my bolt on - Page 2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2017, 05:21 AM   #31
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord325 View Post
Rev hang....maybe intake leak?
Would depend when the hang is, if the hang is only when the clutch is off and stops hanging once the clutch starts engaging, intake leak. If the rev hang continues as the clutch starts to engage or persists after, bad clutch.
No reason for the revs to drop real quick if the clutch isn't doing anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich01 View Post
Find a hill and gun it going up, you'll know
This oughta work, find a decent hill, be in not the highest gear you could be (wouldn't be trying this in 4+ at 45ish)(maybe 2-3, don't remember what 2nd/3rd goes up to on MT)(point is you don't want to be at 2krpm and trying to floor it, nothing'll move even with no clutch) then floor it and see if rpms go up without speed doing the same thing. You'll notice the tach needle jump up then down, maybe a few times. Up as it slips, down as it's catching. If you are paying attention to the road and not tach/speedo, just plant your smartphone somewhere and record.

MT guys lmk if i'm backwards on being in a lower gear. I might be backwards on that where if you're in a higher gear and gun it usually the car just wouldn't move, vs with crap clutch it'll rev, but that sounds like it'll hurt the engine with a good clutch.

Intake leak usually happens when people install spacers the first 2-5 times. Most definitive sign of it is a pulse after letting off the gas, on gas no clutch at 5k (or something), let off gas, drops to 3k, still off gas jumps to 5k again. Can always confirm by spraying carb cleaner around the gaskets from the runners up.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 7th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #32

Rev hang as in when flooring and right after i shift (let off clutch pedal and step on gas) rpm stays or slowly climbs like ur spinning ur tires very hardbut ur not and then rpm rises to redline.
But either way i think my clutch is still stock and is slipping a bit at 150,000. Seems like it was a hwy commute car too perhaps judging from the previous owner of how many yrs and miles they had it.
530av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2017, 07:43 PM   #33

clutch is done for.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 8th, 2017, 05:15 PM   #34

It seems to be fine after i beat on it for a while tho.
Old March 6th, 2017, 06:05 PM   #35

So after installing the 1.6" manifold spacer and hacked up my 4" cai into 4" to 3.5", itpulls better and i can def feel the torque difference. I guees every car will respond slightly differ to different mods.
Old March 18th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #36

So i put back in my stock jpipe and the car feels much more torque in the midrange qnd much more responsive but top end power towards redline has been decrease. What a big difference
Old March 24th, 2017, 04:30 PM   #37
The Jester

If the clutch is slipping you wouldn't be able to feel the extra torque anyway...
Swap your clutch before you get stuck with no traction.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #38

I can give u a good deal on a factory clutch/pp/flywheel used only 6k miles.
Old March 24th, 2017, 10:07 PM   #39

Im broke now though lol. But i barely drive my car. Been sitting mostly and ive only put about 3000 miles on it in 7 months.
Old March 26th, 2017, 01:06 PM   #40

Well let me know i Might b sitting on it for awhile. Everyone on fb thinks i wanna give it away for $150, *******s.
thisaznboi88 likes this.
Old June 16th, 2017, 03:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530av6 View Post
I felt a loss of power n torque right after putting jpipe and pcd. That it doesnt pull as good as stock did but now im just use to it. Been lazy to try to put stock parts back in to feel the differ
I can relate to this experience. The most torque I had was 3.7 intake with stock precats and XLR8 J-pipe. I lost a lot of torque when I installed RV6-High Flow precats, then removed the mid-muffler and it felt like I lost a little more torque. Very disappointing.

I now have torque again with tuning and am very happy with it.

It sounds like you have stock J-Pipe with PCD's. One thing I noticed when I installed the XLR8 J-Pipe was much smoother movement through RPM's. The stock J-Pipe has a really bad merge.

At some point I may put the stock precats back on and I may pick up even more torque, but the back one is a real pain to install, especially on a coupe with removing the strut bar.

Anyways - glad to hear you got your torque back.

Last edited by 0VM66T; June 17th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Spelling
0VM66T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2017, 04:48 AM   #42

Yes i agree on your statement.

I have put my stock jpipe back to test n i felt a gain in torque/power in the low to mid rpm range but top end seems to suffer. Then few days with stock jpipe, i swap back to xlr8 n lost mid range power but top end seems to pull harder. But i do believe pcd affects it too. Havent tried putting stock pcd back on with xlr8 jpipe. Maybe when its smog time. Thatll give me the motivation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.