Exhaust Comparison *Video* - Page 21 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2015, 10:02 PM   #601

custom, didn't remove the cat yet. nice and quiet under 2.5 RPM but sounding better as their being broken in
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2015, 10:22 PM   #602
The Jester

Kind of inferred that, I should have asked what muffler/pipe/resonator/cats?
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2015, 04:41 AM   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraclem19 View Post
Kind of inferred that, I should have asked what muffler/pipe/resonator/cats?

both OEM Resonators removed, 2.5 piping all the way through to Mufflers starting @ OEM Cat (not removed)

Mufflers and Exhaust tips off another Vehicle
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 22nd, 2015, 07:43 AM   #604

A week after installing hfpc's and jpipe I started getting a rattling from what sounds to be my EVO2 driver side tip. It happens around 3k rpm when I give it a bit of gas, but not when the car is still cold or after it's been run for about 45 mins. I looked inside and it's rusting apart (both actually are) pretty bad to the point where it doesn't really seem to be connected to the shell anymore.

I've been doing some searching and still unsure of the answer is to if I can just take them off and replace with something else, utilizing the rest of the piping that appears to be in good shape still. Though given the ends look good still, I won't know what it looks like until I take it off and look inside.

Can I just replace the EVO2 ends with EVO3 (or another compatible part) at the Y pipe? I would assume that anything of the same size should work, but not too sure. If not, I'll probably be looking at a replacement exhaust setup for under a grand and am open to ideas.

As far as troubleshooting, I've inspected the heat shields (may be removing them) and bent them just to make sure it wasn't that. I'm not rubbing/vibrating anywhere along the pipe. Didn't feel any leaks from gasket areas while I had the car being revved. Had my son in the backseat while I made it rattle to have him confirm where noise is coming from as I can only replicate it while driving and not sitting at idle. Exhaust was on the car when I bought it over 2 years ago.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Carter
'04 6-6 coupe.
7gaacCarter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:59 AM   #605
Calm like a bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gaacCarter View Post
A week after installing hfpc's and jpipe I started getting a rattling from what sounds to be my EVO2 driver side tip. It happens around 3k rpm when I give it a bit of gas, but not when the car is still cold or after it's been run for about 45 mins. I looked inside and it's rusting apart (both actually are) pretty bad to the point where it doesn't really seem to be connected to the shell anymore.

I've been doing some searching and still unsure of the answer is to if I can just take them off and replace with something else, utilizing the rest of the piping that appears to be in good shape still. Though given the ends look good still, I won't know what it looks like until I take it off and look inside.

Can I just replace the EVO2 ends with EVO3 (or another compatible part) at the Y pipe? I would assume that anything of the same size should work, but not too sure. If not, I'll probably be looking at a replacement exhaust setup for under a grand and am open to ideas.

As far as troubleshooting, I've inspected the heat shields (may be removing them) and bent them just to make sure it wasn't that. I'm not rubbing/vibrating anywhere along the pipe. Didn't feel any leaks from gasket areas while I had the car being revved. Had my son in the backseat while I made it rattle to have him confirm where noise is coming from as I can only replicate it while driving and not sitting at idle. Exhaust was on the car when I bought it over 2 years ago.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Carter
'04 6-6 coupe.

Yes you can replace with anything you'd like. Provided it fits properly of course. As far as that rattle I would check the rolled edges of the heat shields above the mufflers. Little pebbles and road salt and other small pieces of debris get caught in them and make more noise than you would imagine. I took a pair of pliers and bent mine so there is nowhere for them to get stuck anymore.
StevilKnievel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2015, 01:13 PM   #606

Question whats the best straight pipe set up for a 2004 sedan v6 i just bought a jpipe so i wonder if i should run a testpipe and a dual or single 3 inch pipe to the back
josee09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2015, 01:39 PM   #607

Probably an electric cutout, tbh.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2015, 02:10 PM   #608

Are your intake manifold tb and runners stock ? I'd get those swapped and do e cut out
05accord6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2015, 11:40 AM   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevilKnievel View Post
Yes you can replace with anything you'd like. Provided it fits properly of course. As far as that rattle I would check the rolled edges of the heat shields above the mufflers. Little pebbles and road salt and other small pieces of debris get caught in them and make more noise than you would imagine. I took a pair of pliers and bent mine so there is nowhere for them to get stuck anymore.
Ended up removing the heat shields and noise persisted. After a few more hundred miles the noise went away, ironically about the same time I ordered a new exhaust setup.
Switched to Magnaflow from GReddy setup yesterday anyways and happy I did.
7gAccCarter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #610
Calm like a bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gAccCarter View Post
Ended up removing the heat shields and noise persisted. After a few more hundred miles the noise went away, ironically about the same time I ordered a new exhaust setup.
Switched to Magnaflow from GReddy setup yesterday anyways and happy I did.
Lol! Perfect!
StevilKnievel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2015, 04:12 PM   #611

Screw pre made exhaust for real, anything sounds better
05accord6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2015, 02:29 PM   #612

https://youtu.be/s3UvhWn2vkM my current exhaust. Thinking of stepping up to 3", good idea or is that too much? P.S. this is the most I've ever beaten on it and it felt wrong
alec_av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:28 PM   #613

Details please.
CBUS-AV6MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:44 PM   #614

nice exhaust

anyone thinking about doing a megaphone transition pipe in their exhaust to improve exhaust escape velocity? 2.5 from the j-pipe to 3in after that?
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2015, 07:10 AM   #615

Definitely Ken.

Jpipe->2.5" to 3" megaphone->test pipe/hfpc section->y split the mufflers is my plan.

Debating on what type of mufflers and whether or not I need a resonator in addition to a hfpc.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 01:07 PM   #616

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
nice exhaust

anyone thinking about doing a megaphone transition pipe in their exhaust to improve exhaust escape velocity? 2.5 from the j-pipe to 3in after that?
Im wondering if that would help with lower end. the outlet of the xlr8jpipe is 2.5 so if I were to eventually go 3"midpipe then I would have no choice. There is a guy on youtube with a black 7g automatic, pcds jpipe 3" midpipe to greddy mufflers, I wish I could find him on here
Also from what Ive heard you NEED a decent sized resonator if youre running PCD's. Maybe Hfpc's are a better option?
Old November 23rd, 2015, 01:24 PM   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec_av6 View Post
Im wondering if that would help with lower end. the outlet of the xlr8jpipe is 2.5 so if I were to eventually go 3"midpipe then I would have no choice. There is a guy on youtube with a black 7g automatic, pcds jpipe 3" midpipe to greddy mufflers, I wish I could find him on here
Also from what Ive heard you NEED a decent sized resonator if youre running PCD's. Maybe Hfpc's are a better option?
What are the details of your exhaust? I liked the sound quite a bit.

Precat deletes, stock cats, or HFPCs?
It looks like you have a XLR8 2.5" exit jpipe
Any resonators?
2.5" piping?
Which mufflers?
Old November 23rd, 2015, 11:09 PM   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBUS-AV6MT View Post
What are the details of your exhaust? I liked the sound quite a bit.

Precat deletes, stock cats, or HFPCs?
It looks like you have a XLR8 2.5" exit jpipe
Any resonators?
2.5" piping?
Which mufflers?
sorry I meant to reply earlier exhaust is stock precats, xlr8 v2 jpipe, obx midpipe with obx resonator, split to 2.5" muffler deletes, so pretty much straight piped from the jpipe back minus the one resonator. the ypipe section is 2" i believe, rest of exhaust is 2.5. Also the j37 mani made a huge difference in sound
Old January 29th, 2016, 01:56 PM   #619

Awesome
Marugged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #620

I want to put an exhaust system on my av6 coupe but i dont know which one i should get. My options have to be under 500 dollars cuz im broke. I had my eyes on some tsudo catback exhaust and j2 engineering catbacks. I want to have that deep and aggressive tone. any opinions and suggestions?
BigBote is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2016, 04:11 PM   #621
Mr. Detail

Here is a video from inside my car. AEM v2 intake, XLR8 v2 J-pipe, mid-muffler removed, stock resonator replaced with a Dynomax. Still have the OEM precats and mufflers. Ignore the overactive traction control at the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiH27DUVixQ

You can also see how fast the shifts are with the Redline D4 ATF.
0VM66T likes this.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2016, 12:27 AM   #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBote View Post
I want to put an exhaust system on my av6 coupe but i dont know which one i should get. My options have to be under 500 dollars cuz im broke. I had my eyes on some tsudo catback exhaust and j2 engineering catbacks. I want to have that deep and aggressive tone. any opinions and suggestions?
I'm not gonna lie I've looked into both of those. Apparently, J2 quality is iffy. I could only find one video on YouTube with someone with an av6 and the j2 installed, but the video wasn't that good. I just did a general search and found a whole bunch of reviews with people who bought them for other cars. In the civic community tsudo is pretty widely used and a good alternative to skunk2. I think In this case tsudo is replicating the greddy evo2 exhaust. If they made a quieter version of it and a sedan version I'd buy it.
LTFA182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2016, 02:53 AM   #623

Thank you for sharing it .Very practical

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:52 PM   #624

Any chance links could be revived? Looking for exhaust for my 4 cylinder 07 SE
Brock70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.