Accord325 Dyno Progress and Build - Page 4 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree311Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #91

Okay, in an effort to be a productive member and give back to a community that has given so much to me, I have decide to do a quick write up of how to modify your stock TB into being the Master TB for DTB IM. I will not cover the installation being it is pretty simple and you are basically swapping TB's.

Tool - Dremel and a cutting bit

Step 1 - There is a Brass cap that is on the front side(when mounted to the car) of the stock throttle body. You will need to drill out a little hole in the center just enough to break through. Take your time, it's not that thick, maybe 3mm. You dont not want to break through and damage the internals. From there you will be able to see the mounting point for the connector rod/shafts that make the 2 TB work in conjunction, it looks like the end of a screw where a flat head screw drive would go into

Step 2 - When I say 3mm Cap, it's all one piece but 3mm is like a lip. Best way to describe it is that it's like the top of plastic water bottle caps , turn it on its side and that's how you are looking at the brass cap. Sill imagining the bottle cap on it's side, the thicker part would be the side walls where threads would be around, but the sides are thicker then the top. Hope that wasn't confusing.
Carefully continue to remove the 3mm brass cap material, while working your way out. The 3mm cap will eventually run out and expose a thicker outside layer of the brass cap, that is where you would stop drilling and it will become flush.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...ps543ce35f.jpg

FINAL LOOK WHEN FLUSH

Step 3 - Mount the bad boy. This is done by removing the two TB's, pulling them apart and inserting the connecting shaft (attached to the slave TB) into the flat head screwdriver style slot on the master TB, and then mount them both.

accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #92

Full list of mods updated in OP. Been modding for about 1 1/2 years. That list grew pretty fast.

Anyone remember what stock feels like ? LOL

Last edited by accord325; November 9th, 2013 at 10:24 PM..
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord325 View Post
Full list of mods updated in OP. Been modding for about 1 1/2 years. That list grew pretty fast.

Certainly no different from those disappointing graphs you posted on the front page. LMAO!!!!

Broke B16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #94
Sleeper

Quote:

Nope. And I hope I never do. I want to run this engine and transfer into the ground. Then get a j32 and to transfer to replace it with.

1/8th mile 9.06 @ 82.31
8's here I come.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NvrDwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #95

^ once the car is payed off (couple months) I want to get a MDX short block and start building/acquiring parts (heads,cams, LSD trans, etc). I'm going to run this J30 into the ground but don't expect that to be for a while. Knock on wood, but 127k mile and she doesn't burn or leak a lick of oil or fluids!
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #96

Full Saturday coming up. Should be hitting the Dyno in the Morning and Track at night ! woot woot
Old November 13th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #97

99 Accord Coupe 3.5L Supercharged 6spd M/T

Is this car on here? Due to location I would say Sonnick may know him. Pretty nice car.
Old November 13th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #98

Damn..with all that crap put in the car why would you ever sell it?

Quote:
99 Accord Coupe 3.5L Supercharged 6spd M/T

Is this car on here? Due to location I would say Sonnick may know him. Pretty nice car.
bozos_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #99
I <3 My J30A4

Thats Mikey's car!!!!!!!!! Wtf, I cant believe he is selling it. That car is a beast!
qnzthg89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #100

I thought he already sold it. He was picking up a '13 WRX last time I spoke to him.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #101

I have 680mile on the DTB IM and need to pull the battery (turn signal went out), is it going to reset all of that driving? Don't want that being I have the Dyno and track on Sat.
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #102

why you need to pull the battery for turn signal bulb?
Old November 14th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #103

Can get to it, no room bettween the battery and intake.
Old November 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #104

If you remove the battery all is lost. Can you get to it from the inner fender wall? What I am saying is remove the inner fender liner plastic. You can also do what I have done before but not too safe. Take jumper cables and go from the battery terminals and to a battery on another car. unhook your battery and take it out and move the termimnals out of the way. This will keep your car hooked up to power while you remove your battery.
Old November 14th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #105

It was tight but I got it. I moved the battery as far as I could without unhooking it. I have aftermarket headlights and the placement is slightly different plus its rigged which is why I needed full access.
Old November 14th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #106

My old SRI wasn't moving on my F/S thread (didn't expect it to) so I decide to re-purpose it into a velocity stack. Tested it with a fan in front and it definitely works. When you take the Stock air box out there is a open screw hole, I used a bracket that came with the SRI to attach it to the cars frame. It is solid as hell. I'm not sure if I will put the fog light cover back on or not cuz it pulls more air without it. Not the most pretty thing in the world (off the car) but looks great installed and a lot cleaner with the cover on. Here's a look.

Old November 15th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #107
TrakCord

cool beans
Cubanob247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #108

Good luck tomorrow man!
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #109

^ Appreciate it. Not trying to get my hopes up to high. I'll be going to an indoor dyno (Still a Dynojet) this time and the temp will be much lower (70ish compared to 98 last time. It does call for rain tomorrow so not sure how the track will go. I'll still make the 45min trip, I just love driving this car, LOL!

Any guesses of what I put down ? List of new and old parts since last dyno, below.

Engine Mods when last Dyoned
- Stock Dia. Light weight Pulley
- Cheap Autozone 3" Sri w/Spectre Cone
- Full size (1.6") IM spacer w/thermal gasket
- TB spacer w/dual thermal gaskets
- xlr8 J-Pipe

Current Set-up to Dyno Tomorrow
- Stock Dia. Light weight Pulley
- Dual 3" Intake to Single 5" with K&N Filter
- DTB IM
- Ported Runners
- Velocity Stack
- xlr8 J-Pipe
- 2.5" Cat Back
Old November 15th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #110
I <3 My J30A4

250 & 210
qnzthg89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #111
Sleeper

273 - 222

You need PCDS and 3" exhaust
Old November 15th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #112

I don't know if 3" is ideal for a bolt on j30. I feel like I lost low end with the pcds and 3" exhaust. Maybe its just that my motor is a bit weak compared to others. I'm only keeping it cause I imagine the j36 and sc would actually perform better with the larger exhaust.
Atlas.46 likes this.
quickkick127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #113
Sleeper

Insider tip, a lot of time people think they lost low end power when in reality they didn't lose any maybe gained a little when also gained a ton of top end power. That big gain in top end makes it feel like you lost low-end power. Btw 3'' is best, trust.
Old November 15th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #114

A 3" exhaust would probably be the last thing I do. I'm very happy with my 2.5" and just got it. Parts before that are T-Belt, MDX heads, MDX Cams, TLS injectors (or near), 8th Gen PCD's, FP, then I can play with the exhaust. Cubano dropped a lot of money into testing exhuast set up for us and currently don't think the gains are worth it at this time.

$hit, I may just get Paul's J36.
Old November 15th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #115
Sleeper

Quote:
A 3" exhaust would probably be the last thing I do. I'm very happy with my 2.5" and just got it. Parts before that are T-Belt, MDX heads, MDX Cams, TLS injectors (or near), 8th Gen PCD's, FP, then I can play with the exhaust. Cubano dropped a lot of money into testing exhuast set up for us and currently don't think the gains are worth it at this time.

$hit, I may just get Paul's J36.
8th gen pcds? Explain!

1/8th mile 9.06 @ 82.31
8's here I come.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #116

I got my car dyno yesterday and I also was disappointed! I noticed you and I both had it dynoed on the DynoJet Winpep7? Maybe its the dyno reading low... I made 212 whp and 182 wtq with a custom SRI and magnaflow exhaust 2.5 to 2.25 on 91 octane and the guy was a **** and wouldn't run a fan even after I requested it... I think it would be that specific dyno
T1Invince is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #117

^ no fan no pay (unless its like 20 outside) Customer always right.
T1Invince likes this.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #118

Lol you're right, I should've said that. Definitely not going to the same place again.

OP, since I noticed we both had low numbers on the same dyno, I believe we're both victims of low readings. I raced my buddy's 05 G35 6MT and pulled 2 cars on him so I don't think 212 is right
T1Invince is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #119
Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1Invince View Post
Lol you're right, I should've said that. Definitely not going to the same place again.

OP, since I noticed we both had low numbers on the same dyno, I believe we're both victims of low readings. I raced my buddy's 05 G35 6MT and pulled 2 cars on him so I don't think 212 is right
Your probably at 225whp-ish

1/8th mile 9.06 @ 82.31
8's here I come.
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #120

DYNO IS IN.

Conditions - Cant catch a break with the weather. Better then last time. Temp favored me more this time but the humidity was god awful. The print out he gave me felt like it was soaked... so humid. Guy was cool and said come back with better weather, call anytime, so I will do that.

Here is the Comparison

BASE/OLD

NEW

*Just realized he did the print out in Speed not RPM. You guys should get it though*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.