Exhaust Comparison *Video* - Page 2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2004, 09:32 AM   #31
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
I have added the your Tanabe link on first post..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2004, 07:46 PM   #32
I Pull Wire

Send a message via MSN to IvtecV6_ACCORD
The Greddy Evo 2 sounds the best to me, and the Borla is a close second. The magnaflow just sounds too quiet. For some reason my windows media player will only play sound from the borla clips. I'm not sure why I can't see the video. I'd like to see what the chirping tires looks like.
IvtecV6_ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 10:03 AM   #33

Send a message via AIM to JPAccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvtecV6_ACCORD
The Greddy Evo 2 sounds the best to me, and the Borla is a close second. The magnaflow just sounds too quiet. For some reason my windows media player will only play sound from the borla clips. I'm not sure why I can't see the video. I'd like to see what the chirping tires looks like.

You need quicktime to view the borlas.
JPAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 10:05 AM   #34
Make Way for The Bad Guy!

Send a message via AIM to JoeySmallz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAccord
You need quicktime to view the borlas.
The link that I posted plays with Windows Media Player, just click on it, it's on the first page like 1/2 way down
JoeySmallz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:41 PM   #35
I Pull Wire

Send a message via MSN to IvtecV6_ACCORD
Quote:
Originally Posted by x03BlackAccV6x
The link that I posted plays with Windows Media Player, just click on it, it's on the first page like 1/2 way down

Ya I ended up playing it with quicktime, In windows media I could only get sound. Probably missing codecs or some sh*t. Thanks anyway
IvtecV6_ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2004, 06:08 PM   #36
I love this car!

dont know if anyone will get this message but I have the video of the black car with the magnaflow exhaust all put together in a continuos clip rather than the aweful clips that are provided in the zip file above. There is a minute worth of reving. I PMed but no response so I will host the video until I need the room again, then the link will be dead. Its pretty good....

http://members.cox.net/robsftp/
rpgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:25 AM   #37
wj4

just wondering are all the av6s in the clips manual or some are autos?
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2004, 06:56 PM   #38
DOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
just wondering are all the av6s in the clips manual or some are autos?
some are in manual. the autos sound crappy, though.
DOO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2004, 12:46 AM   #39
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOO
which are in manual and which arent?
Old December 12th, 2004, 10:47 PM   #40

Send a message via AIM to SweetMt6speed
Hi to all! I'm a newbie and this is my first post. How do I listen to the clips? I've got a V2 coming and want exhaust to be next mod. (Wheels and suspension lowering next then bigger brakes.)
SweetMt6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2004, 11:39 PM   #41
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMt6speed
Hi to all! I'm a newbie and this is my first post. How do I listen to the clips? I've got a V2 coming and want exhaust to be next mod. (Wheels and suspension lowering next then bigger brakes.)

Just click on the link that says v6pvideos.kiranpatel.net and a pop-up should come up and will ask you to either Open or Save. To view the one on Imagestation, you need to register on their website in order to view the soundclip.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:55 PM   #42
Guam, U.S. of A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOO
My car happens to be the black V6 Accord with the Greddy Evo 2s video clips... and yes it's an automatic. My video clips alone have persuaded a lot of 7th Gen. V6 Accord members on this very own forum to actually help them make a final decision on what exhaust system they wanted for their very own V6 Accord. I'm pretty much one of the first to get this exhaust system and do the very stupid thing of doing this on a public street illegally just for the memebers on this forum to get an idea on how much is it worth to spend the $700 or more cash on an exhaust system such as Greddy. Even some members sold their Borlas & Magnaflows just because the Greddy Evos sounded so much better. I don't know why you posted such a stupid comment about the autos sounding crappy but then again I forgot you were the one posting a subject about selling your sperm on Ebay for some needed cash.

Since you posted a stupid comment bow down, kiss my big left toe and ask for forgiveness!

BTW, MikeRocka... the exhaust sound should sound similiar since it's a V6. All exhaust systems for the 7th Gen. Accord V6 are full cat-backs.
D R E W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 24th, 2004, 09:05 AM   #43
DOO

Dude, i did not single your car out. Loud exhausts on automatic cars sound like crap to me. You are very sensitive, perhaps you were raised in a single parent household or something. Get a life...and a manual transmission.
Old December 24th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #44
DOO

no hatred at all...
Old December 24th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #45
Guam, U.S. of A.

Yeah no hating just had to stick up for us guys/girls with the autotragics... the Greddy Evos aren't loud at all nor does it sound riced out such as our counter parts with the 4bangers. I happened to be raised in a loving enviroment FYI and you've obvisously haven't had an opportunity to drive in down town Seattle/Tacoma or even in our New York style traffic to know why I opted for a automatic.

i'm koo...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008' Acura TL Type-S (Alabaster Silver)
D R E W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 31st, 2004, 03:40 AM   #46
wj4

i got the borla and my av6 is automatic, i love the way it sounds lol at 'autotragics"....the car was given to me for my bday from parents and they refused to get me a manual. its their money, not mine so what can i say. all i know is that im 19 and cant afford to be making payments while working only a part time job and im thankful for having the av6. if i play my cards right and get good grades next semester, i may have an s2000 by next november as my next bday gift to use as weekend car maybe i can put the greddy catback on that car
Old February 1st, 2005, 10:43 PM   #47
allstar

Thanks a lot for getting those clips together. I'm sure they helped a lot of people in their final decision. Is there a clip anywhere of the Magnaflow doing some driving on the road?
Old February 7th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #48
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Ordered my Comptech Sport stainless steel exhaust and got them installed today. I love how they look and sound! My car feels stronger (maybe it's just my imagination )...will post some pics after I clean my car. The construction on this exhaust is pretty impressive. I had a GReddy SP on my 5th gen Prelude and those things sounded louder than the Comptechs. These puppies were pricey ($1023 incl CA tax) plus I paid $80 to get them installed at Acura of Escondido. It's all good though...I just paid off my car.

I considered Borla, GReddy, Tanabe...but since you all have those already, I decided to take one for the team and buy the Comptechs!

Next mod: Brembo drilled rotors and Ceramicool ceramic brake pads.

Here's the link to the video clips. Password: comptechvid

http://salominojr.neptune.com

Here's a picture. Man, these things look good.

Last edited by flyvtec; February 11th, 2005 at 12:57 AM..
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #49
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

You already paid off your car? What kind of down payment did you put on it and what were you payments?
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:02 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec

i tried that site, and it says i dont have quicktime installed, when i most definetly do.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #51
the josef

Nice videos! I've been comtemplating the comptech or the borla for months.. just been waiting for somebody to put out a comptech video.

only thing: you gots to press da pedal a lil harder when you going through those 1 2 3 gears!! it sounds sweet though in your garage.

Guess I gots to start saving a few extra hundred.
I do think they look a little better than the Borlas.. almost the same, but the comptechs show a little more..

thanks again!
josef2982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #52

ok, i figured it out, firefox doesnt like it. but yeah, sounds pretty sweet.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:34 PM   #53

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sync
You already paid off your car? What kind of down payment did you put on it and what were you payments?
Yup...paid it off last month! I was able to save enough to pay off my loan so I made the decision to get it done. I'm planning on buying a house this year, so I wanted to reduce debt. But I still have a ways to go to reach that goal, so we'll see.

I traded in my Prelude as down payment when I bought the Accord in Nov 03.
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:48 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by josef2982
Nice videos! I've been comtemplating the comptech or the borla for months.. just been waiting for somebody to put out a comptech video.

only thing: you gots to press da pedal a lil harder when you going through those 1 2 3 gears!! it sounds sweet though in your garage.

Guess I gots to start saving a few extra hundred.
I do think they look a little better than the Borlas.. almost the same, but the comptechs show a little more..

thanks again!
Thx man. Yeah...I wuz cruising on the 1-2-3 vid. Couldn't open her up because too much traffic. I'm not done making vids so I'll get a WOT vid sometime down the road.

Yeah...the Borlas are nice too from what I've read. I've been saving $$$ since Summer so I'm glad I got it out of the way. Winning my Fantasy Football League this year helped A LOT in coming up with the cash!!!
Old February 12th, 2005, 01:34 AM   #55

Send a message via AIM to Ursus
hm.. for some reason it doesn't play the whole thing.. it only plays each clip for like half a second??
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 14th, 2005, 03:51 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
Ordered my Comptech Sport stainless steel exhaust and got them installed today. I love how they look and sound! My car feels stronger (maybe it's just my imagination )...will post some pics after I clean my car. The construction on this exhaust is pretty impressive. I had a GReddy SP on my 5th gen Prelude and those things sounded louder than the Comptechs. These puppies were pricey ($1023 incl CA tax) plus I paid $80 to get them installed at Acura of Escondido. It's all good though...I just paid off my car.

I considered Borla, GReddy, Tanabe...but since you all have those already, I decided to take one for the team and buy the Comptechs!

Next mod: Brembo drilled rotors and Ceramicool ceramic brake pads.

Here's a picture. Man, these things look good.

lol sounds nice, but do you have a fear of going past 4000RPMs or going full throttle or something?
EastBay7thGen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 14th, 2005, 05:28 PM   #57
Got VTEC?...

First off, thank you for providing such great sound clips! The car sounds wonderful, and the video's are definatly a plus as well

I have had my Comptech catback for about a month, and these sound clips simply don't do enough justice to how they REALLY sound in real life. The best part about it is that it is not a loud exhaust system, but when you want to really rev up the accord, thats when the exhaust starts unleashing some real snarl!
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 14th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #58
DOO

i keep getting this message:

Old February 14th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBay7thGen
lol sounds nice, but do you have a fear of going past 4000RPMs or going full throttle or something?
yeah...I'm worried that if I go past 4K rpms my car is gonna fly off like a rocket!!! lol... j/k... actually, i was just trying to get clips of what it sounds like when cruising/normal driving. i'm working on getting some WOT clips when the weather clears up. tell you what though...these exhausts sound amazing at WOT!!!

Last edited by flyvtec; February 15th, 2005 at 12:18 AM..
Old February 14th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
First off, thank you for providing such great sound clips! The car sounds wonderful, and the video's are definatly a plus as well

I have had my Comptech catback for about a month, and these sound clips simply don't do enough justice to how they REALLY sound in real life. The best part about it is that it is not a loud exhaust system, but when you want to really rev up the accord, thats when the exhaust starts unleashing some real snarl!
I hear ya. My camera is not the greatest in the world to get the best sound clips...and you're right, there is nothing like hearing these bad boyz live. I love how it hummmms along then unleash that mean azz snarl when you open her up. These are the best exhausts I've ever had!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.