Small Questions Thread (Search First, Then Come Here) 7G Edition - Page 2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
I recommend a fluid service. Since summer is around the corner, I'd drain and refill oil, trans, and radiator. Than just an all around inspection. to make sure things are good. O-ring on power steering pump if its leaking. That's about what I commonly see at 60k. Cabin filter/air filter inspect and replace if you haven't done them yet.

The rest should pass with flying colors.

Than from there just oil changes and inspection. at 90-100k timing belt/water pump service.
Thanks! that's exactly what I was looking for.
veenie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #32
JDM UC1

my odyssey's timing belt was changed by previous owner at 90K miles. it has 144K miles right now. when do i need to have the belt changed again? i've read on the net every 105K miles or 7 years, w/c ever comes 1st? but i'm guesstimating when it reaches 180K miles?
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #33
2nd Gen CTSV

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect http://jforjustice.co.uk/banksters
Imageless83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 21st, 2011, 08:11 AM   #34
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG

yo...

okay I got my tsx mirrors and I have some general questions that search didnt help with...

1)I know the wires for the turn signal are the purple for the ground and the other for the pos wire, but I knew there was some wire near each door I could tap for the signal circuit?
anybody know what color and where the wires would be?

2)Can I just make a new hole in my door panel and just mount the tsx mirror? or will it sit in a funky angle or droop?

3)the heated option...how can I make it a switch on my door panel? did any coupe in a certain trim come with heated mirrors?
could I get an ex-l ex-6mt main window switch or would I need a switch in the blank to wire this up?
bdbconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:33 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
Post pictures of what you're referring to?
Okay finally can post some pics regarding my previous OEM front lip question:

This is the 2003 V6 6MT OEM Front Lip

Passenger-side ("closed")

Driver-Side ("open")

Is this difference normal?
Apulver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM   #36
NC Fresh

^^^are you referring to the "vent" one having a back and the other not? If So, the difference is a piece of plastic... when you remove them they come apart, it would appear one of the pieces is missing from your drivers side?
iakona08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakona08 View Post
^^^are you referring to the "vent" one having a back and the other not? If So, the difference is a piece of plastic... when you remove them they come apart, it would appear one of the pieces is missing from your drivers side?
Yes, the "back" is what I'm referring to.

Are you saying I can remove the entire passenger-side "vent" itself from the front lip and then remove the plastic backing? Because from what I recall (and from what my pictures depict) the entire "vent" is a single, solid piece... but I could be wrong...
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:33 AM   #38
NC Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apulver View Post
Yes, the "back" is what I'm referring to.

Are you saying I can remove the entire passenger-side "vent" itself from the front lip and then remove the plastic backing? Because from what I recall (and from what my pictures depict) the entire "vent" is a single, solid piece... but I could be wrong...
errr.... i'd hate to misinform you, wait for another members input before ripping apart your car... but i thought they seperate once you get them out of the bumper.
iakona08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakona08 View Post
errr.... i'd hate to misinform you, wait for another members input before ripping apart your car... but i thought they seperate once you get them out of the bumper.
I appreciate the honesty... I know there is a different type of non-HFP lip that has different (flatter-looking) "vents"

Anybody else have experience with this?
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM   #40

well, that's not the oem lip. that's just the bumper. and you're talking about the back? it should be a piece that snaps on. there should be 4 tabs and 4 holes on the bumped. but from the picture it just looks like there's a hole/crack in the driver side?
757Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:49 PM   #41

on another note, i have 2 questions real quick

i know there's a lot/few of you that have the usapec adapter for the ipod/ihpone. my first question is, is it worth the money? does the artist name, song title, etc appear on the screen? or does it just say ipod/aux?

secondly, would this be worth the purchase if my cd player has been out of commission for quite awhile. my radio works fine, but i haven't been able to get the cd player to work at all. when i sue the steering wheel control, it just says error and on the actual radio, i can't even push the dc/aux button. now would that error affect me hooking up the adapter and playing my ipod?
757Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Accord View Post
well, that's not the oem lip. that's just the bumper. and you're talking about the back? it should be a piece that snaps on. there should be 4 tabs and 4 holes on the bumped. but from the picture it just looks like there's a hole/crack in the driver side?
Actually the entire driver-side vent is open, so that air can pass freely through it. It is not just a hole or crack... it appears to have been made that way.

In contrast, the entire passenger-side vent is "closed" so that air would not be able to pass through it. I know that you can remove the vent as a whole, but we were discussing whether I could remove just the "backing" of the passenger-side vent so that it would look the same as the driver-side. Since then I have looked at the passenger-side vent in person and it appears to be a single, continuous piece of plastic.

Ultimately the question I have is (1) is it normal for a 2003 v6 6MT to have this difference in the front vents? and (2) if not, can I purchase an OEM replacement vent to make them match

Hope this makes sense...
Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM   #43
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apulver View Post
Actually the entire driver-side vent is open, so that air can pass freely through it. It is not just a hole or crack... it appears to have been made that way.

In contrast, the entire passenger-side vent is "closed" so that air would not be able to pass through it. I know that you can remove the vent as a whole, but we were discussing whether I could remove just the "backing" of the passenger-side vent so that it would look the same as the driver-side. Since then I have looked at the passenger-side vent in person and it appears to be a single, continuous piece of plastic.

Ultimately the question I have is (1) is it normal for a 2003 v6 6MT to have this difference in the front vents? and (2) if not, can I purchase an OEM replacement vent to make them match

Hope this makes sense...
Yes it is perfectly normal. I just painted a set for a customer and it was the same thing. Just get fogs if you don't like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:53 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexsoN View Post
Yes it is perfectly normal. I just painted a set for a customer and it was the same thing. Just get fogs if you don't like it.
Awesome, thanks for the info!
Old April 24th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #45
V6 USER

Im waiting the arrive of some set of leds units for the 06 07 taillights coupe conversion.

How do I will wire them? Someone know how to wire them? - a wiring diagram or something..
mojeorliy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2011, 01:43 PM   #46
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG

What do you guys use to detail your engine bay area?

I haven't cleaned my engine bay in a year or so and I would like to get it looking freshened up...
Negociator likes this.
bdbconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #47

My intake pipe has a tear in it, and pretty sure that's why my CEL keeps coming on and off.

What is the model number or the technical name of the pipe? I am trying to find it online.
wisdom_kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #48
2nd Gen CTSV

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect http://jforjustice.co.uk/banksters
Imageless83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #49
FG4

I don't think so, well hasn't worked for me

only key less entry is standard
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #50
V6 USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojeorliy View Post
im waiting the arrive of some set of leds units for the 06 07 taillights coupe conversion.

how do i will wire them? Someone know how to wire them? - a wiring diagram or something..
help help!
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #51
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojeorliy View Post
help help!
did you order the pigtails? just match up the color splice and solder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #52
V6 USER

How many cables has the led board? the same 3 that have the car? Or i just splice the ones with the same color?

Sorry but this picture confuse me: Is this from a sedan or coupe?

This are the cables from the car
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #53
Chris

Send a message via AIM to armyguy239
ok I have a few questions.... i have an 03 I4 coupe

I've noticed that alot of people upgrade to 18's. what are the usual reasons for it? pro's, Con's?

also I plan on getting Tein S. Techs. because those are lowest i've seen that can go on OEM shocks, is there another set of springs that go lower than the S. Techs for around the same price?

Is there a difference in s techs for the "v6" to I4??

is there a difference in wheel gap sizes between 17s and 18s with s techs?

and where so you coupe guys get the roof spoiler from?? all i see are CF ones off of Ebay...

thanks in Advance for answering

Last edited by armyguy239; April 30th, 2011 at 03:18 PM..
armyguy239 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #54
A Registered User, I am

How much does a set of brand new 7gen 6speed wheels go far
TKHOI87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #55

What you guys think on these enkei fujins?
blog.enkei.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/fujin.jpg

they are lil more than 18lbs with MAT technology. I was looking to get them in 18x8 +50 offset, how flush would that be on a 07 ex-l coupe and what mm spacers would I need to get them perfectly flushed with the fender?

Also any tire recommendations? I was thinking about the hankook evo v12 cause they seem to have pretty good reviews plus they do well in the rain..

Thanks

Last edited by Stout88; May 1st, 2011 at 02:58 PM..
Stout88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:21 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout88 View Post
What you guys think on these enkei fujins?
blog.enkei.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/fujin.jpg

they are lil more than 18lbs with MAT technology. I was looking to get them in 18x8 +50 offset, how flush would that be on a 07 ex-l coupe and what mm spacers would I need to get them perfectly flushed with the fender?

Also any tire recommendations? I was thinking about the hankook evo v12 cause they seem to have pretty good reviews plus they do well in the rain..

Thanks
Bump
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:11 AM   #57
Destroyer of Tires

That design is pretty old school but the functionality of the wheel is pretty much there. It's light weight and I'm guessing it's pretty inexpensive. That width and offset though is not going to be flush. To get them perfectly flush with the fenders will depend on how low you end up going.

Also, I can vouch for the Hankook Ventus V12s. I have them on my car and love them. I have no complaints.
Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:54 AM   #58
M!h@3L \_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom_kid View Post
My intake pipe has a tear in it, and pretty sure that's why my CEL keeps coming on and off.

What is the model number or the technical name of the pipe? I am trying to find it online.
I suggest visiting hondapartscheap.com. Enter your vehicle specific information (make, model, body style, engine) or VIN number. The engine diagrams with part number labels should help determine what you need
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyguy239 View Post
ok I have a few questions.... i have an 03 I4 coupe

I've noticed that alot of people upgrade to 18's. what are the usual reasons for it? pro's, Con's?

also I plan on getting Tein S. Techs. because those are lowest i've seen that can go on OEM shocks, is there another set of springs that go lower than the S. Techs for around the same price?

Is there a difference in s techs for the "v6" to I4??

is there a difference in wheel gap sizes between 17s and 18s with s techs?

and where so you coupe guys get the roof spoiler from?? all i see are CF ones off of Ebay...

thanks in Advance for answering
  1. 18" Wheels are more of a preference to the owner. More wheel, less tire = better aesthetics. Tires are slightly more expensive than 17s and there typically is added weight (i.e. more metal vs. air/tire)... Again, personal preference.
  2. Other options for springs would be Eibach Prokit, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Tanabe NF210. Please know that there are others.
  3. Yes there is a difference between the springs for the V6 and I4. Typically, the spring rates are determined based on engine weight. Most times the manufacturer recommends not to interchanged between the two. Self explanatory I hope.
  4. Wheel gap is based on tire rolling diameter and amount of lowering. For example, if you have 18" wheel with 235/40/18 tires vs. 17" wheels with 235/45/17 tires, the rolling diameter will be almost identical. The wheel gap should be the same between the two, with no change in lowering height between the two. Only difference is the tire side wall will be thicker on the 17s.
  5. Sorry, not sure on possible sites to locate the roof spoiler. GL!!
HEcreated487 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
That design is pretty old school but the functionality of the wheel is pretty much there. It's light weight and I'm guessing it's pretty inexpensive. That width and offset though is not going to be flush. To get them perfectly flush with the fenders will depend on how low you end up going.

Also, I can vouch for the Hankook Ventus V12s. I have them on my car and love them. I have no complaints.
I found them for $900 a set. I guess that's not too expensive for a new set of wheels but personally, it will break my wallet..

As for the drop i don't plan getting h techs springs and stock shocks for the time being(1.4 f .7 b). I do plan on getting full coilovers in the future but will but be going any lower than 2" front and 1.4" in back as it is my DD and i live in NYC..

Thanks for your input
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbconcepts View Post
What do you guys use to detail your engine bay area?

I haven't cleaned my engine bay in a year or so and I would like to get it looking freshened up...
i wipe mine down with a rag and bucket of water then spray it with wd 40 then wipe again. comes out decent but not "detailed"..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.