Accord V6 Forum banner

Cylinder 1&5 misfire and random misfire.

3K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  200366HFP 
#1 ·
I just installed my udp and right when i punched it the check engine light started blinking for 10 seconds or so then went off. I got on it again a few minutes down the road and it did it again. then I did it one more time and now it's staying on. Cylinder 1&5 misfire as well as random misfire. Would it have to do with the udp or do you guys think it just so happened to go on right after??

#3 ·
I did. It seems that it fixed its self. I only had this problem when punching it in first gear. I have done it a few times now without it happening.

#7 ·
Yep and only in 1st gear. I haven't had this problem the last 10 punches. So I think it sorted its self out. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the alternator moving slower.. idk??

#8 ·
No idea how. But haven't had the problem in a bit. Once I took the neg cable off it did it for two runs but then it hasn't done it since. Never felt any power loss or any backfires. It sounds and felt perfectly fine.

#10 ·
It did 4 times. I disconnected the battery and it continued for 2 more times and then it hasn't occurred again the 10 other times I have done it. So I think the computer fixed it. I think it had something to do with the alternator because i used the cars starter to break the crank bolt.

#12 ·
When I had that problem it was for bad spark plugs. When a past friend of mine had that problem it was also because spark plugs. It will only occur usually when there is excessive wheel spin & you just cant grip. I'm guessing because at least one cylinder cant keep up (spark plug, coil etc) or because so much constant wheel spin that car just starts panicking & flashes cel

The cel codes would be at least 2 cylinders p0305, p0302 & thirdly p0300 (all cylinders misfiring)

#15 ·
I've heard of that as well. I've never done it nor would, but that's me. Glad everything worked out for you man. How does the UDP feel? Update your thread :D And when you gettin' that Jpipe? ;)

#16 ·
Look for your response there!

#18 ·
I since my car has 60k and as far as i know it has never had the plugs changed i decided to do it myself. I go to take out the first plug and it spins right off, and i mean with ease as in i could have done it with my fingers.. So, I'm thinking that may have been my problem. I would think I'd have less pressure and thus less power but I never noticed anything. I'll take the rest out and see whats up. Oh and the spark plug tip was very white..

#20 ·
If I knew I could get a straight through exhaust that was very quiet I would. I'm outside while typing this and these rear plugs are a hassle

#22 ·
I had a 22 long 6in across resonator and a big muffler on my last car and it was still loud as hell. I also don't want to spend 300+ on two mufflers. Then another $100 for res and another 150+ for pipping for 7-8whp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.