Accord V6 Forum banner

MT Mount Upgrade

21K views 81 replies 27 participants last post by  typer_mini 
#1 ·
I recently got in a 05 TL-S 6sp tranny for a swap I am doing and it had the lower mount still attached, after looking at it I saw that it would be a nice upgrade for our 7th gens so here it is and how to do it, in this case it was done with the K-Frame out of the car but could also be done easily with the frame still in the vehicle by just removing the 2 bolts that hold the passenger side mount in so you can rock the engine on the front and rear mounts.

The new mount installed.

The mount itself is a direct bolt on to the K-Frame you will need the following parts.
50860-SEP-A12 RUBBER, RR. TRANSMISSION MOUNTING (MT)
This is the mount and the bracket and sells online for about $65
50850-SEP-A12 RUBBER, FR. TRANSMISSION MOUNTING
This is the other side of the mount and is $28, now you DO NOT have to buy this part if you are willing to do a little work, in the pics below you can see a spacer that is welded onto the mount on our cars, all you have to do is cut off the spacer and it will work with the TL-S mount.

Once you cut off the spacer or buy the front portion of the mount just bolt them up to the frame and then to the tranny, the TL-S mount will provide much better control over the drivers side than the "rubber band style mount that we normally have.

See less See more
#15 ·
all of the people who invested in the innovative mounts should be jumping on this... its not expensive, will probably help the life of the innovative mounts on top of reducing engine movement, and you can really install it with the help of another person by taking off the driver side wheel (maybe having to undo the suspension to have better access)

#17 ·
here are pics to compare the two mounts.... theyre from parts websites.

heres the stock honda mount. the left circled piece is the piece that i still have in the car, on the left side of paul's pics (the part that we cut the spacer off of). on the right is the old mount... it's basically a metal bracket attached to a thin piece of rubber that connects to the car's frame

here is the new mount. on the left side is basically the same bracket i have now on the left side of the assembly. on the right is the new bracket... which is a solid metal arm that is bolted to the frame with a rubber bushing in the middle for a little flex. much beefier and stronger.
hope these pics help.

#23 ·
Bumping an oldie, but goodie.

I've been searching for these parts and the cheapest I've come up with for the bracket is $80. Where are you finding it for $65? And these are the only 2 parts I will need? And it bolts right up without any modifications?

#25 ·
Paul gave me the links to buy it...but I believed I paid more than $80...

BIG DIFFERENCE form the crappy oem style mount...

cheapest I just found them was 85 and 48 dollars each..
either they went up in price or that is Paul's discount through Acura...(wholesale account)

I guess Acura gets all the love...:p:p:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.