a while. He discussed it on www.acuraworld.com. I don't know if there is a lawsuit in place and your best bet would be to contact the attorneys listed in his posts.

I don't think your tranny is quite gone anyhow. Many Accord owners' cars jerk at a quick downshift while cruising. Sometimes Honda will work with you on negotiating a tranny but the replacements seem to break as well. Therefore I recommend, you wait until the car is not drivable before you consider a fix.
Old April 9th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom
As far as I know, Austin has been out of commission personally for a while. He discussed it on www.acuraworld.com. I don't know if there is a lawsuit in place and your best bet would be to contact the attorneys listed in his posts.

I don't think your tranny is quite gone anyhow. Many Accord owners' cars jerk at a quick downshift while cruising. Sometimes Honda will work with you on negotiating a tranny but the replacements seem to break as well. Therefore I recommend, you wait until the car is not drivable before you consider a fix.

ok, but when the time comes, i don't want to scurry to find one. I'd rather have it in a box in my garage so that when it does go i can get it done quickly. I'm just not sure what route to take..used/rebuilt? 3rd party ?
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #109

Well if you want a good faith it's basically at the time it breaks because they have to take your bad transmission core and change it with Honda for a rebuilt. No point in taking a used because how would you find one not broken except for a junkyard. Better be cheap. You can buy the Dr Evil tranny which is made to withstand 500whp. This would probably be your best bet in this case.
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #110

Send a message via AIM to Whitesides
Quote:
Originally posted by Doom on April 9th, 2004 at 12:08 PM

You can buy the Dr Evil tranny which is made to withstand 500whp. This would probably be your best bet in this case.
My rims are for sale! check em out
Whitesides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:57 PM   #111

and by Dr Evil you mean..

http://www.tobefast.com/detail.aspx?ID=580

I've never heard of them, better than a rebuilt?
Old April 9th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #112

Read this.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...915&forumid=68
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:39 AM   #113

Send a message via AIM to diablo
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian99Coupe
Hi,

I have a 1999 Accord Coupe 6cyl auto with 47k miles. I recently purchased this car and the tranny is going. It jerks hard when i accelerate from a stop, but only if I gas it hard. Its fairly un-noticeable if I drive it real easy. However, I know it's on its way out. I e-mailed austin after reading through the posts here.

Is there any suggestion on how to remedy this problem? rebuilt tranny? used tranny with low mileage? I want to get this taken care of as soon as I can. It would be even better if honda would pay/help with the cost.

Most of these posts are from last year, is this issue/law suit still hot? or should I look into paying for it myself?

Thanks!

-Brian M.

CHECK your motor mounts. Doesn't sound like a tranny problem.
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:27 PM   #114
Suhhhh

Send a message via AIM to Darkcrime
Just wanted to add... I have an 02 Accord v6 and my Trans died 3 times (on my 4th trans). One trans died 2 days after they put it in the car. I delt with Honda America about it... took a little bit, but at the end, it was fair. But they are lyin if they say the "Fix" is in the 02's. That's bs.
15.666 I/H/Pullies/Plugs

Old Car: gave the lease up early (Family issues)
2005 Honda Accord 4Cyl 4 Door LX (seeeeeeeeelow. had to buy a house)

OLD Motorcycle:
99 Honda CBR F4 600 - Yellow&Black

2nd Old Motorcycle:
2005 Suzuki 750 GSXR Yellow&Black

New used car:
98 Mustang gt convertable tripple black
Darkcrime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:34 PM   #115
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkcrime
But they are lyin if they say the "Fix" is in the 02's. That's bs.

yeah, that explains why the 02's have been failing just as fast if not FASTER than the 00-01's.

It also explains why they just RECALLED some 03-04 V6 model trannys also (Pilot and MDX I think, maybe Odyssey too)
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:44 PM   #116
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

I guess the tranny in the 7th gen AV6 is the only decent V6 tranny Honda has. The '03+ AV6 guys do not seem to have any problems with tranny failures.
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:51 PM   #117
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

there's been a few of them already, and it's still too soon to say for sure or not if they're going to hold up. ETC will definitely help since it takes load off of the clutch packs during power-on acceleration, but this "new" (or old) issue with gears overheating due to poor ATF flow is yet another problem area. I think it's the same crappy tranny with severe quality control issues as before but just with a "bandaid" ETC engine management tweak to minimize the risk. They're still struggling....
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:45 AM   #118
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally posted by SteVTEC on April 21st, 2004 at 11:51 PM

there's been a few of them already, and it's still too soon to say for sure or not if they're going to hold up. ETC will definitely help since it takes load off of the clutch packs during power-on acceleration, but this "new" (or old) issue with gears overheating due to poor ATF flow is yet another problem area. I think it's the same crappy tranny with severe quality control issues as before but just with a "bandaid" ETC engine management tweak to minimize the risk. They're still struggling....
I see, I wasn't aware that there were any problems with their tranny. I should've expected it though. After all, it's just a reworked version of the old CL/TL 5AT. I almost believed Honda when they said that tranny was all new, but when I saw the gear ratios and how they (and the final drive ratio) very closely matched the CL/TL box, I knew better. I guess I really can't blame them for trying to pass it off as a new design. They're just trying to shake off the poor reputation of their past V6 transmissions. Speaking of Honda's past V6 transmissions, I don't recall there ever being a big problem with the trannies in the G1 and G2 Acura Legend or the RL. I mean, they weren't the greatest transmissions ever made but they didn't fail nearly as often as the new ones. Oh well, I really wish Honda would get its act together with its automatics. Maybe they should give in and start sourcing their trannies from a reputable transmission company, like GM.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:30 AM   #119

Who what of thought we'd be praising GM for something on an import board.

I think Honda said it was "new" since the 6th gens came with 4 speeds.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:55 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally posted by TH23 on April 22nd, 2004 at 04:45 AM

Speaking of Honda's past V6 transmissions, I don't recall there ever being a big problem with the trannies in the G1 and G2 Acura Legend or the RL. I mean, they weren't the greatest transmissions ever made but they didn't fail nearly as often as the new ones. Oh well, I really wish Honda would get its act together with its automatics.
you forgot 5gen AV6 to list; I know its Legend G1 stuff in it.

BTW, did anybody noticed that high rate failures only happens with transmission mated to engine with VTEC?
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.