Serious Lawsuit against Honda of America being filed - Page 4 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2004, 02:43 AM   #91
charlie murphy!!!
 
dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 15
anyone tried to put a cl-s 6 speed in a 6th generation??
thats been my plan for some time, anyone got any knowledge
on that??
__________________
Faith is believing in something you don't believe in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 27th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 204
Send a message via AIM to imfillinit
Quote:
Originally posted by dragon
anyone tried to put a cl-s 6 speed in a 6th generation??
thats been my plan for some time, anyone got any knowledge
on that??
its been done by one person. eric did it. (jimmyrecluse). he has the 6 sp. and with comptech supercharger. do a search, but here's the link to his parts and info list. good luck if you do it!

My CL-s tranny swap parts list and info
imfillinit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2
WELL MY GIRL FRIENDS '00 AV6 TRANNY WENT OUT @ 88K AND SHE GOT IT FIXED WITH HONDA CARE. THEN @ 120K THE MAIN SEAL WAS LEAKING OIL THE SHOP DIDN'T REPLACE THE SEAL AFTER THEY REPLACED THE TRANNY SO WE HAD TO SPEND $740 TO FIX THAT PROBLEM "THE DEALER FEED US SOME B.S. THAT'S WHY WE HAD TO PAY. NOW TODAY @ 130K THE TRANNYS WENT OUT AGAIN? MAN THIS SUX AFTER I DROPPED THE CAR AND UPGRADED THE BRAKES. THE DEALER SAYS IT MIGHT BE COVERED UNDER PARTS WARRENTY, BUT WE HAVE TO GET A NEW TRANNY PUMP.
MAN NOW I GOTTA GO KICK SOME HONDA CORP. ASS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN....................... FELL ME
brainbug99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #94
Got navi?
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 474
Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Quote:
Originally posted by brainbug99
WELL MY GIRL FRIENDS '00 AV6 TRANNY WENT OUT @ 88K AND SHE GOT IT FIXED WITH HONDA CARE. THEN @ 120K THE MAIN SEAL WAS LEAKING OIL THE SHOP DIDN'T REPLACE THE SEAL AFTER THEY REPLACED THE TRANNY SO WE HAD TO SPEND $740 TO FIX THAT PROBLEM "THE DEALER FEED US SOME B.S. THAT'S WHY WE HAD TO PAY. NOW TODAY @ 130K THE TRANNYS WENT OUT AGAIN? MAN THIS SUX AFTER I DROPPED THE CAR AND UPGRADED THE BRAKES. THE DEALER SAYS IT MIGHT BE COVERED UNDER PARTS WARRENTY, BUT WE HAVE TO GET A NEW TRANNY PUMP.
MAN NOW I GOTTA GO KICK SOME HONDA CORP. ASS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN....................... FELL ME
Time to do the 6spd CL-S conversion
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:19 PM   #95
HOOK 'EM
 
blackdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,106
Send a message via AIM to blackdragon
hope 02's get covered
blackdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:23 PM   #96
Got navi?
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 474
Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Quote:
Originally posted by blackdragon
hope 02's get covered
Yeah true. I thought they were but I guess not my '01 was as I found out . Good luck though.

Or even better, hope that the 02's use a different tranny than '00/01
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #97
V Go SoCal Drivers V
 
bustedryde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: 949
Posts: 1,941
Send a message via AIM to bustedryde
Quote:
Originally posted by Fuggedaboutid on February 28th, 2004 at 05:23 PM

Or even better, hope that the 02's use a different tranny than '00/01
They don't. The so-called "fix" is supposed to be in the 02s.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bustedryde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #98
Got navi?
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 474
Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Quote:
Originally posted by bustedryde
They don't. The so-called "fix" is supposed to be in the 02s.
if there is a so-called fix, then my replacement and others' replacements on pre 02's should be ever-lasting. Which I sorta do hope and which implies that your 02's unit should be fine.

Last edited by Fuggedaboutid; February 29th, 2004 at 10:07 AM..
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:58 AM   #99
Registered User
 
airswipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 276
any updates?
airswipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2004, 10:17 PM   #100
Registered User
 
AznBoyIceyIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Walnut Creek
Posts: 258
Send a message via AIM to AznBoyIceyIce
I've only had one problem with my tranny and the Honda dealership fixed it... however, the car still shifts hard into second even though they supposedly "fixed" it... I think Honda should just recall all the trannys between 98-02 and just give us a new one, goddamnit... no questions asked.
AznBoyIceyIce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2004, 09:35 PM   #101
Got navi?
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 474
Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
a) I'm in Canada though I live in Buffalo for school.
b) I have a 2001 Accord V6 with a replacement Tranny
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2004, 10:15 PM   #102
Registered User
 
HotRice504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 8
Send a message via AIM to HotRice504
Angry '02 EX V6 Accord Coupe

yeah i got issues with my accord too. my trans just went out at 29k miles on it. it shifts really hard between 1-2-3.... dang what can i do about this??? Please send help. Is there anything the i can do other then a new trans...... would flushing out the trans help any??
__________________
"My path is the right path"

Last edited by HotRice504; April 7th, 2004 at 10:35 PM..
HotRice504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 07:55 AM   #103
Something Something Darkside
 
Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,498
Send a message via AIM to Doom
Since you're 02 take it to the dealer. You still have warranty.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 11:43 AM   #104
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: northport
Posts: 18
Tranny

I have been following these threads for a while because my tranny does some weird &@#? sometimes. When I slow down sometimes it does the quick downshift. When it first happed pulling into my driveway, it really snapped my neck!

I would like to keep my care for a while too and I am hoping not to have any serious problems. I have never drive the car that hard and almost never shift it manual. I also have performed all required tranny maintenance at 50k.

I don't want to get stuck with a 5k bill down the road. Honda should perform some maintenance and not just let the units fail if they know ther is a problem.

Can't these lawyers just document the defect and make Honda eat the repair if and when it appears?
johnspd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:11 PM   #105
Registered User
 
HotRice504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 8
Send a message via AIM to HotRice504
my car does not have a clean title, it was totaled for water damage to the ineterior
HotRice504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #106
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6
Hi,

I have a 1999 Accord Coupe 6cyl auto with 47k miles. I recently purchased this car and the tranny is going. It jerks hard when i accelerate from a stop, but only if I gas it hard. Its fairly un-noticeable if I drive it real easy. However, I know it's on its way out. I e-mailed austin after reading through the posts here.

Is there any suggestion on how to remedy this problem? rebuilt tranny? used tranny with low mileage? I want to get this taken care of as soon as I can. It would be even better if honda would pay/help with the cost.

Most of these posts are from last year, is this issue/law suit still hot? or should I look into paying for it myself?

Thanks!

-Brian M.
Brian99Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #107
Something Something Darkside
 
Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,498
Send a message via AIM to Doom
As far as I know, Austin has been out of commission personally for a while. He discussed it on www.acuraworld.com. I don't know if there is a lawsuit in place and your best bet would be to contact the attorneys listed in his posts.

I don't think your tranny is quite gone anyhow. Many Accord owners' cars jerk at a quick downshift while cruising. Sometimes Honda will work with you on negotiating a tranny but the replacements seem to break as well. Therefore I recommend, you wait until the car is not drivable before you consider a fix.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Doom
As far as I know, Austin has been out of commission personally for a while. He discussed it on www.acuraworld.com. I don't know if there is a lawsuit in place and your best bet would be to contact the attorneys listed in his posts.

I don't think your tranny is quite gone anyhow. Many Accord owners' cars jerk at a quick downshift while cruising. Sometimes Honda will work with you on negotiating a tranny but the replacements seem to break as well. Therefore I recommend, you wait until the car is not drivable before you consider a fix.

ok, but when the time comes, i don't want to scurry to find one. I'd rather have it in a box in my garage so that when it does go i can get it done quickly. I'm just not sure what route to take..used/rebuilt? 3rd party ?
Brian99Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #109
Something Something Darkside
 
Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,498
Send a message via AIM to Doom
Well if you want a good faith it's basically at the time it breaks because they have to take your bad transmission core and change it with Honda for a rebuilt. No point in taking a used because how would you find one not broken except for a junkyard. Better be cheap. You can buy the Dr Evil tranny which is made to withstand 500whp. This would probably be your best bet in this case.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #110
Registered User
 
Whitesides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 609
Send a message via AIM to Whitesides
Quote:
Originally posted by Doom on April 9th, 2004 at 12:08 PM

You can buy the Dr Evil tranny which is made to withstand 500whp. This would probably be your best bet in this case.
__________________
To view my mod list click
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To see pics of my car click
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My rims are for sale! check em out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whitesides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:57 PM   #111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6
and by Dr Evil you mean..

http://www.tobefast.com/detail.aspx?ID=580

I've never heard of them, better than a rebuilt?
Brian99Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #112
Something Something Darkside
 
Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,498
Send a message via AIM to Doom
Read this.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...915&forumid=68
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:39 AM   #113
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 43
Send a message via AIM to diablo
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian99Coupe
Hi,

I have a 1999 Accord Coupe 6cyl auto with 47k miles. I recently purchased this car and the tranny is going. It jerks hard when i accelerate from a stop, but only if I gas it hard. Its fairly un-noticeable if I drive it real easy. However, I know it's on its way out. I e-mailed austin after reading through the posts here.

Is there any suggestion on how to remedy this problem? rebuilt tranny? used tranny with low mileage? I want to get this taken care of as soon as I can. It would be even better if honda would pay/help with the cost.

Most of these posts are from last year, is this issue/law suit still hot? or should I look into paying for it myself?

Thanks!

-Brian M.

CHECK your motor mounts. Doesn't sound like a tranny problem.
__________________
98 Accord EXv6 Coupe
diablo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:27 PM   #114
Suhhhh
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: dearborn heights, Mi
Posts: 82
Send a message via AIM to Darkcrime
Just wanted to add... I have an 02 Accord v6 and my Trans died 3 times (on my 4th trans). One trans died 2 days after they put it in the car. I delt with Honda America about it... took a little bit, but at the end, it was fair. But they are lyin if they say the "Fix" is in the 02's. That's bs.
__________________
Old car Sold Dec 16th:
2002 Honda Accord V6 Coupe Silver EX
Ran:
15.666 I/H/Pullies/Plugs

Old Car: gave the lease up early (Family issues)
2005 Honda Accord 4Cyl 4 Door LX (seeeeeeeeelow. had to buy a house)

OLD Motorcycle:
99 Honda CBR F4 600 - Yellow&Black

2nd Old Motorcycle:
2005 Suzuki 750 GSXR Yellow&Black

New used car:
98 Mustang gt convertable tripple black
Darkcrime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:34 PM   #115
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
 
SteVTEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Commietown, MD
Posts: 5,055
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkcrime
But they are lyin if they say the "Fix" is in the 02's. That's bs.


yeah, that explains why the 02's have been failing just as fast if not FASTER than the 00-01's.

It also explains why they just RECALLED some 03-04 V6 model trannys also (Pilot and MDX I think, maybe Odyssey too)
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:44 PM   #116
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
 
TH23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,271
I guess the tranny in the 7th gen AV6 is the only decent V6 tranny Honda has. The '03+ AV6 guys do not seem to have any problems with tranny failures.
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:51 PM   #117
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
 
SteVTEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Commietown, MD
Posts: 5,055
there's been a few of them already, and it's still too soon to say for sure or not if they're going to hold up. ETC will definitely help since it takes load off of the clutch packs during power-on acceleration, but this "new" (or old) issue with gears overheating due to poor ATF flow is yet another problem area. I think it's the same crappy tranny with severe quality control issues as before but just with a "bandaid" ETC engine management tweak to minimize the risk. They're still struggling....
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:45 AM   #118
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
 
TH23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,271
Quote:
Originally posted by SteVTEC on April 21st, 2004 at 11:51 PM

there's been a few of them already, and it's still too soon to say for sure or not if they're going to hold up. ETC will definitely help since it takes load off of the clutch packs during power-on acceleration, but this "new" (or old) issue with gears overheating due to poor ATF flow is yet another problem area. I think it's the same crappy tranny with severe quality control issues as before but just with a "bandaid" ETC engine management tweak to minimize the risk. They're still struggling....
I see, I wasn't aware that there were any problems with their tranny. I should've expected it though. After all, it's just a reworked version of the old CL/TL 5AT. I almost believed Honda when they said that tranny was all new, but when I saw the gear ratios and how they (and the final drive ratio) very closely matched the CL/TL box, I knew better. I guess I really can't blame them for trying to pass it off as a new design. They're just trying to shake off the poor reputation of their past V6 transmissions. Speaking of Honda's past V6 transmissions, I don't recall there ever being a big problem with the trannies in the G1 and G2 Acura Legend or the RL. I mean, they weren't the greatest transmissions ever made but they didn't fail nearly as often as the new ones. Oh well, I really wish Honda would get its act together with its automatics. Maybe they should give in and start sourcing their trannies from a reputable transmission company, like GM.
__________________
...
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:30 AM   #119
Something Something Darkside
 
Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,498
Send a message via AIM to Doom
Who what of thought we'd be praising GM for something on an import board.

I think Honda said it was "new" since the 6th gens came with 4 speeds.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:55 AM   #120
Registered User
 
HONDA_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 3,244
Quote:
Originally posted by TH23 on April 22nd, 2004 at 04:45 AM

Speaking of Honda's past V6 transmissions, I don't recall there ever being a big problem with the trannies in the G1 and G2 Acura Legend or the RL. I mean, they weren't the greatest transmissions ever made but they didn't fail nearly as often as the new ones. Oh well, I really wish Honda would get its act together with its automatics.
you forgot 5gen AV6 to list; I know its Legend G1 stuff in it.


BTW, did anybody noticed that high rate failures only happens with transmission mated to engine with VTEC?
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On