3.7 Manifold/TB Parts list!! - Page 5 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2016, 08:56 PM   #121
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec_av6 View Post
Been looking into buying a set of runners and port matching them to get the full gains from my j37 mani. When i installed the manifold, I bought a j37 intake manifold gasket, for a zdx i believe. However I do remember comparing that gasket to the stock unported j30a4 runners on my car and noticing that they are almost the same size diameter. To the guys that are running ported runners, what gasket are you using? If anyone has pictures of the gasket compared to the stock j30 runners that would be a major help, maybe I just didnt look close enough
The gaskets are identical at 45mm +- 0.5mm, your runners should have been nowhere near that size stock, however usually with the grime that accummulates around the entry of the port runners the runners can look much larger than they are (much being 1mm per side).

Without a caliper it's hard to tell between 43 and 44 mm, and I believe the stock exit on the j37 im is ~42.5 mm, the stock entry on the stock j30a5 runners is around 43+ mm

IIRC the gaskets are the same as I've had both sent to me, with no appreciable difference in them other than manufacturing differences between ports. You can use what you like for the gasket, the gasket used for matching has never made a difference in any of my ports.
alec_av6 likes this.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2016, 06:21 PM   #122

Thank you oraclem19. So this means if I went with a p2r thermal gasket for the plenum I could use any from the j32, j35 or j37? Cause all I see listed is the j32 and j35
alec_av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2017, 04:18 PM   #123

Dropping this post here as it was the main thread I used for the TB/IM upgrade

I saw some of oraclem19’s work polishing/porting TB’s & intake manifold’s and had him work on mine. Sharing pictures of the result and process for glueing which I did myself.

When I got the intake back it look amazing ! oracle spent a lot of time polishing and ensuring a quality job.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to do before/after performance compare because I installed the entire 3.7 setup all at once along with polished runners which I did myself.

Shortly after installing I plugged in the flashpro and Dom tuned the car. I am very happy with the overall setup. Great torque !

Some notes on the install with help from oracle
-Permatex Black glue
-Used ultra thin washer to ensure spacing and 4 studs to guide the pieces together
-Applied glue to both top & bottom to ensure all gaps filled
-There was a lot of excess glue to be cleaned up but wasn’t too difficult with paint thinner
-Bought 4 tubes of glue, used 3

- Failed on the first try ��

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
thisaznboi88 and DCdonDubby like this.

Old June 12th, 2017, 05:19 PM   #124

3.7L intake manifold for the WIN!
poormansr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.