Small Questions Thread (Search First, Then Come Here) 7G Edition - Page 22 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2016, 01:53 PM   #631

Buying a 2005 V6 Standard Accord EX Saturday and want to start getting some ideas on good mods for it, Anything from cosmetics to performance. Also I do not know much about in-depth performance. Just done simple things as far as oil, plugs and wires, etc. It has the nav system in it and I am wanting to add an AUX cord for my phone. Any info with help. Thanks guys!!
BigRayJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2016, 05:25 PM   #632
Mr. Detail

Long tube J-pipe and a TL-S rear anti-roll bar are the biggest bang for the buck mods. I know you can do an aux out on the nav system but for me I just burned my music onto CDs.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2016, 05:27 PM   #633
Mr. Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadumpt View Post
Sometimes when I turn my headlights on, one of the low beams stays off.
If I turn the headlights off and on again, most times I can get both lights to come on.

I purchased the car a month ago and the PO had Silverstars in in the low beams.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Have you checked to be sure the connection is tight?

Old January 23rd, 2016, 11:07 PM   #634

Does anyone know the part numbers for the four-door V6 emblem kits for an 04 Accord. Both the V6 gold kit and the gold V6 Hybrid kit? 4door specific for both. Also, anyone know of good rim repair place in Northern California?
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2016, 09:28 AM   #635

What is a good lowering spring and shock combination for a 2007 sedan. I want to drop it 2" all the way around. Don't see myself adjusting it after install so I think coilovers not really what I need.

Factory 17" wheels.
Slick77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2016, 09:07 PM   #636

Looking to sell my wheels and picking up a set of 06-08 Si stocks from my buddy. Anybody aware of any clearance issues I may run into? going to be traveling to swap them out and don't want to be stranded 3 hours from home. My car is an 05 v6-6spd factory brakes
alec_av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2016, 06:01 AM   #637
Carpe Diem

What are the wheel specs?
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2016, 08:29 PM   #638
Czechopino

Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by alec_av6 View Post
Looking to sell my wheels and picking up a set of 06-08 Si stocks from my buddy. Anybody aware of any clearance issues I may run into? going to be traveling to swap them out and don't want to be stranded 3 hours from home. My car is an 05 v6-6spd factory brakes
They'll fit perfectly. Been done many a time.
alec_av6 likes this.
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 16th, 2016, 06:50 PM   #639

Just busted my oil pan. Need to know quick, is there any difference in oil pans for 03-07 v6's? Mine is a 6spd
alec_av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 16th, 2016, 07:06 PM   #640
Czechopino

Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by alec_av6 View Post
Just busted my oil pan. Need to know quick, is there any difference in oil pans for 03-07 v6's? Mine is a 6spd
Same oil pans on mt or at

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
alec_av6 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2016, 12:25 AM   #641

Hey guys, so my inspire foglights relay crapped out on me since it got exposed to the rain and got a new one but not the exact same one. It fits and my fogs worked for a little bit but then my driver side blew out but the passenger works. So could it be the relay that blew it? I just find it weird how it just happened to have blown right after replacing the relay on the same day.
WinstonDouble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2016, 01:10 PM   #642

Hey everyone new to forum been reading as much as I can on here and finally got around to signing up. I have a 03 honda accord coupe 6 6mt with front right damage..the wheel was pushed all the back up against the wheel well iv since put the car on jack stands and proceeded to assess the damage my dumb questions....from what I can tell the lca itself does not look bent the only noticeable thing I can see is that the middle subframe mount is completely broken all the way threw and at the front of the lca were it mounts to the subframe the rubber bushing inside of it is completely busted ...could those two things cause my wheel to be pushed all the way back obv picture would be helpful iv taken some just can't post them yet any info would be greatly appreciated
Ajbialeck92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2016, 11:52 AM   #643

Hoping someone knowledgeable will see this post >> today, I noticed a piece of weatherstripping has come loose from my sunroof >> about 24" long, came from the forward section of the sunroof, underneath the wind deflector.

Would love some advice on exactly how it is supposed to go back in, and if I can just reinstall it myself >> money is tight these days, can't afford to have it fixed in a shop....

2007 Accord Coupe.
InkSlug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2016, 03:30 AM   #644

Thanks for sharing this.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 2nd, 2016, 08:57 PM   #645

New 2003 Accord 6/6 owner, stepping up from my EJ6 Civic. Sapphire Blue (little bit of swirling, but 13 year old paint, and the sheet metal is still perfect), black leather, it's basically exactly what I wanted. Bought at just shy of 130k, did the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, 5W20 Pennzoil Platinum, PureONE filter, OEM air and cabin filters, Denso plugs, and OEM MTF. Tossed some cheap fog lights on it, yellow HIDs for the fogs. Even set up the garage door opener. After my Civic with no AC, no power steering, and having to swap and supercharge to get any kind of power, the Accord 6/6 is a HUGE improvement. It has it's quirks, though.

First off, the CEL came on a little while ago, P2195. Borrowed a friend's reader, pulled code, reset code, didn't turn back on. Couple weeks later, same code popped up again. Had it pulled at Advance, they wouldn't reset it, but after a hard 2nd gear pull, it turned itself off. Alright, whatever. Week later, on again, same code. Said **** it, bought a new Bosch wideband, installed, CEL went off. Thought I had it fixed, and then it came back on today. Pulled code, and boom, P2195 again. Searched, and found7 sy272004's TSB link. Is there anything else I should look at before diving into trying to get the dealership to do the TSB work without charging me an arm and a leg? Freeze frame data:

Fuel Sys 1: OL
Fuel Sys 2: OL
Calc load (%): 56.1
ECT(*F): 80.6
STFT B1: 0.0
LTFT B1: 0.8
STFT B2: 0.0
LTFT B2: -3.9
MAP(inHg): 16.8
RPM: 1067
Speed: 0
Spark Adv: -1.0
IAT: 77*F
TPS(%): 18.8
Rel TPS(%): 9.4

This was right at first start of the day, engine cool, and the CEL came on immediately after starting. I hadn't touched the gas pedal, so the TPS numbers confuse me, but I don't know if that's relevant at all. So, anything else seem out of line, or should I go ahead and call the zone office and start the TSB repair process?

Next question, my windows are kind of...derpy. The driver window has been working without problems until today, when it would roll itself back down after I told it to roll up. It did it a few times, then it rolled up and stayed up. The passenger window, however, goes pants-on-head-retarded sometimes. It seems more common when it rains. I'll press the button, and it won't move. Passenger presses their button, still doesn't move. After sometimes 2 seconds, never longer than a minute, you can hear a relay clicking noise, and then the window works just fine, until it decides to act up again. I don't even know where to start in trying to figure that out. Anyone had anything similar, or can anyone point me in a direction to start? I'm comfortable with a voltmeter, and with the cluster that is power door relays (converted my old Civic to power windows without using an OEM harness), I just don't even know where step 1 would be with this car.

Third and finally, after I fix the actual problems, I want to do a little bit of aftermarket without drawing too much unwanted attention from cops or thieves. I'm looking at Llumar window tint (AIR 90 windshield, Ceramic 40% rear, 70% front), Tein Street Advance suspension, and either XLR8 or RV6 long tube J pipe. Smart? Dumb? Since I'll be leaving the pre-cats alone, I won't run into any issues running a long tube without that cat, will I? Or would I be better served keeping the stock J pipe, and getting pre-cat deletes? I've always thought Tein was good hardware, but is the price tag a "too good to be true" thing, or am I over-analyzing?

With my Civic, I knew everything I needed to just from working on it for so long, but the Accord is a new world for me, and I'm liking it so far. If I should be making my own thread, just...poke me with a stick or something, and I'll un**** myself :P
jbpnoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 12th, 2016, 07:36 PM   #646

accord vs IS300

Quick question here guys.

I'm new car shopping and have narrowed my search to the 7th gen accord (obviously) and a 01-05 Lexus IS300. I haven't driven either yet, planning on doing that this weekend. Was just curious if anyone had any (non biased hopefully) opinions on one versus the other. My own research has led me to the following conclusions however they may be wrong:

-Lexus will is more reliable
-Lexus will handle better
-Honda faster in straight line
-Honda much more interior room
-Honda better gas mileage

Has anyone driven both and compare the fun factor? Also how cramped is the Lexus? I'm 6' 200 pounds and like to workout so I'm pretty wide in the back and shoulders.

Thanks guys!
tniemuth95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 13th, 2016, 08:47 AM   #647
Mr. Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpnoman View Post

Third and finally, after I fix the actual problems, I want to do a little bit of aftermarket without drawing too much unwanted attention from cops or thieves. I'm looking at Llumar window tint (AIR 90 windshield, Ceramic 40% rear, 70% front), Tein Street Advance suspension, and either XLR8 or RV6 long tube J pipe. Smart? Dumb? Since I'll be leaving the pre-cats alone, I won't run into any issues running a long tube without that cat, will I? Or would I be better served keeping the stock J pipe, and getting pre-cat deletes? I've always thought Tein was good hardware, but is the price tag a "too good to be true" thing, or am I over-analyzing?

With my Civic, I knew everything I needed to just from working on it for so long, but the Accord is a new world for me, and I'm liking it so far. If I should be making my own thread, just...poke me with a stick or something, and I'll un**** myself :P
Tint is always a good idea. I have the XLR8 v2 J-pipe on my car and the improvement was noticeable especially in the midrange. Zero issues with CEL's with it. Precat deletes make power but at the expense of rasp unless you add another resonator. Plus if your state does emissions testings on rollers (here they just go by codes) or does a visual inspection you probably won't pass with deletes.

2004 Infiniti G35 6MT. Also super shiny.
Old July 15th, 2016, 10:11 PM   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by tniemuth95 View Post
Quick question here guys.

I'm new car shopping and have narrowed my search to the 7th gen accord (obviously) and a 01-05 Lexus IS300. I haven't driven either yet, planning on doing that this weekend. Was just curious if anyone had any (non biased hopefully) opinions on one versus the other. My own research has led me to the following conclusions however they may be wrong:

-Lexus will is more reliable
-Lexus will handle better
-Honda faster in straight line
-Honda much more interior room
-Honda better gas mileage

Has anyone driven both and compare the fun factor? Also how cramped is the Lexus? I'm 6' 200 pounds and like to workout so I'm pretty wide in the back and shoulders.

Thanks guys!
You've basically summed it up. I think the handling will be closer than you think. Also, the is 300 is kinda tough to find in a manual.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
SaamiPC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2016, 11:21 PM   #649
Nut

Hello,

Did a search on starters and this came up.

In the past few weeks or so, the car has struggled to start. There would times where the car would start perfectly, and then would be times when the car would struggle. By struggle I mean, it would turn but stall out as if there wasn't enough juice to crank it up.

When it loses power and stalls out, I would remove the key and retry; each time holding the turned key a tad longer to get it going.

I noticed this issue during the morning and after work. I just cleaned the battery terminal today, so we'll see. I would hate for the car to stall out somewhere.

Any ideas? I just changed the battery about 1 1/2 years ago. The battery is from wal-mart and has a 2014 stamp.

Thanks.
Nut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2016, 08:59 AM   #650
Calm like a bomb

Map Lights are being stupid

Got a strange one here.

The map lights (up front in the homelink/sunglasses holder) work/don't work. When I open my door the lights will not come on (yes I checked the bulbs, thanks for asking). They did for a while then stopped so I did the first logical step when an electrical issue arises, I hit it a few times with my hand, and BOOM! They started working again! Then after a while they stopped and I started having the same problem with the dome light (behind the sunroof) Obviously I've tried toggling the switch from DOOR/OFF and back, no luck. When I push the lens cover they turn on manually no problem. When I open the door the courtesy lights still come on (in the door pockets by the door jamb). I've had the assembly apart a few times and all the connections are in good shape. I cant get my tester tool in there because the ground lead is too short to find a proper ground and I don't want to fry the sumbich. Anyone else have/had this problem? I know it's pretty minor but I like things to all be working at 100%.
StevilKnievel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2016, 02:58 AM   #651

What wiil be better j33 or j30 with 3.7 intake and RL cams?
sasa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2016, 09:40 PM   #652
Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut View Post
Hello,

Did a search on starters and this came up.

In the past few weeks or so, the car has struggled to start. There would times where the car would start perfectly, and then would be times when the car would struggle. By struggle I mean, it would turn but stall out as if there wasn't enough juice to crank it up.

When it loses power and stalls out, I would remove the key and retry; each time holding the turned key a tad longer to get it going.

I noticed this issue during the morning and after work. I just cleaned the battery terminal today, so we'll see. I would hate for the car to stall out somewhere.

Any ideas? I just changed the battery about 1 1/2 years ago. The battery is from wal-mart and has a 2014 stamp.

Thanks.
I noticed that my CD unit going crap, and I dunno if this is part of it. Again, I notice weak starts, but normal starts as well. I took the car for a check and they couldn't find anything. I dunno if it's battery or starter or some other electrical issue. Could it be fuse related? ughh..
Old December 10th, 2016, 01:09 PM   #653
Nut

Went ahead w/ the starter replacement process as changing the battery didn't do anything.

I'm wondering if there's anything else I should do w/ the intake mani somewhat out of the way. Thanks

Last edited by Nut; January 2nd, 2017 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Narrowed Down
Old January 2nd, 2017, 09:05 PM   #654
Nut

Bump help for starter.

Car just wouldn't crank up, sounded like it was struggling. Hopefully changing the starter does the trick.

You guys went OEM rebuild or AUTO ZONE? thanks
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:08 PM   #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec_Sheikhani View Post
Hey guys I was just wondering what is a good price range to have some one do a basic retrofit with hids and blacked out on the inside? thanks for the help in advance.
I did my retro fit on my accord for around 150 or so. I bought the Bi-xenon ACME H1 Standard and they work great!I wouldn't compare them to a much more expensive brand but they're definitely a lot better than the oem reflectors
Holaimbrent96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:41 PM   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick77 View Post
What is a good lowering spring and shock combination for a 2007 sedan. I want to drop it 2" all the way around. Don't see myself adjusting it after install so I think coilovers not really what I need.

Factory 17" wheels.
I have the Eibach sportline lowering springs with 17" tl wheels. It's about a 2 inch drop or so but it's nothing too aggressive and still looks good.
Holaimbrent96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.