Accord V6 Forum banner

Broken bumper tab... How to fix?

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  davesv6 
#1 ·
So I was plowing the streets with my car today and when I get out I noticed the bumper was hanging off on one side. Closer inspection reveals the first tab at the wheel well/headlight is broken. Its the one where the screw goes through, not the clip in ones under the headlight.

How can I fix this or how much will it cost to repair. The bumper itself is fine but hanging off, such a PITA lol

#2 ·
I also had that tab break on my car (thanks to a Long Island Ferry Operator...) But to fix it I went to Harbor Freight and bought a plastic welder kit and "welded" it back together.

www[dot]harborfreight[dot]com/plastic-welding-kit-80-watt-iron-67102.html

The kit comes with everything you need to fix the bumper tab.

I followed the steps outlines in this video, www[dot]urethanesupply[dot]com/videobumpertab.php. It took me about 15 minutes to fix and its now stronger then it was originally.

*I dont have enough posts to post links yet so remove the [dot] and replace with an actual . to be able to see the links...

#4 ·
mine broke there too, i just put a big washer under the bolt and tightened the hell out of it. so its basically pinched together, and i also threw a little strip of 3m tape in between the bumper and fender. its been like that for a yr now. and no problems....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.