Airbag Indicator Fail - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2017, 04:30 PM   #1

Airbag Indicator Fail

Hey everyone,

Sorry I don't come on this forum too often, but came up with an issue with my almost stock V6-6spd 2007 Honda Accord coupe. Only Mods on are the PCI LCA bushings and a skunk2 weighted shift knob, and K&N stock intake filter. About 105,000 miles.

Red Airbag Indicator light (SRS) will turn ON completely after car is driving. No intermittent flashing or anything. Seatbelt indicator light has NO issues. Started 3 days ago.

Things I HAVE DONE:
LOOKED ON YOUTUBE, LOOKED ON FORUMS.
1) Dismantled both driver and passenger seats, checked all my connections underneath both seats, all connected. (light still on)
2) Disconnected yellow connectors for SRS under both driver and passenger seats, and reconnected (light still on)
3) Disconnected blue connectors for seat belt sensor underneath both passenger and driver seats, and reconnected (light still on)
4) Removed steering column panels and got to yellow airbag connectors, made sure they had good contact and connected, no loose anything here. (light still on)
5) Removed passenger dash pocket to get to yellow airbag connectors, made sure I had good connection and no loose wires. (light still on)
6) Checked 10A SRS FUSE and removed, checked, coil is still great with no burn out or bad fuse, replaced. (light still on)
7) Lastly, disconnected my battery for 5 minutes, reconnected and put my radio code back in. (light still on)

REALLY not sure what else to do except bring it to the dealership, which I REALLY hate doing because I like doing mostly everything myself or another shop if needed.

Any feedback would be great, the ACCORD GODS on here are amazing. Hope all is well! Happy New Year everyone!!
flanneljon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2017, 01:11 PM   #2

I have the same issue on mine. I haven't looked deep enough on solutions to give you an answer, but what I do remember from the past is that the sensor in the belt buckle receiver was faulty. Back when these cars were under warranty, dealerships were replacing them for free. I have no idea what a dealership would charge now.

I've seen posts about spraying lubricant into the receiver, but stuff like this is only a temporary fix.
Ultrasilver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2017, 01:51 PM   #3
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

I have never let a dealer work on my 6th gen in the 13 years I have owned her but.....

If it is a seatbelt sensor that causes an issue with the SRS system then the dealer would replace/repair that part for free with no diagnostic charge because it deals with the "safety" system -- but, call Honda of America customer service to confirm as well as the dealer you plan to go to.

However, if it is something else, then you would be responsible for the diagnostic charge.

I don't know if the OBDII code scanners that Advance Auto, Autozone, etc. use will be able to read an error code from that system...but its worth a shot. Might help you figure out what you need to do to fix it yourself.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.