Accord325 Dyno Progress and Build - Page 3 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree316Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2013, 03:40 AM   #61
TrakCord

fml u broke the knock sensor... um yea dont run your car without that. seriously how can u do that n expect to get accurate feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2013, 05:47 AM   #62

Lolz. (drinking a cup of coffee looking at broken sensor) Nahhhh, don't need that sensor, it was optional from the factory.
Ilovemyvtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2013, 08:27 AM   #63

I had all intentions to change the sensor but no means of getting to a parts store and had to get to a business meeting.
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM   #64

I actually did the same thing when I changed mine. I was just lucky to have a spare motor with a good one right next to me so I could swap it out.

I just dont understand as to why when the car wasnt running right you wouldnt think of fixing that sensor right away. Than if the problem still exists go from there (which I am pretty sure it will be because it is the same problem me and quickkick127 have been going on and on about in the other thread). Sensors are there for a reason.
bozos_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:34 AM   #65

It's fixed. Just got done switching it out. Ill update later. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:30 PM   #66

Okay, please pardon my ignorance in post #55. I have replaced the knock sensor and all seems okay, no CEL after 75mile.

My ECU seems to be learning at a decent speed. It still gets the idle surge when putting it in neutral from 1st-4th gear. It has seemed to learned Not to do it when coming out of 5-6th gear.

Performance- throttle response is beautiful, absolutely amazing. It's 65 degree out and the car loves cooler weather but Torque seems even better then having the full size MDX spacer on the car. Even only after 75 miles driven after resetting the ECU the car runs through the RPM's so well. Just runs right through them.

I'm excited to see how the car operates after 300+miles !! Flash Pro will set this thing off
Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:20 PM   #67

Good, I'm glad things seem to have worked out for you. Let us know if you get that same random air intake leak code I get. Maybe I really still do have another leak somewhere. Just found it weird that it would only randomly throw a code. If there is a leak I'd think it would be there at all times therefore always have CEL..So i just figured it was the ecu doing it.
quickkick127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:53 PM   #68
TrakCord

sounds better. U guys need some performance stats instead of butt dynos .
Cubanob247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2013, 05:50 AM   #69

Try this for me. Go up to 60 MPH in 3rd gear. Push the clutch in and take it out of gear and just coast. Tell me what your RPM's do when you do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord325 View Post
Okay, please pardon my ignorance in post #55. I have replaced the knock sensor and all seems okay, no CEL after 75mile.

My ECU seems to be learning at a decent speed. It still gets the idle surge when putting it in neutral from 1st-4th gear. It has seemed to learned Not to do it when coming out of 5-6th gear.

Performance- throttle response is beautiful, absolutely amazing. It's 65 degree out and the car loves cooler weather but Torque seems even better then having the full size MDX spacer on the car. Even only after 75 miles driven after resetting the ECU the car runs through the RPM's so well. Just runs right through them.

I'm excited to see how the car operates after 300+miles !! Flash Pro will set this thing off
Old November 3rd, 2013, 11:09 AM   #70

^ Surge like a mofo. It's getting a little better but it will still drop to about 2k then spike as high as 3.5k and drop back to 2k, over and over until I get below 30ish or stop. I found if you let the car slow down while in gear to about 25-30mph and then throw it in neutral all is fine and no surge occurs.

Let me get some more miles on this thing and I'll update further and get my Dyno. I'll also keep an eye out for the vacuum leak code.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 11:17 AM   #71

That is the whole problem that i can't get to go away. Mine doesn't have any CEL but the problems are all the same. Personally i like to have my car run like stock. That's why this bugs the crap out of me.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:38 PM   #72

Again, I think this is just a problem with the ecu being unable to properly compensate. In reality, when is this actually a problem? Why are you putting the car in neutral at those speed? Shift gears as normal and you'll never know there is a problem.
accord325 likes this.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:54 PM   #73

^ I agree with both of u. I would prefer my car to run as close to stock as possible but on the flip side we are not anywhere near stock anymore, DTB is not stock.. We signed up for this and I don't regret it. Just with the day an half ive been driving with this part I have been able to slightly adjust my driving habits (not throwin in neutral at high speeds) and as quickkick said, I don't even realize there's an issue most of the time. The car still feels as its adjusting but I don't think it will go away fully till I get a tune. I'm fine with that.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM   #74

Lo so i guess that is your watt of fixing problems? Acting like they aren't there? I'm just saying that there is obviously a problem. That's all.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:47 PM   #75

Its not a problem...its a side effect of that drastic of a change. It only becomes a problem when you're looking for one. When you asked me about it awhile ago I had no idea if mine did that. I had to go for a drive and try it to notice that it was still doing that. Obviously it had not affected my daily driving in months.

If you're going to do a modification as extreme as this, you have to expect some side effects. The ecu was never designed to handle two throttle bodies. I'm surprised it handles it as well as it does.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:48 PM   #76

I agree. I have to drive in stop and go traffic and with this its a problem. Especially down shifting cause than you get the surge making it project you forward which again is a problem driving I'm bumper top bumper traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickkick127 View Post
Its not a problem...its a side effect of that drastic of a change. It only becomes a problem when you're looking for one. When you asked me about it awhile ago I had no idea if mine did that. I had to go for a drive and try it to notice that it was still doing that. Obviously it had not affected my daily driving in months.

If you're going to do a modification as extreme as this, you have to expect some side effects. The ecu was never designed to handle two throttle bodies. I'm surprised it handles it as well as it does.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 08:40 PM   #77

^ I don't get a surge when down shifting, only when putting it in neutral from higher rpm (2k and up).. Don't know what to tell you there. It sounds like you have more going on here.

Lets please stop with the back and forth. not being a azz but we all agree that the ECU isn't operating as originally intended, and we also agree that our ECU's were not intended to run DTB's but is defiently drivable
Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:19 PM   #78

I am also glad that you like this product. Im also not trying to go around and around with you. Just pointing out the flaws. Also I believe the same effects I get you will get too. Just that I do all different kinds of driving. I have city driving, highway driving and stop and go traffic on a daily basis. In this traffic I can go from 0 to 50 mph back to 0 within an instant. I know what to do and what not to do to get the car to react and do certain things. I just hope that Flash Pro will fix all the effects of the DTBs and for once the car will go back to running like it Should as if it was made like this from the honda.
Old November 4th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #79

You'll probably notice the surge when downshifting that bozos was talking about. I generally find it when I just shift into second but don't give it gas, the car will accelerate on its own for roughly two seconds and then begin acting like I'm not giving it gas anymore...cause I never was. That can be a real pain, especially in traffic situations like bozos said. I know paul tried FP and said it smoothed out a lot of drivability issues but if it was on his car, its an automatic which wouldn't show these same problems we are having. Does anyone else with the DTB have FP on the way and a manual?
Old November 6th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #80

I've seen a lot of people complain about the P2R IM thermal gasket so I though I would share what condition mine was in after 16k miles. Looks fine to me.

Old November 6th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #81

^ some of your holes are oval/ egg shape
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #82

^ I think that's the angle and lighting the picture was taken in. I made sure to inspect it thoroughly and the holes are perfectly round, or as close as you can get to it.
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #83
wht_on_blk

Line it up with manifold or runners then take a pic
blk_on_blk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #84

Umm no.. Sorry it's on the car. I had to pull the IM and runners twice (broke knock sensor) and I'm not doing it again just to take a picture. It was lined up with my MDX spacer ( which is goin on my F/S thread soon) when I was checking it.
Atlas.46 and blk_on_blk like this.
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #85
wht_on_blk

LOL I wouldn't either, although it would give a better comparison
blk_on_blk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #86

^ I agree. Speaking of IM gaskets, OEM is a 3 ply metal but are you suppose to be able separate or see each layer? It's not broken, you can just see the layers. My apologizes if its a dumb question , never seen a new one of them.
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #87
Sleeper

Quote:
^ I agree. Speaking of IM gaskets, OEM is a 3 ply metal but are you suppose to be able separate or see each layer? It's not broken, you can just see the layers. My apologizes if its a dumb question , never seen a new one of them.
Mine is that way.
accord325 likes this.

1/8th mile 9.06 @ 82.31
8's here I come.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NvrDwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #88

Sure you guys will like this, I'm broke down on the side of the road and have to pay for a tow, which I dont have money for.

CEL came on randomly, car running fine but I have no throttle at all !!! Started sputtering when giving it gas, now I hit the throttle and nothing.

Does anyone have Paul's # they could PM me. I have it at home but obviously I'm not there

Last edited by accord325; November 8th, 2013 at 04:06 PM..
Old November 8th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #89

Sent

Quote:
Sure you guys will like this, I'm broke down on the side of the road and have to pay for a tow, which I do have money for.

CEL came on randomly, car running fine but I have no throttle at all !!! Started sputtering when giving it gas, now I hit the throttle and nothing.

Does anyone have Paul's # they could PM me. I have it at home but obviously I'm not there
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #90

Thanks guys.

I got a hold of Paul and trouble shooted the problem. It ended up being what I thought it was, the master TB. I check the plug to it and it was good, unhooked and rehooked it up but it was the same. Long story short, Paul must be the Accord whisper because I did identical things with him on the phone and throttle came back. CEL was still on but ran fine. Stopped by Depot to get a dremel, start the car and CEL is off and car is running fine still.

Have a spare TB and will follow Pauls replacement procedure and he is also sending me a spare. Thank you for the help Paul.
Atlas.46 and CBUS-AV6MT like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.