Small Questions Thread (Search First, Then Come Here) 7G Edition - Page 20 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2014, 01:46 PM   #571

Will 18X8 et55 8th/9th gen accord wheels fit a 7th gen coupe with a stock suspension? Fit meaning no rub/no issues at all?
Thanks
tkdking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 11th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #572
Honda enthusiast

Yes, they will fit with no issues.
michaellowrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #573

Anyone running morimoto 55w H11 hid bulbs in replica inspire fogs for a 7.5 gen? I currently have the morimoto 35w hid bulb in and the output is great but since all my window are tinted I have a hard time seeing at night and was wondering if getting the 55w ballasts would make a difference and wont damage the fogs.
BlackedOut07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 15th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #574

Can someone measure how much room is in the wheel well with a 2 inch drop in the front and 1 inch in the back (tein s-tech)? Also will 16 inch steel rims clear 6-6 coupe calipers?

My car is in Mississippi and I'm in Alaska trying to order snow tires and rims.

I appreciate the help.
Ilovemyvtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 5th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #575
Coldspeed

Those of you with navigation:

Do you still use it? Have they made an updated map disc recently? I have the 7th generation navigation which doesn't even work in my state, so I don't really use it, but I might be moving soon and miiiight use it. I guess it'd still be something like 97% accurate even though it's 10 years old.

Just curious.
Metaender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #576

After installing new exhaust and rv6 j pipe I'm getting a rattling when starting in 1st it continues at the start of every gear is it possibly the 2 flex pipes are hitting ? Was there a spacer that came with the pipe to keep them from touching ? This is the 2nd time bringing it back to the exhaust shop getting upset here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
05accord6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 29th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #577

After discovering that my piston rings were bad I've decided that I'm going to just put another engine in and build my first engine while its out. Then I thought maybe I should just drive it till it dies and buy a j32a3 and work on that or take my stock motor out and bore it to a 3.2 so I can use j32a3 parts? If someone could tell me the differences between the j30a4/5 and the j32a3 that'd be great. Btw I'm under the impression that they have the same crank just different bore? Differences between heads? Any knowledge is appreciated! Sorry if this have already been talked about but I was unable to find much.
stalloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2014, 11:46 AM   #578

Will my j30a5 6mt ecu be fine with the j30a4 6mt?
Old November 1st, 2014, 08:02 AM   #579
Mr. Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaender View Post
Those of you with navigation:

Do you still use it? Have they made an updated map disc recently? I have the 7th generation navigation which doesn't even work in my state, so I don't really use it, but I might be moving soon and miiiight use it. I guess it'd still be something like 97% accurate even though it's 10 years old.

Just curious.
I have a 2014 DVD so its pretty current. Still use it more than my phone (which I use mostly to check traffic) because the screen is bigger.

2004 Infiniti G35 6MT. Also super shiny.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 1st, 2014, 08:03 AM   #580
Mr. Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalloutboy View Post
After discovering that my piston rings were bad I've decided that I'm going to just put another engine in and build my first engine while its out. Then I thought maybe I should just drive it till it dies and buy a j32a3 and work on that or take my stock motor out and bore it to a 3.2 so I can use j32a3 parts? If someone could tell me the differences between the j30a4/5 and the j32a3 that'd be great. Btw I'm under the impression that they have the same crank just different bore? Differences between heads? Any knowledge is appreciated! Sorry if this have already been talked about but I was unable to find much.
Just buy a low mileage 3.2 and swap it in. Be a lot less work.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 06:14 AM   #581

So I just added pcds and I HATE the way it makes my car sound. Sounds like a straight piped civic. I have pcds jpipe 3rd cat and 3in single. Should I just add a resonator to reduce rhe rasp or a mid muffler? ?
Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:25 AM   #582
Carpe Diem

A resonator would definitely help. What kind of muffler do you have?
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:30 AM   #583

Hks hi power ti. Aka carbon ti without carbon wrap. Sounded perfect before pcds
Old November 6th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #584

General car question,

I lowered my car on h tech a few weeks ago, but have yet to get an alignment. I understand that proper alignment is needed for even tire wear. I was planning to get new wheels and tires next spring. Would it be fine if I waited until then to get an alignment? My car does not steer to one direction after letting go.
atrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrx View Post
General car question,

I lowered my car on h tech a few weeks ago, but have yet to get an alignment. I understand that proper alignment is needed for even tire wear. I was planning to get new wheels and tires next spring. Would it be fine if I waited until then to get an alignment? My car does not steer to one direction after letting go.
Firestone does lifetime alignment so you can get it done once a week if you really wanted to. I recommend getting that so you can get one before and after getting new wheels and tires.
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #586

About to buy a full 2004 j32a3 engine and just want to make sure I can run it without problems even though it's coming out of a 2004 auto trans tl. Also I have an AEM ems I'm going to have re pinned to my ecu.
Old November 10th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #587

Do I need j32a3 harness if I swap from j30a5 to j32a3?
Old November 24th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #588

hi v6p. i have a couple questions to ask. i am putting my car back to stock form and encountered a couple of problems. 1) while removing the lowering spring to put the original spring back on, i forgot to mark where the top hat lines up with the lower strut, and now have no idea how to line it up. 2) i was using coilovers for my rear and before i put them on, i did not know that the width of the bottom of the coils (the part where the bolt goes through) is smaller than the OEM. now the oem strut wont fit in. is there anything that i can do to fix these problems? thanks in advance
ddawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #589

Has anyone put the progress 24mm rear sway bar on their accord? I'm assuming it fits because the tl rear sway bar can be swapped over but I just want to be sure.
Old December 14th, 2014, 11:12 PM   #590
Mr. Detail

I'm fixing to order the Progress car. It will fit, already have the TL-S 20 mm rear bar on my car (and 27 mm front) and want to upgrade to the 24 mm bar in the rear to reduce oversteer.
stalloutboy likes this.
Old January 19th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #591

Long story short I wrecked my car. It is totaled and I'm most likely going to buy it back and part it out. I'm going to keep the trans, wiring harness, ecu and other various parts so I can HOPEFULLY do a j swap civic. It looks like a straight forward swap I only have questions about inspection and how that might work? I tried looking it up but could not find anything. If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Also I ironically wrecked on the way back from picking up wheels for my car 😆🔫
Old January 20th, 2015, 06:09 AM   #592
Carpe Diem

Damn man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear...
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2015, 01:41 PM   #593

How come no one seems to be turboing the j30a4/5 all the work everyone is doing to skin their way to 300hp na. I get why because reliability but I figured we would see some trubo builds by now. I mean all the civic j swaps are doing it. What's the first thing to go if we turbo the j30a4 ? Rods? Rotating assembly?
Old January 20th, 2015, 01:53 PM   #594

FRM sleeve and crappy ring land on the j30a4/5.

J32 all have steel sleeves so that would be a better platform to work with if you get better pistons and rings
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2015, 02:02 PM   #595

J32a3? Say you guys talking about rings in your nos thread. Suppose I should read a bit more in there. And probably Paul's m90 thread.
Old January 20th, 2015, 02:24 PM   #596

Was going to start my turbo build this summer until I wrecked my car. Still may do it depending on $ in the future. If there's enough interest I may have a buddy of mine start fabbing up a kit when he completely opens his shop.
Old January 20th, 2015, 02:44 PM   #597

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05accord6spd View Post
J32a3? Say you guys talking about rings in your nos thread. Suppose I should read a bit more in there. And probably Paul's m90 thread.
J32a3 has better sleeve but the ring land is also weak. I think they share the same ringland as the j35a8, but don't quote me. There a few blown turbo j's on acurazine recently.
Old January 27th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #598

has anyone tried putting any of the sedan rear lips on a coupe? really getting desperate to find something seeing how i can not find a rear lip for my car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 27th, 2015, 08:45 PM   #599
The name is Z

What sedan rear lips? OEM/HFP? Doesn't exist. If you're talking about aftermarket, get an aftermarket lip for the coupe. It'll fit better than an aftermarket one for the sedan.
CrackerTeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2015, 01:48 PM   #600

Fog Lights won't turn off

One day out of the blue my fog lights wouldn't turn off after my 30 min commute. Usually on the button to turn on the lights the there is a green indicator that shows it's on. The indicator was completely dead when I pushed it on and off and pushing it on and off didn't affect the lights.

So then I drove it to someone to take a look and the lights turned off. Since then I have been paying attention. The green light indicator flickers very lightly (can't even be seen during the day) and there is a low humming that accompanies it. The humming intensity seems to coordinate with the brightness of the indicator light. The fog lights only stay stuck on after a long drive. Never after a quick trip to the store etc. They always turn off if I completely turn off the car and then restart and drive for a min.

There is also an issue with excessive corrosion on the battery. I have brought it to two places in two weeks and they have both had to clean corrosion off the positive. Other strange things have been happening on the dash. Check engine lights have turned on, only to turn off next time I start the car. Once the "D" on the dash blinked and then next time was fine.

Everything feels OK with the car. It seems to drive the same. The code from the two places I have taken it to say there is an issue with the transmission. The last place said it was the clutch pressure control solenoid valve C. They also said I needed a new battery, new battery cable, alternator, and new solenoid. This doesn't seem right to me. Does anyone have some insight?
hall3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.