4" CAI Intake vs. 3.5" CAI Intake - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By 2i2dk1ny2i3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:09 PM   #1

4" CAI Intake vs. 3.5" CAI Intake

i've finally got some time to do this mod over the weekend hopefully.

there are a few different ways to go about it since its a custom job but i followed the 1st USER sy272004's parts list (except different Filter sizes Summer/Winter):

How to: 4" CAI intake
How to: 4" CAI intake - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums

sy272004's cost of parts (shipped)
1. 4" aluminum pipe $28
2. 3to4" coupling $17
3. K&N filter $40 (your price will vary depending which filter you will pick)
4. 45 degree 4" silicone coupling $13
5. 3" tbolt clamp 2.20(bought 2 for $4.40 shipped but only used one)
6. 4" tbolt clamps x4 $11
total: $111

most parts can be had off eBay or local Auto parts store and these are 2016 prices if anything went up or down from the above list:

1. 4" aluminum pipe = $29
2. 3 to 4" coupling = $6.54
3. K&N filter (Summer Filter) = $35.99 (your price will vary depending which filter you will pick)
4. 45 degree 4" silicone coupling = $9.63
5. 3" tbolt clamp = 3.84 (for x2)
6. 4" tbolt clamps = 7.40 (for x4)

total: $92.40

OPTIONAL:
1. Spectre Performance 8130 - 4" Aluminum Polished Air Filter Heat Shield = $40.49 (i will be using this with the K&N Filter for the winter and it more than covers the entire Filter)
2. 4" Intake Filter (the long one which in theory should bring in more air during the Summer, i got this for a good price but they go for $40-60+)

pics:

the hardest parts:
1. eyeballing whereabouts sy272004's cut his using his pics:

2. taking off all the Tabs/screws that hold the Fender wheel liner i just reinstalled since its winter. (side note: i've seen and used a lot of different Black Plastic Tabs that hold the fender liner in certain spots but they seem to not want to come out or snap when sticking in a flat head screwdriver. the best ones i've used are from Toyota)

kinda looks like this but not exactly...there are lots of different styles and i will post a pic of the ones i'll grab from Toyota and hopefully they will fit in the Fender liner and not snap when sticking in a flat head and come out much more easily

current Perf. mods:

custom CAI w/AEM Filter
Tsudo J-Pipe
RV6 PCDs
Dual Borla custom Exhaust with straight piping

weight reduction:
Accord Hybrid Hood
No Spare Tire but i've got a 2nd Optima Battery in my Trunk so weight about evens out

currently i'm on my Winter Rims or OEM 16 Honda Wheels vs. Summer 18s so should be faster in theory
Scottwax, Rich01 and 0VM66T like this.
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:04 PM   #2

Nice. I will be doing this soon. I'm going with an aluminum 45*section instead of silicone tho. I eventually want to get it all welded to a cone going down to the TB instead of a reducer.
Rich01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 24th, 2016, 02:04 AM   #3
TrakCord

live the 4 inch
Cubanob247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.