Front Door Speakers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:02 PM   #1

Front Door Speakers

ok, a bit confused here.

I called Honda, they said the front door speakers on my 03 Accord EX are 6.5".

I see mixed results on google when I try to search.

Some say 6.5", some say 5.25".

So what's actually in here? 6.5" or 5.25"?

I'm wanting to run some polk audio 5.25", 6x9"s in the back, and 3.5" in the dash.

I don't want to drop in something that requires any modification, just want some drop in speakers.

Crutchfield doesn't actually tell me what comes factory, it just gives me suggestions from 5.25" - 6.50".

also anyone know the mounting depth of the stock speakers? My owner's manual conveniently doesn't provide me with all of this information.
WyattEarp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM   #2

I wanna say the stock speakers are 6.5, but i cant quite remember...
whatever speaker you get, they don't just drop in there. you will need a bracket to mount them.
the stock speakers have clips that snap into place on the door. you might be able to get away installing 5.25's w/o a bracket, but you will still be screwing the speakers into new holes in the metal. i personally used 6.5's + brackets, so somebody please correct me if i'm wrong....
it doesnt take that much work, just hold the speaker up and mark where you can drill pilot holes for the screws.
where the hell are you gonna mount 3.5's in the dash?
orange is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange View Post
I wanna say the stock speakers are 6.5, but i cant quite remember...
whatever speaker you get, they don't just drop in there. you will need a bracket to mount them.
the stock speakers have clips that snap into place on the door. you might be able to get away installing 5.25's w/o a bracket, but you will still be screwing the speakers into new holes in the metal. i personally used 6.5's + brackets, so somebody please correct me if i'm wrong....
it doesnt take that much work, just hold the speaker up and mark where you can drill pilot holes for the screws.
where the hell are you gonna mount 3.5's in the dash?
thanks. guess I'll find some 6.5's, just hope i get the right mounting depth.

the little 3.5"s go up in the corners if i'm not mistaken? there's little grilles in the corner of the dash on both driver and side. bestbuy fitment guide says that 3.5" goes there for the little tweeters. couldn't be any other size, because I had speakers in my 93 mustang gt in the dash, and they were 3.5" too, these grilles are similar in size, so I'm pretty sure, but not 100%, if someone else would weigh in?

Old September 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM   #4
M!h@3L \_(ツ)_/

I currently have 5.25 Polk DB525 installed in my front doors. Installed them with American International HSB-518 Speaker Adapter (search on Amazon) and Metra 72-7800 Honda Speaker Harness. No drilling or wiring splicing. Plug-n-Play.

No sure about the 3.5" speaker in the dash. I thought it was just a tweeter?
HEcreated487 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 1st, 2011, 10:08 PM   #5

ok after hours of googling, finally found out they are just a tweeter and not 3.5" . so that's pretty easy. be nice if the damn manufacturers would start giving the sizes of these speakers and their mounting depths in the manuals. they gotta make everything difficult.

dash tweeters - Drive Accord Honda Forums
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #6
Mr. Detail

I've got a pair of 6.5" Alpines I pulled out of a previous car. Actually was able to mount them in that one ('02 Maxima) in the factory location but I did have to do some trimming. Hopefully I can do the same with the front speakers in my '04 Accord. I've got the factory nav so I really don't want to yank all that out for a new HU but the speakers definitely could use an upgrade.

2004 Infiniti G35 6MT. Also super shiny.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #7

Ended up getting polk audio 6.5" fronts, polk audio 6x9 for the rear and polk audio 1" tweeters for the front dash.
Old September 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #8
Mr. Detail

How's the sound?
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #9
Mr. Detail

How do you remove the door panels? It was a two minute job with my Maxima but the Accord has much nicer door panels so I want to make sure I do it right.
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:23 AM   #10

Idk yet. Car has been in the shop since monday getting new piston rings, water pump, timing chain, spark plugs, thermostat, hd gskt, oil pan gasket, valve stem seals, valve cover gasket and serpentine belt.

Should get it back later today. If my buddy has time to do it, then he will be installing the new speakers today, if not probably wednesday.
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
How do you remove the door panels? It was a two minute job with my Maxima but the Accord has much nicer door panels so I want to make sure I do it right.
Door panels are a 2-5 minute job. Look here.

Be very careful removing the cable from the clip behind the door pull. It breaks very easy if you twist the panel or drop it like I did.
f1snob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #12

Yeah, don't break the green door latch cable! Have a box or bucket underneath the door panel to rest it on. It literally will take you 2 min to remove the panel.
orange is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 24th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #13
Mr. Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1snob View Post
Door panels are a 2-5 minute job. Look here.

Be very careful removing the cable from the clip behind the door pull. It breaks very easy if you twist the panel or drop it like I did.
Thanks! I appreciate the link.

2004 Infiniti G35 6MT. Also super shiny.
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #14
Czechopino

Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Mind the wires for the door light too

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
How's the sound?
Now that the speakers are all installed and i got my satellite radio working again (the module froze up and had to unplug it and replug it in) and i got my ipod cable fixed (pinched wire and bad connection on one of the rca's) it sounds AWESOME! God i forgot how good it was to have some good sounding tunes in the car.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:25 PM   #16

Door Panel

On my accord, there is a plastic or leather finish on the bottom of the door handle (I assume covering the cover plate and door panel attaching screws).

I couldn't find any info on this situation in the manual or online.

Any suggestions? I was going to upgrade the front speakers but don't need a big headache.

thx
johnspd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.