Serious Lawsuit against Honda of America being filed - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2003, 11:37 PM   #1
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Serious Lawsuit against Honda of America being filed

A law firm will file a lawsuit against Honda of America for transmissions. If your's blew I suggest you read this.

http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/sho...threadid=24415

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2003, 11:42 PM   #2
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Well it looks like Honda couldn't fix the problem in time. Now they are being taken to court just like Toyota was for there "slug in the engine" problem.

This is going to guarantee an power train extension on all Honda/Acura vehicles (just like Toyota did). This is good for us as consumers .

Thanks for the link Doom878 .
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 10th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #3
Owner of a slow ass Accord

Send a message via AIM to Nikerey
what about us with 98-99s? its not like we got a failure free tranny.
Nikerey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 10th, 2003, 01:25 PM   #4

I would register and post at acuraworld and ask Austin519. Apparently he is collecting names of all failed tranny cars. I'd call the law firm and let them know that this is common for 98-99 cars as well.
Old August 17th, 2003, 03:48 PM   #5
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

Send a message via AIM to r.j-lo
maybe they will extend the warranties for the 98/99s as well. I dont have a story to report, but it would take some nervousness away.
r.j-lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2003, 04:43 PM   #6

how about 00-02?
Crestgel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2003, 07:18 PM   #7

What about them?
Old August 18th, 2003, 07:21 PM   #8
I love you Cat...forever

Send a message via AIM to KCMC582
00-02 are the ones that this is dealing with. they brought up the 98-99 cuz those are always left out of the tranny coverage and whatnot. 00-02 is exactly what that link is about.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2003, 07:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by KCMC582 on August 18th, 2003 at 06:21 PM

00-02 are the ones that this is dealing with. they brought up the 98-99 cuz those are always left out of the tranny coverage and whatnot. 00-02 is exactly what that link is about.
Quote:
Our law firm has filed a lawsuit against American Honda Motor Co., Inc. regarding defective automatic transmissions. The complaint alleges that these transmission failures are a safety hazard because they can cause the vehicles to downshift abruptly and without warning, at any speed, and cause sudden deceleration, loss of power, wheel lock, loss of control, and collisions. The vehicles involved, at this time, include 2000 through 2003 Acura 3.2 CL (including Type S); 2000 through 2003 Acura 3.2 TL (including Type S); and 2000 through 2001 Honda Accord, Odyssey, and Prelude. We request that anyone who has experienced these or other problems with an automatic transmission in any of these vehicles, including but not limited to property damage or personal injury, contact us with details of your experiences

It says "2000 through 2001 Honda Accord" not 2000-2002 accords

So the 2002 are excluded too, or am I missing something?
Old August 18th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #10
BOOOJAWA!

Send a message via AIM to AccordiO
this is terrible, i got a 2001 and i have 31k miles on it, no bad shifting...yet i hope my tranny lives til 125k then i'll be happy.

I drive it hard sometimes, make it look like a manual.....i just don't do the downshift, just gas it let go then gas it again.

Hope that doesn't kill it....at this point its too hard to tell, any1 think my driving habits are a bit harsh
AccordiO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2003, 02:07 AM   #11

The EXT Warranty only covers 01-02 Accords since the 02 have current warranty. Any 02's break yet? Honda thinks they're fine.
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:54 PM   #12
Suhhhh

Send a message via AIM to Darkcrime
Yeah, I have an 02. Let's see... My FIRST tranny died at around 18k... currently my car is in the shop for a possible second tranny. Right now they are taking a look at my car because the trans was slipping big time. They think it's either a part "related" to the trasmission or the transmission itself (or both). My mileage is around 25k. I e-mailed the guy on the other forum. I'm pretty much done with this car... If I didn't owe so much on it, I would sell it as soon as possible. I'm going to look into the lemon law for Michigan. I'm pretty sure it's 3 strikes your out, but I'm not sure the timeframe it's supposed to be in. Anyone know?
Darkcrime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkcrime on August 20th, 2003 at 09:54 PM

Yeah, I have an 02. Let's see... My FIRST tranny died at around 18k... currently my car is in the shop for a possible second tranny. Right now they are taking a look at my car because the trans was slipping big time. They think it's either a part "related" to the trasmission or the transmission itself (or both). My mileage is around 25k. I e-mailed the guy on the other forum. I'm pretty much done with this car... If I didn't owe so much on it, I would sell it as soon as possible. I'm going to look into the lemon law for Michigan. I'm pretty sure it's 3 strikes your out, but I'm not sure the timeframe it's supposed to be in. Anyone know?
Wow that would piss me off!!! You should brake the tranny purposely a few more times then invoke the Lemon law.
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:24 PM   #14
Suhhhh

I don't want to "force" the lemon law... however, I am hoping to have it done so I don't have to deal with this **** anymore. The sad thing is that I'm from Detroit, Michigan. Mostly Domestics. Just about all of my friends have domestics. They Ripped on me for my slow car (and the fact it's an import). The only thing I kept saying is that I have a car that'll last. Now I can't even say that....

Maybe I'm better off with a Domestic... I'll have better Intrest rates, plus just about any car I choose will be faster.
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:34 PM   #15
293 of 540

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic599 Send a message via Yahoo to Synthetic599
I must admit that Honda really screwed up with our transmissions! It has made me think differently towards Honda but I would still buy again but it would be a MT.

Why can't they just realize they screwed up and give us a tranny that won't break down! I know that takes time and money but if they want to keep customers it would be logical!
Synthetic599 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 20th, 2003, 11:41 PM   #16

It is all about the $$$$$$

They are willing to lose X number of customers because of the tranny problem because it would cost them millions to replace them. I have friends with Accords that donft even know about this problem nor do they care. When I tell them they just say oh yea.
Old August 21st, 2003, 02:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkcrime on August 21st, 2003 at 01:24 AM

I don't want to "force" the lemon law... however, I am hoping to have it done so I don't have to deal with this **** anymore. The sad thing is that I'm from Detroit, Michigan. Mostly Domestics. Just about all of my friends have domestics. They Ripped on me for my slow car (and the fact it's an import). The only thing I kept saying is that I have a car that'll last. Now I can't even say that....

Maybe I'm better off with a Domestic... I'll have better Intrest rates, plus just about any car I choose will be faster.
Stock for stock, are Grand Am's, Malibus, Tauruses, and Intrepids really faster than us??? I don't think so in a standing 1/4 mile contest. You can't compare us to Camaros, Vettes, STangs, etc because those are a different competition. And I've driven all of these except for the Intrepids. The handling is GARBAGE, the interior is cheap nasty plastic, the radio sucks, for the money its basically crap.
Old August 21st, 2003, 02:28 AM   #18

Send a message via ICQ to azn010 Send a message via AIM to azn010
hmm..maybe i should go drive my car around hard
azn010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2003, 03:01 AM   #19

Send a message via AIM to -AV6-
i have a 99 accord sedan, and my transmission was slippin around 40,000 miles. my reverse would go really slow and sometimes it didnt work. i though it was from neutral dropping and shifting to 1st gear but the problem was that the transmision was a piece of crap. i started to take good care of my car and got my transmission oil flushed at 50000 miles and it was still slipping. At 80000 it finally died and i took it to honda and they repalced it for free becasue i have the "Honda Care" warranty. My transmission is okay now but sometimes there is loud BANG sound when i shift the gears. if you have honda care warranty, then they should fix it for free cuz i got mine done.
-AV6- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2003, 06:41 AM   #20
Suhhhh

Stock Grand AM GT's will beat my stock Accord. Not sure about the Malibu's (but their ugly anyway)... Gotta go to work in my Toyota Corolla (Rental)
Old August 21st, 2003, 07:06 AM   #21
Banned

Send a message via AIM to snikwad
how will this work with my 00 im the 3rd owner? it hasnt failed yet, but im not trying to be left out if it does.
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2003, 12:17 PM   #22
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
hey i have contacted that lawfirm about helping us 98-99s get in, he said we are in, and me and him are going to chat on the phone later about this, so please let me know if you have a 98-99 w/problems or you think there is going to be
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2003, 01:13 PM   #23

Well if you want more weight, I'd link this everywhere.
Old August 21st, 2003, 01:33 PM   #24
I love you Cat...forever

Send a message via AIM to KCMC582
nice work on that midnight. my trans is fine, thank God, but i know there are a few 98-99 guys out there with the issues. props to you for giving them a call and speaking up for the 98-99s.

i wonder every now and then if my trans was replaced prior to me getting the car as the second owner. but even with 101k, it shifts clean, the engine is like new, and everyone is happy, so i dunno, but good luck with all this guys.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2003, 01:39 PM   #25

i think im having trouble with mine..when i shift in to gear it has this weird sound to it..my dad has a 02 accord and it doesnt make any sounds at all
sonnieeeeboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2003, 01:53 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to 23OCracing Send a message via Yahoo to 23OCracing
ok, i have a 2002 accord v6, got the tranny replaced at 6 k. The dealer said it was defective from the factory, i still dont like the new trany, it makes noises all the time and the dealer does nothing to fix it
23OCracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2003, 02:40 PM   #27
___

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightAccord on August 21st, 2003 at 11:17 AM

hey i have contacted that lawfirm about helping us 98-99s get in, he said we are in, and me and him are going to chat on the phone later about this, so please let me know if you have a 98-99 w/problems or you think there is going to be
I don't really have any problems yet, just a little lag sometimes when going WOT, but a warranty would make me feel much better
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2003, 02:51 PM   #28
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
k well will everybody do me a favor, email me with your info, and your vin if you can, i just talked to austin519 who is a consulant for the firm, and he wants me to collect everybody with 98-99's that i can, if you have any problems at all or you feel its going to go out, give me your address and phone #
email me @ snicka84@yahoo.com
Old August 24th, 2003, 04:46 PM   #29
Banned

cmon peeps, we need more 98-99's or anybody that honda wont cover
Old August 24th, 2003, 11:02 PM   #30
import tuner and rn

hey midnightaccord , i spoke to austin already so i am on that list, u guys got to particpate so we can get this thing moving
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.