Exhaust Comparison *Video* - Page 4 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:26 PM   #91

not bad. im interested. correct if im being moronic, but it's possible to put the mufflers on the stock piping, then eventually cut the welds and upgrade the piping, right?
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 26th, 2005, 01:34 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by THERUIZFAMILY
181.00 w/ shipping and Ca. taxes.

181.00 for BOTH mufflers, or each?
gando28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #93

I just e-mailed Comptech to see how much it will be. I do have a concern with being able to extend the tips past my rear lip spoiler. The stock exhaust with the tip is recessed I think about 3" in. I would like to make them flush with the outside edge of the lip. Has anyone done this? Is it possible using the Comptech exhaust and tips and if so, I wonder how good it would look.

Quote:
Just bought 2 compech mufflers and 2 comptech 3.5 " tips. I just spoke to him at Comptech and he sais only 10 mufflers left. If you want these mufflers should do it asap. I got his email from this ebay item # 7970592980. He returned the email with this emal address info@comptechusa.com.

Rick
Title101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 26th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Title101
I just e-mailed Comptech to see how much it will be. I do have a concern with being able to extend the tips past my rear lip spoiler. The stock exhaust with the tip is recessed I think about 3" in. I would like to make them flush with the outside edge of the lip. Has anyone done this? Is it possible using the Comptech exhaust and tips and if so, I wonder how good it would look.
Here's where I got the 3.5" tips. $ilverbullet has allready done it and looks good.

Check out this thread Comptech mufflers no catback

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilverbullet
COMPTECH MUFFLERS

Finally got them installed, and they're GREAT! Highly recommended, very affordable. Tips are 3.5 inch btw, bought separately

PROS:

1.Sounds clean/deep w/g35 sound but even cleaner and a bit deeper, especially around 2-3.5 RPM, u start to hear a very nice throaty growl
2. Easy fit, shop only need to make 2 small little axlebacks to fit into stock piping
3. VERY CLEAN looking, muffler fits like a glove like stock muffler

CONS:

1.IDLE, only slightly louder than stock when idle. More of a purr.
2. Make sure your there when u install, lots of tweeking to get perfect fit. I fitted it just slightly ABOVE what the stock mufflers were set cause i found the stock tips to be too low in the bumper, so i raised it.

OVERALL: BUY IT! you won't be disappointed gaurantee. And if u want it to be loud, u can always just cut out the resonator, but I honestly thing it's PERFECT right now, any louder would be too much, cause when i drive, i can hear the growl inside the car.

The best part, it LOOKS SOOO CLEAN! no xtra muffler face showing, a must have if u want a nice CLEAN look.

Total, it cost me $250 USD (includes installation price, 1.5hrs of work)AFFORDABLE UPGRADE

Wow I'm really interested in doing this too. Where did you buy the mufflers + tips? I saw the links above, but not sure which ones you got.
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2005, 11:59 PM   #95

For some unknown reason I am unable to download the files for the comparison. Would anyone happen to have the ones for the Borla they could send me. Before my PC crashed I did not have a problem and remember the nice tone the white 2 door had with the Borla. Think I am looking for the same tone, anyone know if he did anything special to the Borla like leave out the expansion pipe etc. Just sounds real deep and mean.

Thanks
Hancock_DS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:13 AM   #96
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
www.yousendit.com is a GREAT website to download HUGE files! But these files are only good for 7 days. So if you wanna save clips of the Borla, GReddy, etc...you'll have to save it to your hard drive.

Came home from work tonight and decided to make these clips with the V2 and Comptech:

DIRECTLY BEHIND CAR:

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...S12UYHDGA7GZXJ

REAR ANGLE VIEW:

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...B1BNOGI67PH5LG

INSIDE OF CAR W/WINDOWS CLOSED:

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...R2B7OGTZUJHFC1
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #97

ohh ohh more post on www.yousendit.com
We still need Borla and Greddy......
Hancock_DS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:37 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gando28
181.00 for BOTH mufflers, or each?
2 comptech mufflers
2 comptech tips
+ tax shipping
-----------------
$181.00
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:54 PM   #99
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
www.yousendit.com is a GREAT website to download HUGE files! But these files are only good for 7 days. So if you wanna save clips of the Borla, GReddy, etc...you'll have to save it to your hard drive.

Came home from work tonight and decided to make these clips with the V2 and Comptech:

DIRECTLY BEHIND CAR:

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...S12UYHDGA7GZXJ

REAR ANGLE VIEW:

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...B1BNOGI67PH5LG

INSIDE OF CAR W/WINDOWS CLOSED:

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...R2B7OGTZUJHFC1
I think I heard a hint of your V2 up in the mix of those videos! that V2 sure is awesome, and I think you just made up my decision on an exhast... nice subtle look, SOUND!

but I see that SILVER got only the mufflers/tips and FLY you got the whole 9yards... why?
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2005, 12:42 AM   #100

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
I think I heard a hint of your V2 up in the mix of those videos! that V2 sure is awesome, and I think you just made up my decision on an exhast... nice subtle look, SOUND!

but I see that SILVER got only the mufflers/tips and FLY you got the whole 9yards... why?
Yeah dude...the V2 is AWESOME! Thanks to LIL TANE and Kramer for convincing me to drop a couple of bills for the V2. This combo is my favorite mod, bar none!

I got the Comptech system because I loved how they looked underneath the car when I checked out Comptech's website. Plus...everyone already had Borlas, Tanabes, Magnaflows and GReddys...that was another reason to get the Comptechs so that we had a good comparison for everyone interested in getting aftermarket exhausts.

The exhaust system is expensive...but worth every cent IMHO.
Old April 30th, 2005, 12:53 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
Yeah dude...the V2 is AWESOME! Thanks to LIL TANE and Kramer for convincing me to drop a couple of bills for the V2. This combo is my favorite mod, bar none!

I got the Comptech system because I loved how they looked underneath the car when I checked out Comptech's website. Plus...everyone already had Borlas, Tanabes, Magnaflows and GReddys...that was another reason to get the Comptechs so that we had a good comparison for everyone interested in getting aftermarket exhausts.

The exhaust system is expensive...but worth every cent IMHO.
Got mufflers and tips today......will install on Monday....see how they sound...Correct me if I am wrong flyvtec but the cat back pretty much removes one resonator...I asked $ilverbullet and he removed the rear resonator. I am assuming the catback pretty much does the same thing..

Rick
Old April 30th, 2005, 01:11 AM   #102

Send a message via AIM to accord03
Quote:
Got mufflers and tips today......will install on Monday....see how they sound...Correct me if I am wrong flyvtec but the cat back pretty much removes one resonator...I asked $ilverbullet and he removed the rear resonator. I am assuming the catback pretty much does the same thing..

Rick

a cat back would be bigger piping and remove some resonators...if u look at the greddy evo pic u can see there is a resonator or 2 still there but the pipng is much bigger.
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:28 PM   #103

clicked on all the links...couldn't find a link that would work for me to hear the comparison...

the comptech exhuast system seems to be the best bang for the buck from what im reading... id love to buy it ...where to buy...anyone selling it to upgrade to different system?
habibnazir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:34 PM   #104

best bang for the buck? i think you mean the comptech mufflers w/out full cat back. the comptech catback is $1000. and i'm sure you could get similar results with other muffler brands, not just comptech.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:38 PM   #105

hmm..okay scratch that...

def. didn't pickup on the 1000 bones for the catback part....

in that case what's the popular choice that most people are picking for their cars and how satisfied are you?
Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:01 AM   #106

habibnazir...click on my link below for the Comptech exhaust. Total cost of the system including install and tax = $1100.

www.salominojr.neptune.com

password: comptechvid
Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:25 AM   #107

My 2 cents:

a)Comptech mufflers without one resonator was to loud for me.....I had the resonator replaced and it was quieter but just what I wanted for cabin noise...check out the other thread headed "Comptech mufflers no catback". To be honest with you the Comptech catback seems to sound exactly like mufflers with one resonator so I assume that a Comptech cat back would have been to loud for me

b)Greddy is a good choice as well.........but still 766.00 shipped .
Borla I think runs about 550.00
I did comptech mufflers and tips and it was 280.00 (100 mufflers and 80 tips) installed. Silverbullet used stock tips so he saved 80 dollars.

c)After looking at all the prices Borla isnt to bad of a deal its 270 more than mufflers but you get a full catback.

Anyways thats my 2 cents:

Rick
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:01 AM   #108
Mid Atlantic Mega Meet

Send a message via AIM to marshallbc
Can someone please fix the link to the Borla Exhaust sound clip...... I have a hook up with them and I might buy it for $450.00 shipped but I would like to know what it should sound like... Any Help
marshallbc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:06 AM   #109

hey thanks for the link ...

i think after re-reading the whole post i agree, the borla seems like the best choice especially for the money ...

habib
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #110
ultimate

Send a message via AIM to carfanatik
Hmm so the Borla is about $550 for a full catback, and the comptech about $300 for mufflers and tips. I want a deep growl, but I can't hear any of the clips.

How is the comptech muffs and tips compared to the Borla full catback?

Last edited by carfanatik; May 10th, 2005 at 07:27 PM..
carfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:36 AM   #111

hmm im trying to figure out the same thing but im pretty sure the tips will have nothing to do with performance or sound...just for looks...

if anyone has the clips can they repost or fix the link thanks
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:58 PM   #112
ultimate

Where can I buy the Comptech mufflers (just the muffs)? I checked www.comptechusa.com and only the full catback is listed. I checked eBay motors as well... no comptechs!

I really want it really soon!

Last edited by carfanatik; May 9th, 2005 at 07:33 PM..
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:29 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatik
Where can I buy the Comptech mufflers (just the muffs)? I checked www.comptechusa.com and only the full catback is listed. I checked eBay motors as well... no comptechs!

I really want it really soon!
Apparently I got the very last ones on Ebay...according to comptech. They are not available any more.
GoBig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM   #114
ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBig
Apparently I got the very last ones on Ebay...according to comptech. They are not available any more.

I just e-mailed comptech and here is what they said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptech
Unfortunately we do not sell the rear muffler sections of our cat-back
separately: however, we do sell the mufflers and tips separately via Ebay at
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQf...omptechmachine. Thanks for considering Comptech.

Comptech
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:28 PM   #115
ultimate

I checked out the Borla website. They don't have an exhaust for the '05 Accord LX V-6 cpe!

grrrr
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #116
ultimate

alright the Borla exhaust is for a 2004, but it will still work.

http://www.borla.com/applications/lo...System/140080/
Old May 11th, 2005, 12:56 AM   #117

Here we go.....much better....dont pay attention to us goofing around with stuff .....I really need a digital camcorder...this was done with my camera.

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...F363PVF601CIUF

Rick
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:35 AM   #118

Actually, it's not too bad (the camera). Can you do one from the outside?
GoBig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #119
ultimate

Does anyone want the Comptech mufflers? I have been practically begging Comptech to make some more, and the guy I am talking to now says that he will order 100 mufflers for $75 each, if there is enough interest and if the accountants approve the order.

If you have interest, please say so so I can try to get the ball rolling!
Old May 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatik
Does anyone want the Comptech mufflers? I have been practically begging Comptech to make some more, and the guy I am talking to now says that he will order 100 mufflers for $75 each, if there is enough interest and if the accountants approve the order.

If you have interest, please say so so I can try to get the ball rolling!
first of all, wrong thread. second of all, *interested*.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.