hack navigation to play dvds/bypass OK screen/change startup - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to slamdaccordon17 Send a message via Yahoo to slamdaccordon17
hack navigation to play dvds/bypass OK screen/change startup

ok so i checked all over acurazine (not one has replied to my post), check on here and checked v6p.net

i've been told that you CAN hack the accords to play dvds...is this true? who has done it? where can i find how to do it?

i tried doing the bypass so you don't have to hit OK everytime you turn your car on, as well as change the start up screen background...it says to put the navigation disc from your car into your computer and copy some files, well i am missing like 3 or 4 files..is this because i have an older version? i have the orange disc (i think version 3.40) and i called alpine and they said the most recent disc is 3.7 (fall 2007 update)...do i need to get that disc before trying the bypass?

all help is greatly appreciated...thanks
slamdaccordon17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:23 PM   #2

you cant use navigation to play dvds,
and you cant take off the "OK",
but you can put pic in your screen.
all disc will works, just under different name.
but they are same type of file. and size is about the same as well.
nicepeta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepeta View Post
you cant use navigation to play dvds,
and you cant take off the "OK",
but you can put pic in your screen.
all disc will works, just under different name.
but they are same type of file. and size is about the same as well.
That is not entirely true. If you get the adpater(the name is escaping me right now), You will be able to switch between your navigation system and a wired A/V source.

Do some research I am pretty sure that acurazine and this site has something about that.

But if you are looking to just put in a regular DVD and play it, that will not work.
ebayking90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #4

you can't use the stock dvd player but members here have done it before with an adapter... I'm doing this eventually but it's my last priority as of now. I need a dropppppppp
DIY: DVD to Navi Conversion(35+ pics)

I have the same problem as you with the ok screen bypass... I also have 5 files instead of 9 so it didn't work and eventually I just gave up.
v6 6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayking90 View Post
That is not entirely true. If you get the adpater(the name is escaping me right now), You will be able to switch between your navigation system and a wired A/V source.

Do some research I am pretty sure that acurazine and this site has something about that.

But if you are looking to just put in a regular DVD and play it, that will not work.
eh... i said you cant use navi disc player to play dvd but i didnt say you cant watch dvd on navi screen...=.=
cuz i am using my navi screen to watch DVD...LOL
all you need is a dvd player + adapter switch.
then you can watch dvd + a back view camera.
nicepeta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2008, 08:04 PM   #6

Ha! A trick question!
slab42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #7
Get Fuzzy

Send a message via AIM to kpdoughboy
I got the AVELECTRONIC video switcher and it's been working great for me. It's just really pricey. I think I spent about $900 and I installed it myself. Plus you'll have to get a DVD player on top of that.
kpdoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.