Another BBK option - Page 2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM   #31
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

I have an idea that I am not will to discuss on this thread given recent events, just need some time and money to get the parts.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:50 PM   #32
Blue in NY

Could you possibly PM me any of the details? I am waiting for someone to make a BBK for the rear and am getting itchy to buy one. The one on fastbrakes I think is going to be too expensive and will only be 1 piston so I would like to know what else is on the market.
bluek24a4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:56 PM   #33
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluek24a4 View Post
Could you possibly PM me any of the details? I am waiting for someone to make a BBK for the rear and am getting itchy to buy one. The one on fastbrakes I think is going to be too expensive and will only be 1 piston so I would like to know what else is on the market.
our vehicles aren't like other vehicles such as subaru or evos and Z's and G35s. Our rear e-brake is developed into the caliper itself whereas the subaru, evo, and VQ"s are disk/drum setup for the rear. It's rare to find a 2piston+ rear caliper that has a cable brake implemented in it. A bracket can be made, and the rotor diameter can be upgraded and still utilize the stock caliper. Notice the TL-S and RL do still utilize a 1 piston rear caliper aswell.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM   #34

Nice work on the brackets, if I was keeping my TL I would definitely be investing in a pair.
death is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2009, 06:45 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Hey Paul how much do the calipers/rotors weigh?
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:35 PM   #36
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

The calipers are surprisingly light, I would say maybe 10lbs each, the rotors are a different story, probably a couple lbs heavier than stock.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:47 PM   #37
Hector Ochocinco

Send a message via AIM to HECz_
Whats the biggest rotor this calipers can handle on a 18" wheel?
HECz_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:03 AM   #38

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
The calipers are surprisingly light, I would say maybe 10lbs each, the rotors are a different story, probably a couple lbs heavier than stock.
Cool thanks for the quick answer
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:31 AM   #39
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECz_ View Post
Whats the biggest rotor this calipers can handle on a 18" wheel?
Depends alot on wheel design, offset, spoke design, but no reason a 13.2" rotor would not fit.
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #40
Hector Ochocinco

Send a message via AIM to HECz_
So how much are these brackets going for....
Do they even fit 6thgens?
HECz_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:35 PM   #41
Blue in NY

Im pretty sure the front brakes are interchangable between the 6th and 7th gen.
bluek24a4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #42
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
That's possible but but the caliper brackets might not be the same but not far off for the 6th gen and 7th gen if that. If I would of known I would of went this route but I still love my wilwoods.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2009, 08:05 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
the rotors are a different story, probably a couple lbs heavier than stock.
booo...increased rotational mass FTL LOL

i'm sure it doesn't matter though, one might be putting down some serious power to need a BBK like this!
rajin929 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #44
J35 6Spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajin929 View Post

i'm sure it doesn't matter though, one might be putting down some serious power to need a BBK like this!
increased rotational mass ya but worth it for the increased stopping power... plus i dont think the rotational mass added from the rotors would be as bad as lets say heavier wheels, since the mass in the rotors is still all closer to the axis of rotation
Kschwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2009, 09:47 AM   #45
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajin929 View Post

You always have the option of a 2-piece rotor for weight reduction and heat dissipation. As long as you are willing to pay the price for them. You gotta pay to play, and if you don't want to pay, don't try playing.
Old January 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #46
J35 6Spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
You always have the option of a 2-piece rotor for weight reduction and heat dissipation. As long as you are willing to pay the price for them. You gotta pay to play, and if you don't want to pay, don't try playing.
yup i looked into those when i first picked up these rotors.... a possible upgrade for the future.. at the moment can't beat 150 shipped on the rotoras that i got =)

for 2 piece rotors... once you get the hats can you interchange different rotors from different brands? or are you limited to matching the same brand rotor to hat forever?
Old January 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #47
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschwiggy View Post
yup i looked into those when i first picked up these rotors.... a possible upgrade for the future.. at the moment can't beat 150 shipped on the rotoras that i got =)

for 2 piece rotors... once you get the hats can you interchange different rotors from different brands? or are you limited to matching the same brand rotor to hat forever?
it's interchangeable depending on who cuts the rotor. Note 2 piece rotors are more expensive than 1 piece.
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM   #48

Quote:
As long as you are willing to pay the price for them. You gotta pay to play, and if you don't want to pay, don't try playing.
agreed

its nice to see a wide range of owners on this forum do different mods varying from high-end to low-end

I'm a granny driver and like my 16" steelies and snow tires for the winter as I don't want to have to run a 17" snow tire to clear a BBK LMAO
rajin929 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:05 AM   #49
J35 6Spd

Quote:
Note 2 piece rotors are more expensive than 1 piece.
that i definitely knew.. but didnt know if i could get hats and try different brand rotors over time. i've also seen a few sites that cut custom size rotors and the prices werent bad.. the biggest cost is getting the hats with the first set of rotors.

anyway we installed the bbk last night.. the brackets paul made were very solid.. the EBC pads dont have a bedding procedure, they have a special coating that automatically beds the pads but requires light braking for the first 100 miles, so i'm being patient with them for now to ensure proper bedding. but they already feel very solid. i'll get a few pics up when the rain and ice here in DC stops
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #50
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
that i definitely knew.. but didnt know if i could get hats and try different brand rotors over time. i've also seen a few sites that cut custom size rotors and the prices werent bad.. the biggest cost is getting the hats with the first set of rotors.

anyway we installed the bbk last night.. the brackets paul made were very solid.. the EBC pads dont have a bedding procedure, they have a special coating that automatically beds the pads but requires light braking for the first 100 miles, so i'm being patient with them for now to ensure proper bedding. but they already feel very solid. i'll get a few pics up when the rain and ice here in DC stops
that's awesome. Now Paul can't let any more secrets out cause we have lurkers that like to steal ideas on here and sell them. I remember there was a statement made against paul for not being detailed about his projects. This is the reason why, because vendors steal ideas and than whore our products.
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #51
J35 6Spd

yeah... whoever is lurking on here from FASTBRAKES.... eff yuu.

just bc of that.. paul and i wont be posting the next upgrades we are working on for the rear brakes and other things that started brewing last night until they are done... sorry v6p

Last edited by Kschwiggy; January 6th, 2009 at 11:59 AM..
Old January 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #52
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
Quote:
yeah... whoever is lurking on here from racing brake.... eff yuu.

just bc of that.. paul and i wont be posting the next upgrades we are working on for the rear brakes and other things that started brewing last night until they are done... sorry v6p
it really sucks when All you and Paul are trying to do is give us v6p peeps more options in regard to a bbk setup and someone comes along and steals the idea and tries to profit off of it. I figured someone would do it soon enough, but didn't think it would be them. I don't think you have to be too specific with all the details next time you come up with something Paul.
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #53
J35 6Spd

correction*********** eff yuu FASTBRAKES. not racing brake.

racing brake is good stuff.. but i guess fast brakes are hacks. for the price their offering... they must be getting the calipers from a junkyard.. and NOT rebuilt with new seals (the rebuild kit costs 100 for the calipers).. rotors must be cheap or honda OEM rotors (not very good).. and who knows the quality of the stainless braided lines in the package.

the calipers should be rebuilt especially buying them from a yard or off ebay.

so.. the quality of their package has to be junk considering unrebuilt calipers and unknown rotors and SS brake lines... just look at that package compared to any other package.. at least 400 more for anything else =P
Old January 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #54

This sucks, I was looking forward for the other mods Paul had in mind.
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #55

Yea Paul got hit 2 times already...so wish we had the money so we could get this **** patented.
JCharged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #56
President & GC of V6P.Net

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Quote:

P.S keep your for sale stuff out of people's discussion threads as that's one of the rules on the forum. Unless someone asked you specifically, it would be way cool.
FYI:
Authorized vendors who have paid their fees do not have any restrictions on the site regarding the sale of any of their products.
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #57
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
FYI:
Authorized vendors who have paid their fees do not have any restrictions on the site regarding the sale of any of their products.
so you're saying that if I'm a vendor, I can go into any discussion threads and throw my adds out?
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #58
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Quote:
so you're saying that if I'm a vendor, I can go into any discussion threads and throw my adds out?
Sounds more like as long as Dizzy gets his money you can do whatever you want IMO.

I retract and appologize for this comment was made while angry, I know Dizzy does work hard to keep the site running and formorly being in the IT industry I know it is alot of work to maintain a site like this.

Last edited by NVA-AV6; January 7th, 2009 at 04:07 AM..
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #59
Carpe Diem

I foresee some turbulent times ahead for this forum at this rate
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #60
President & GC of V6P.Net

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
I'd hold off on blaming anyone for stealing your designs. It's a well known fact that a LOT of manufacturers come to our site got look at what might be sold. There are lots of vendors on here paid AND unpaid that do a lot of fishing.

That being said, anyone with half an inkling of how to make these parts can easily look at your pictures and duplicate them. That's why most companies PATENT their designs as well as Copyright them. I've done both for my clients so I have somewhat of a clue of how the process goes. Heck, V6P have had their designs stolen multiple times as well. of course it does certain companies no good since the 6th gen sales have dried up and 7th gens are following close behind.

If you are concerned that your designs are being stolen by P2K and/or Fastbrake, then don't post those pictures. You admitted to not posting anymore pics precisely for those reasons. Good choice IMHO. Just don't go assuming that someone on here who sells a lot of products is passing word onto these companies about your designs. That's a bit naive considering Eibach, Comptech, Unichip, Racing Brakes, Tire rack and many other manufacturers frequent this site. It's more likely than not that someone from P2K or Fastbrake has been here fishing for your designs. A simple Google word search on this forum can quickly find your pictures..its that easy.

And yes, paid vendors get more leeway. They paid for it didn't they? I haven't been all strict about the length of groupbuys either, so don't be going off and saying stuff about me collecting money. All the money we get pays off V6P's server fees, taxes, etc... You think its easy keeping this site going? If it weren't for Maurice and I shelling out money left and right for the past 5 years, the thankless job of our moderators keeping things civil and keeping out the riffraff, plus the non-stop work of Brad who keeps the site going in between his REAL JOB, this site would have died long ago. Google fees aren't enough to keep us afloat. V6P depends a lot on vendor fees to keep us going from month to month. If you don't like it, then goto another site then. You'll find the same deal over on Acurazine's sites as well. We've always run this way, so I don't see what's the big deal.

In fact, now that I'm sufficiently PO'ed about the whole thing, I'm ordering an audit of all our vendors and groupbuys. A lot of folks have been getting free rides for awhile simply because my family life and running a law firm has been keeping me busy and its gonna stop right now. It's not fair to our paying vendors and advertisers and its not fair to our members who have supported this site as well.
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.