Accord325 Dyno Progress and Build - Page 5 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree316Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #121
Sleeper

Got to be a low reading dyno. I was optimistic but also thought you should be at 255-260 lowest.

Go to the track, your trap will tell the true story.
NvrDwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #122

^ Agree, Conditions play a huge factor in Dynos which is why I have learned to take them with a grain of salt. Still, 29hp and 16tq is a good chunk to gain.
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #123

Did you upgrade from the XLR8 V1 to the V2 jpipe between the two dynos?
T1Invince is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 16th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #124

@T1Invince you At or MT?
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #125

Are you guys serious? F*ck the numbers, 30hp gain is awesome!! Congrats man. Do you have an overlay of last dyno to this one? SAE takes care of the weather, doesn't matter that last time was 100.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #126

So is the only change basically the DTB between the dynos?
bozos_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #127
Sleeper

And PnP intake runners.
Old November 16th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #128
The Jester

$1300 30whp, $44 per hp. Not bad. Especially since it opens up other options with injectors, hondata, water inject and some higher cr. Larger valves or valve job and port would help tons.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #129

The lack of drop off on the top end is impressive.

EDIT: Bah saw you had a full size IM spacer in the last dyno but not the current one. This isn't as apples to apples as I was hoping.

Last edited by CBUS-AV6MT; November 16th, 2013 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: better wording
CBUS-AV6MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #130

Decent weather, at the track.

I was hoping to do a straight comparison dyno also but the DTB set up took longer then expected and other parts came in. I do have a v2 J-Pipe.

Mods taken off from last dyno are
- 1.6" IM spacer
- TB spacer
- 3" Sri

Mods added
- DTB IM
- dual 3" intake to 5"
- ported runners
- 2.5 catback

I think you can decipher it from there. What does a 2.5 catback and runners provide, subtract from there and there is the DTB gains...approximately.
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #131

There is also no point of leaving the IM spacer on. I wasn't a fan of the drop off up top, frikin loved the torque down low though !!
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #132

I agree with taking it off. Love the numbers and contribution.

From the graphs, it looks like you make peak power at about the same RPM as before. The difference being it is much higher and doesn't go away.

CBUS-AV6MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #133
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBUS-AV6MT View Post
I agree with taking it off. Love the numbers and contribution.

From the graphs, it looks like you make peak power at about the same RPM as before. The difference being it is much higher and doesn't go away.

Will see if I can't contradict that loss of power by doing a full 45mm port through runners, head, and spacer. Need to shorten it up a bit though. Would need a DTB and larger injectors with a 46mm port to use the full size spacer. And a dtb
accord325 likes this.
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #134

I'm guessing you'd need to raise the hood even more if you wanted to use a spacer with the dtb. I had to take the hood liner off mine cause it barely rubbed the front left corner of the manifold(because it is extended so far forward now) and i didn't want it to ruin the finish. You'd have to use hood spacers larger than the intake spacer to compensate for the angle of the hood...
quickkick127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #135

@thisaznboi88 I'm a 6-6

So I'm assuming intake and exhaust doesn't do much alone
T1Invince is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:54 AM   #136
The Jester

Fine with me, stock or TL IM. Else if it is too distracting will put a good scoop over the intrusive part.
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #137

**** I hate my life, just kidding but once again let down. Don't laugh, best pass was 14.7 @ 91 (missed 4th and coasted through) Yep, u read that correctly. I couldn't hook up for the life of me, next thing I know there are 4 guys walking the staging lanes with towels full of oil. Okay, so I go to the other lane and still can't hook up. I was braking 2nd loose like it was 1st, I would then back it down on the next run and get worse times. I could also smell my clutch.

Sorry guys, wish I had better news. The kicker, all the power added, took my 19"s off, passenger seat and spare out, and I ran worse times. 2.3 was my best 60'.
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #138

Need more tires to bite. 235-255
Atlas.46 likes this.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #139
Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord325 View Post
**** I hate my life, just kidding but once again let down. Don't laugh, best pass was 14.7 @ 91 (missed 4th and coasted through) Yep, u read that correctly. I couldn't hook up for the life of me, next thing I know there are 4 guys walking the staging lanes with towels full of oil. Okay, so I go to the other lane and still can't hook up. I was braking 2nd loose like it was 1st, I would then back it down on the next run and get worse times. I could also smell my clutch.

Sorry guys, wish I had better news. The kicker, all the power added, took my 19"s off, passenger seat and spare out, and I ran worse times. 2.3 was my best 60'.
How did you launch your car? What was the 1/8th mile time and speed?

1/8th mile 9.06 @ 82.31
8's here I come.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 17th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #140

I have a spacer with my dtb setup and i didn't have to raise the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickkick127 View Post
I'm guessing you'd need to raise the hood even more if you wanted to use a spacer with the dtb. I had to take the hood liner off mine cause it barely rubbed the front left corner of the manifold(because it is extended so far forward now) and i didn't want it to ruin the finish. You'd have to use hood spacers larger than the intake spacer to compensate for the angle of the hood...
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #141
TrakCord

sweet gains, get those PCD's and 3" exhaust then well kno wutsup for real
Cubanob247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozos_si View Post
I have a spacer with my dtb setup and i didn't have to raise the hood.
The half inch or the full one? Maybe mine just comes out farther...it is a custom formed piece of metal. They all probably aren't the exact same size. I just know my hood liner was rubbing the manifold with no spacer. So any size spacer isn't an option for me.
quickkick127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #143

1/8th - 9.63 @ 77.7 mph. I launch at 3.5k rpm, and slip the clutch. i am also running 235's Federal run a size wide so they are really 245's. Really, I was spinning 2nd, not a little but through the whole gear. I had to feather the peddal through 1st and 2nd. Not trying to make excuses but it rained 4 hours before the races and the dropped oil didn't help much. 72 degrees , 52% humidity. No worries, I will go back with better weather.

Bozo, how do you have a spacer with the DTB IM ?
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #144
Sleeper

Quote:
1/8th - 9.63 @ 77.7 mph. I launch at 3.5k rpm, and slip the clutch. i am also running 235's Federal run a size wide so they are really 245's. Really, I was spinning 2nd, not a little but through the whole gear. I had to feather the peddal through 1st and 2nd. Not trying to make excuses but it rained 4 hours before the races and the dropped oil didn't help much. 72 degrees , 52% humidity. No worries, I will go back with better weather.

I ran between 9.2 and 9 flat at 79-82mph. My mods are listed. You should be that low yourself. Oh and never got better than a 2.27 60 foot. Had to of been the track.

1/8th mile 9.06 @ 82.31
8's here I come.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 17th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #145

I dont know. I just know it works. I have the outlaw engineering spacer too.

Quote:

Old November 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #146
TrakCord

Quote:

oh man i just realized your in tampa nice. . What i try to do is just get it off the line without bogging. But yea it sounds like you had Zero traction. Believe it or not a stiff rear sway bar will help alot to keep the front end planted. Also make sure if you go through the waterbox you must clean up the tires before you get to the starting line.
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #147

Yeah, in Tampa. I have the TLS 20mm sway bar but am on OEM rear shocks with Tein spring. I'm getting Koni yellow adjustables and maxing the stiffness out. I've never had these Federals break loose so bad, the only time is when it's wet. The track didn't look bad but the tires say other wise.
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #148

It's really amazing how much our cars like cooler weather. When it was 66 at night with low humidity the car felt like a rocket. Now it's 82 and feels like I lost 20hp.
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #149
I <3 My J30A4

Any speedo vids? lol
qnzthg89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #150
TrakCord

Quote:
It's really amazing how much our cars like cooler weather. When it was 66 at night with low humidity the car felt like a rocket. Now it's 82 and feels like I lost 20hp.
thats cuz u prolly did....Heat soak Aluminum manifold FTMFL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.