Small Questions Thread (Search First, Then Come Here) 7G Edition - Page 3 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #61

i know there's a lot/few of you that have the usapec adapter for the ipod/ihpone. my first question is, is it worth the money? does the artist name, song title, etc appear on the screen? or does it just say ipod/aux?

secondly, would this be worth the purchase if my cd player has been out of commission for quite awhile. my radio works fine, but i haven't been able to get the cd player to work at all. when i sue the steering wheel control, it just says error and on the actual radio, i can't even push the dc/aux button. now would that error affect me hooking up the adapter and playing my ipod?
757Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #62
J35 6Spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Accord View Post
i know there's a lot/few of you that have the usapec adapter for the ipod/ihpone. my first question is, is it worth the money? does the artist name, song title, etc appear on the screen? or does it just say ipod/aux?

secondly, would this be worth the purchase if my cd player has been out of commission for quite awhile. my radio works fine, but i haven't been able to get the cd player to work at all. when i sue the steering wheel control, it just says error and on the actual radio, i can't even push the dc/aux button. now would that error affect me hooking up the adapter and playing my ipod?
I have the USAspec kit and love it.. charges the iphone and plays music. Sounds from the phone (text message, ringer, but NOT phone conversations) also play through the car speakers so I don't miss calls or texts. I have navi, and no artist or title information shows up on my screens. Only an arbitrary track number (says track 1 when the kit is hooked up, then just goes up or down when you advance tracks). So on the screen it just says "CDC" (refers to the aux input).

The USA spec kit also has a RCA input, to which I have a headphone - RCA cable connected for hooking up my laptop when my fiance wants to watch a movie on a long trip.

Regarding your stereo issues... the CD/AUX button is used to switch from the radio to the ipod input.. so there may be an issue if the button isn't working. best bet is to purchase the kit from somewhere you can return it to if necessary.
Kschwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #63

^ appreciate the response Kschwiggy. i think i have the usual honda radio problem. cd player doesn't work but radio does. i can get to the cd/aux part when i use the steering wheel controls. it switches it to that but the aux/cd button doesn't. i'm hoping to get it and that it works. just wnated to get some feedback on the pro's and cons before i buy it.

btw, did you go to the meet in lorton, va last weekend?
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #64

humming/whining noise. is this problem caused by wheel bearing or tires?
ddawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #65

Quote:

Just to be clear, it's your cd player mode that's not working and not the cd/xm button that switches between the modes correct?

It should works just fine even though your cd player is malfunctioning. When installing the usapec, The aux wire should be replacing the wire from the cd/xm on the back of the radio unless you get a y splitter cable from Honda so that you can still get the xm radio but not the cd mode; for some reason your cd mode will be bypassed with or without the splitter cable.
Stout88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #66
NC Fresh

Front Tow hook.... Okay, so i know they are kinda gay to some people, and JDM to others.... but i'd like one for REAL towing purposes.... the other week i ALMOST had to tow my car, and it would have been a ***** to tow it with it being so low, SO.... i feel that asking the board THE BEST OPTION as far as functionality / looks thats offered for the 7th gen coupes... someone said they just got a benen (sp?) hook and used metal plates and drilled into the frame... but are their OTHER, BETTER options anyones run across?

Thanks guys!
iakona08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #67
JHNY KASH

Quote:
+1 love my usa spec
JohnnyK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #68
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg View Post
May need a better description than that. It could be either. I've had bald tires that were loud as hell, and I've heard of wheel bearings making a ton of noise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:49 AM   #69

So i know that the transmissions are known to give out. Is that just for v6 accords, 4cly accords, or both?
Ownagespot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #70
JHNY KASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg View Post
what about a dust shield by the brakes.. mine was like a humming noise and then i realized i bent the shield when doing my brakes.. no more of that. just trying to help
JohnnyK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
May need a better description than that. It could be either. I've had bald tires that were loud as hell, and I've heard of wheel bearings making a ton of noise.
my tires are not bald, so im guessing it can be the wheel bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
what about a dust shield by the brakes.. mine was like a humming noise and then i realized i bent the shield when doing my brakes.. no more of that. just trying to help
hmm. that might me the problem. can you give me some info on how you fixed that? thanks
ddawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #72

CEL light came on today. Auto Zone guy checked it out and it was error code P2631 which he told me was for the AF sensor. Is this something serious.
6MTACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #73
A Registered User, I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
yeahh I've been having that problem lately. How did you fix it? replace/remove the dust shield?

QUESTION: Does anyone know the recommended inlet size of the silicone coupler for the aem v2?
TKHOI87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #74
jey

I did the navi conversion on my car w/ AcuraHondaExpert on ebay. My car is a 6/6 so I had the 180 watt sound system. He said the 6MT's non navi 180 watt stereos have an external factory amp. But the navi units have an internal amp. So basically he said with the conversion its like I have 2 amps. The music (to me at least) is noticeably louder. Can anyone confirm this or is it just in our heads?
jey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownagespot View Post
So i know that the transmissions are known to give out. Is that just for v6 accords, 4cly accords, or both?
It's for v6 accords and i fear mine is going out. i have a v6 coupe 03 at 116k. Sometimes second gear vibrates and now im hearing a whining noise smh.
Reggiecush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiecush View Post
It's for v6 accords and i fear mine is going out. i have a v6 coupe 03 at 116k. Sometimes second gear vibrates and now im hearing a whining noise smh.
Oh damn, that sucks . Thanks for answering the question btw. And i guess that means you can go with a tranny swap lol
Ownagespot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #77

Do any of you know how to install the oem window visors? I checked the box and it came with no instructions.. do I have to remove the weather stripping or no? Any help would be great
inspire1318 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #78
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspire1318 View Post
Do any of you know how to install the oem window visors? I checked the box and it came with no instructions.. do I have to remove the weather stripping or no? Any help would be great
the directions are way to technical. You don't have to take anything off. just use your common sense and the install will be simple.

NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #79

i know this is probably a stupid question, but just out of curiosity, has anyone tried/done those brembo caliper covers? lol just figured i'd ask.
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #80
Destroyer of Tires

People have done that and have forever been labeled posers.
Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MTACCORD View Post
CEL light came on today. Auto Zone guy checked it out and it was error code P2631 which he told me was for the AF sensor. Is this something serious.
Anyone?
6MTACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #82
A Registered User, I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspire1318 View Post
just stick the clips in between the weather strips and one will go over the strip if i remember correctly. and just peel the tape and put some pressure. hope this helps.
TKHOI87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #83

Had some bird crap and pollen on my car the other day so I had to wash it. There were also these little brownish/reddish stain marks resembling tiny rain drops.

After washing, I noticed the reddish/brownish stains were gone but the little spots are still there.

It seems as it ate through the clear coat. Not sure what to do now.

Anybody have any idea what to do?
newman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #84

Hey guys quick question, I want to make sure that 18" v6 accord coupe rims and TL A-Spec 18" such as (Honda Acura 18 A-Spec wheels factory OEM TL TSX NEW SET | eBay) will fit my stock 7th gen with no problems and no modifications of any kind?
Mugen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #85

Would it be possible to use a tsx intake on the v6 accord. Sounds odd but the mugen, j's, group m, and ct all have the intake box in the same spot that the stock one was on the accord (sit's in between the battery and fuse box). the only modifying would be the tube connecting the air box and throttle body...so would this be possible to do? It would be sexy to have a cf mugen airbox.

here is a picture of it: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...ound-clip.html

Last edited by inspire1318; June 1st, 2011 at 07:24 AM..
inspire1318 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2011, 03:31 PM   #86
Chris

Send a message via AIM to armyguy239
ok so quick question.... i have these, 4 Used 18x7.5 5-110/114.3 45CB Enkei EVO5 Wheel/Rim - eBay (item 320695557481 end time May-11-11 08:37:05 PDT)

i was recommended to use 225/40

i just bought these
Kumho Ecsta AST

i just got a call from Tire rack saying these tires would not fit my ride...is this true???

thanks for your help
armyguy239 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2011, 03:36 PM   #87
Bobby Lane Racing

tire rack bases it off the stock spec. they are not aware taht you have after market wheels.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:49 PM   #88
Chris

Send a message via AIM to armyguy239
ok so does that mean it will fit with the specs i gave from previous quote? and i have another question, trying to get pointed in the right direction for lugnuts with locks on them...
armyguy239 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:26 AM   #89

Send a message via AIM to andrewchopstick
Quick question, where do you adjust the vertical aim on the headlights?
andrewchopstick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:59 AM   #90
k24
FRAUDULENT SELLER

Send a message via MSN to k24 Send a message via Yahoo to k24
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewchopstick View Post
Quick question, where do you adjust the vertical aim on the headlights?

Sorry for the poor quality pic but it shows what you need. to adjust them you will need a 10mm socket with a 4 inch extension put it to the adjusting bolt/screw on the back of the housing. Turn clockwise/ counterclockwise to get the pattern you are looking for. gl
k24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.