3.7 Manifold/TB Parts list!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #1

3.7 Manifold/TB Parts list!!

Since a lot of you knuckleheads are upgrading to 3.7 parts (go big or go home), I figured I'd make it easy to find the parts needed. This is the parts list I made when I bought my manifold/TB. Sticky?

V6 6MT I/J/E/PCDs/IM dyno! < Link to the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick
As promised, here is a reference page for all the parts for the intake manifold. Below is a list of the parts you would need. I'm 99% sure it's everything. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Pricing in the link below, but altogether without the boring/gasket matching it should be ~$800 or less.

Discount Honda and Acura parts and accessories - OEM Acura Parts

Here is the parts list as promised:

Necessary Items
17160-RK2-A00 - Intake manifold
17140-RK1-A01 - Top plate (w/butterflies)
16400-RKG-A01 - Throttle Body
16176-RYE-A10 - Throttle Body gasket
92900-08050-3B - Throttle Body bolts (x2)
17105-RCJ-A01 - Intake Manifold gasket

Just in case Items
17181-RCJ-A00 - EGR Pipe (mine didn't fit so left it out)
90104-RCJ-A00 - IM bolts (x10) or reuse stock
95701-08065-08 - Bolts (x7) Don't think you need these

Last edited by Sonnick; January 13th, 2014 at 09:43 AM..
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #2
TrakCord

i think all the magnesium manifolds have butterflies now from what ive seen. Well the top plates do...
Sonnick and 2DrJ30a5-6spd like this.
Cubanob247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #3

Who needs that manifold
2DrJ30a5-6spd likes this.
Atlas.46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 13th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #4

Nice im installing 3.7 manifold/tb tomorrow on my j30a4. Also adding ported runners, header, and borla exhaust. How you think this gonna work out? I won't be able to sleep tonight
piky162428 and 2DrJ30a5-6spd like this.
acc37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #5
Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by acc37 View Post
Nice im installing 3.7 manifold/tb tomorrow on my j30a4. Also adding ported runners, header, and borla exhaust. How you think this gonna work out? I won't be able to sleep tonight
If you are doing all that in one day you will need bandaids, pb blast, patients, lots of tools, bloodied knuckles, more patients, lots of tools, even more patients, beer (if you drink) then sleep after your 9 hour day of busting your knuckles and cussing.

1/8th mile 9.06 @ 82.31
8's here I come.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NvrDwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #6

remove,the power steering. it makes it ao much easier
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Explain your "Headers" to me good sir. Power will be much better, depending on what you call headers.

Time wise, not hard. I did my DTB IM, Runners and all spark plugs in 2hrs. That was with switching parts over from the stock IM to the new setup, oh and picture breaks. Also did J-Pipe and Exhuast in 2hrs. .... And I was working alone on a creeper in an oversized one car garage. I really need a bigger garage.

I ended up having to take the whole IM, including runners off because I broke the knock sensor. Be carful not to do that, it's under the runner. The second time I did it in just over an hour. Easier once you've done it once. If someone is doing the work for you, I just wasted 5 min of my life. Lol

NA.... Till I Spray
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2014, 04:53 AM   #8

Thanks for the advice. Im doing the work myself. I had enough practice with my eg hatch. Whatever I don't know I try my best to find out how to do it. Im actually removing these parts from my cousins accord first so I'm trying to separate a whole day to do this. Tomorrow my wife got the day off, she can take care of our new born and I'll be able to work on the car before work lolll(hopefully). The days seem to be shorter after becoming a father haha. I'll take pics and maybe open a thread about it. Thanks for the advice guys
Old January 15th, 2014, 05:50 AM   #9

You have another vehicle to use?
Atlas.46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas.46 View Post
Who needs that manifold
You do, fool. So you can stop making the 'I'm still on my stock manifold' excuse. LOL I'm playin. But seriously, you need this manifold OR the DTB one. Considering your ported heads, you are going to need more than a heatsoaked 'ported' manifold. To be honest, I'm not sure how well the DTB does with heat. It's made from a stock manifold, so I can't imagine it staying as cool as the 3.7 manifold. However, the 3.7 setup also doesn't flow as much air....
Quote:
Do you already have an intake? If not, I have 2 for ya Fujita CAI or AEM V1 CAI. You will notice a large bump in power from 3K to redline with these mods. You will need a CAI too though. Good luck w/the install!
Old January 15th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord325 View Post
Explain your "Headers" to me good sir. Power will be much better, depending on what you call headers.

Time wise, not hard. I did my DTB IM, Runners and all spark plugs in 2hrs. That was with switching parts over from the stock IM to the new setup, oh and picture breaks. Also did J-Pipe and Exhuast in 2hrs. .... And I was working alone on a creeper in an oversized one car garage. I really need a bigger garage.

I ended up having to take the whole IM, including runners off because I broke the knock sensor. Be carful not to do that, it's under the runner. The second time I did it in just over an hour. Easier once you've done it once. If someone is doing the work for you, I just wasted 5 min of my life. Lol
Some honda/acura heads come with the exhaust manifold built into the heads(not as good). It was done to save on costs.

Other honda/acura heads don't come with the exhaust manifold built into te heads(better option). An example of this would be the j32a2 heads. Then you need to upgrade headers for a big power increase. Custom long tubes is the way to go. A j32a2 with just bolt ons, untuned, N/A can make 290whp.
brian6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6speed View Post
Some honda/acura heads come with the exhaust manifold built into the heads(not as good). It was done to save on costs.

Other honda/acura heads don't come with the exhaust manifold built into te heads(better option). An example of this would be the j32a2 heads. Then you need to upgrade headers for a big power increase. Custom long tubes is the way to go. A j32a2 with just bolt ons, untuned, N/A can make 290whp.
I know this, thanks. If he's on a J30A4-5 then im curious as to what he calls headers. Never saw what vehicle he was in or a response to the question.

NA.... Till I Spray
Old January 15th, 2014, 12:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
You do, fool. So you can stop making the 'I'm still on my stock manifold' excuse. LOL I'm playin. But seriously, you need this manifold OR the DTB one. Considering your ported heads, you are going to need more than a heatsoaked 'ported' manifold. To be honest, I'm not sure how well the DTB does with heat. It's made from a stock manifold, so I can't imagine it staying as cool as the 3.7 manifold. However, the 3.7 setup also doesn't flow as much air....

Do you already have an intake? If not, I have 2 for ya Fujita CAI or AEM V1 CAI. You will notice a large bump in power from 3K to redline with these mods. You will need a CAI too though. Good luck w/the install!
DTB IM stays cooler then the stock IM, and also cools down very quickly. I drive about an hour to get to the track and with the stock IM I couldn't keep my hand on it for more then a few seconds after arriving. The DTB IM I can rest my hand on it all day.
Sonnick and piky162428 like this.

NA.... Till I Spray
Old January 15th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #14

^ Good to know.
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #15

Noon question. What do you mean by DTB manifold?
Dual throttle body ?
Murders23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:28 AM   #16
Carpe Diem

Yes. Look here:

Dual TB build/install/dyno
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6speed View Post

exactly what my cousin is getting
Old January 17th, 2014, 06:11 AM   #18

what j pipe/pcds are those?
look like some ebay brand
bigballer8526 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 17th, 2014, 06:23 AM   #19

They where custom made with the borla exhaust no ebay.
Old January 17th, 2014, 02:40 PM   #20

Quote:
They where custom made with the borla exhaust no ebay.
I was only saying ebay because you scraped your flex pipe and you're not sitting that low
Old January 17th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #21

Ah they were removed from the blue accord and he is low hehe.
Old January 17th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #22

Planning on doing this in the near future. My question is, do you need to purchase the egr pipe (17181-RCJ-A00) for the setup or can you ditch the egr without any issues?
T1Invince is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2014, 01:48 PM   #23

Perfect. I just ordered the two bolts, that's all I'm missing. I have a question about the intake runners? Is the p2r runners a direct bolt on for us?
ChrisQ80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2014, 04:05 PM   #24
Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisQ80 View Post
Perfect. I just ordered the two bolts, that's all I'm missing. I have a question about the intake runners? Is the p2r runners a direct bolt on for us?
Yes.

1/8th mile 9.06 @ 82.31
8's here I come.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NvrDwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2014, 04:34 PM   #25

Awesome, thanks. I can't wait
ChrisQ80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1Invince View Post
Planning on doing this in the near future. My question is, do you need to purchase the egr pipe (17181-RCJ-A00) for the setup or can you ditch the egr without any issues?
You don't need the EGR pipe. My buddy & I tried fitting it and no matter which way we turned it, it wouldn't go in.

I don't think P2R makes runners for the 7G anymore. Do you have a link to the ones you are talking about? If you are talking about the ones in the Classifieds section being sold by ShadowChaser, those will NOT fit.
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:29 AM   #28

^ Those will fit, yes. I looked on P2Rs website and couldn't find any ported runners.
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:31 AM   #29

Aren't the runners the same between 7th gen, 8th gen and 3rd gen tl's?
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballer8526 View Post
Aren't the runners the same between 7th gen, 8th gen and 3rd gen tl's?
No. Only the 7G and TL/Type S. The 8G Accord has a completely different head design, which is the same design as the 4G TL SHAWD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.