Small Questions Thread (Search First, Then Come Here) 7G Edition - Page 5 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:51 AM   #121

Just got an 03 Accord EX v6 with an aem cold air intake and have been searching these threads the last few days to gain some knowledge. I understand that the j-pipe increases power but would combing a cat back exhaust see gains also? My main goal is performance without noise (except at WOT) so i would like to see if anyone had any input on a set up that could help me accomplish that. I was thinking of starting with rv6 j-pipe and pre cat deletes. Would that be ok on my stock exhaust?
Nick000468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #122

What is that black plastic piece under the car that protects the components and guide airflow called? It attaches with the wheel well liner.
nuron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2011, 07:40 AM   #123

Anyone have the dimensions of the oem accord shift boot? Or just the height.

Thanks
darkness_cl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 21st, 2011, 07:41 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuron View Post
What is that black plastic piece under the car that protects the components and guide airflow called? It attaches with the wheel well liner.
Weather guard?
Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:43 PM   #125

Probably a stupid question, but a friend of mine has a 7th gen sedan and is getting rid of his grill, I have an 05 coupe, will his grill fit on mine?
Let's Get It is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:01 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Get It View Post
Probably a stupid question, but a friend of mine has a 7th gen sedan and is getting rid of his grill, I have an 05 coupe, will his grill fit on mine?
Not without custom work
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness_cl View Post
Not without custom work
zip ties. i have the sedan mesh grill on my coupe.
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #128

Pics?
Let's Get It is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Accord View Post
zip ties. i have the sedan mesh grill on my coupe.
that would work... but his is an 05
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #130

Send a message via AIM to andrewchopstick
At my local shop they told me i needed to replace "2 exhaust manifold, two catalytic converter. y-pipe" Instead of replacing with stock parts im hoping to replace them with performance parts.

Im guessing the 2 cats and y-pipe can be replaced with rv6 j-pipe and precats delete? is that right?

and what are exhaust manifolds? do they sell performance parts to replace that too?
andrewchopstick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #131
I <3 My J30A4

Well which two cats is he talking about? The front and back cats of the motor or the cat that is part of the cat back and one/or front or back cat of the motor? And your Y-pipe? Why would that need to be replaced?? That is where the pipes split to go to your mufflers. I have never heard that having to be replaced ( on our cars ) unless u have a leak there?. And what exactly happened to your exhaust manifolds?
qnzthg89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:20 AM   #132

Freeway construction i hit a big bump going 70mph and it hit the j-pipe cracking the oil pan etc etc. and all of that is broken along with it.

So for y-pipe i can just get an exhaust. not sure about everything else?
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:01 PM   #133
I <3 My J30A4

If it is your front cat and back cat of the motor yea, you can get the pre cat deletes and then richies j pipe.. as for the exhaust manifolds im not sure. but gl hope i helped
qnzthg89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:57 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewchopstick View Post
At my local shop they told me i needed to replace "2 exhaust manifold, two catalytic converter. y-pipe" Instead of replacing with stock parts im hoping to replace them with performance parts.

Im guessing the 2 cats and y-pipe can be replaced with rv6 j-pipe and precats delete? is that right?

and what are exhaust manifolds? do they sell performance parts to replace that too?
Exhaust manifolds are what they call headers in the aftermarket world. For that I believe you have to go oem, since there are none aftermarket for v6 accords
Old September 22nd, 2011, 09:48 PM   #135

Yeah it was good help. Thanks!
Old September 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #136

Hey Guys, quick question.

So I lowered my car on Megan SS coilovers to about 1 finger gap front and .5 finger gap rear and when I'm driving, especially when roads are like this ___/------ I hear this feint rubbing sound. Any idea what that is? I also hear it when I'm going downhill and back up as well if that helps.

I thought it was the bumper at first, or maybe the splash guards, but I'm not sure. Could it even be the tire rubbing on the fender?
THAiPHOON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM   #137

can anybody link me to 12 mm x1.5 tuner lug nuts that use a 11/16" shank/hex (uses 17mm socket wrench). ive been searching all over but they are all 3/4 and use 19mm wrench which wont fit in the wheel. ty!! they have to be open ended or acorn
mugenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAiPHOON View Post

So I lowered my car on Megan SS coilovers to about 1 finger gap front and .5 finger gap rear and when I'm driving, especially when roads are like this ___/------ I hear this feint rubbing sound. Any idea what that is? I also hear it when I'm going downhill and back up as well if that helps.

I thought it was the bumper at first, or maybe the splash guards, but I'm not sure. Could it even be the tire rubbing on the fender?
When you are sitting in your car im sure its sitting lower than it would be if you got out to check out what is going on. From personal experience.. im going to say it is the tire rubbing the inner fender... There is no fix to that really..
Evolved1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAiPHOON View Post

tire rubbing the fender liner.
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #140
Mr. Detail

Got a few questions

1. Is there an aftermarket navigation DVD update or do I have to go through Honda?

2. Front seat seems to move in it mounts occasionally, mostly on left turns. I bought the car from my Dad and going through all the service records, I see that he had taken the car in for that problem and it was apparently fixed. Anything I can do to rectify the situation myself?

3. Does an aftermarket upper strut bar stiffen up the front end beyond the two short bars that connect the strut towers to the firewall?

4. Do oiled air filters like K&N affect the MAF sensors the way they do in Nissans?
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #141

So I am in need of new brakes soon and was considering the Acura Legend dual piston caliper swap. I have a 06 v6 auto, my question is where do I get the bracket to mount the caliper? and would some brake pads from a 05 TSX fit? Also as I am looking at calipers online they come in semi loaded or loaded which one is preferred for the swap?
Vtec_Sheikhani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:29 PM   #142
Elplaguitaftw

What do you guys think?

03 04 05 HONDA ACCORD COUPE OEM HFP STYLE FRONT LIP KIT | eBay

I dont have much money and im looking to buy the front lip for now. I know 1hondaparts has it but is $231. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I haz Accord!
Lil'Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:39 PM   #143

It's fiberglass and these rarely fit right outta the box so be prepared to do abit of work to get it to fit right (you may even have to add fiberglass in some places I know kits like these sometimes come in with fiberglass so thin you can see through it) and you will have to get it painted...and even if you get all that done they are prone to cracking which means more fiberglass work and a repaint...so if you have to pay someone to do this the cost might actually be more then buying a true OEM lip just some food for thought
Rushzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #144
Elplaguitaftw

Oh Thanks i thought it said it was plastic. As far as the fiberglass i can prob do that but as far as the paint im gonna have to go through someone if i were to get it.

I guess ill save up some more and get the OEM.
Lil'Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #145
NC Fresh

I did a search and didnt find much off. I want to go lower, and im thinking about cutting out a part of my wheel well where my upper camber bottoms out on the wheel well...... anyone have pictures of video of someone doing this? I neeedz mooooar lowww
iakona08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
Got a few questions

1. Is there an aftermarket navigation DVD update or do I have to go through Honda?

2. Front seat seems to move in it mounts occasionally, mostly on left turns. I bought the car from my Dad and going through all the service records, I see that he had taken the car in for that problem and it was apparently fixed. Anything I can do to rectify the situation myself?

3. Does an aftermarket upper strut bar stiffen up the front end beyond the two short bars that connect the strut towers to the firewall?

4. Do oiled air filters like K&N affect the MAF sensors the way they do in Nissans?
For number 2 i forget what the pieces are called (very tired after working all night) but i think the rubber spacers that go between seat bracket and the floor mounts are the culprit due to being worn out. Mine do the same thing and others have this issue. Common fix for it is to take the seat out and turn them 90 degrees or just buy new ones and install. Ive seen a write up for this on here.
Jakefrom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #147
Mr. Detail

Thanks Jake, I'll try that and see if it works.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
Thanks Jake, I'll try that and see if it works.
No problem. For the strut bars ive seen pictures of people using the stock one and an aftermarket at the same time. My guess is that an aftermarket would help stiffen it up a bit.
Jakefrom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #149

hey v6p. I'm having a problem with the window on my front passenger side. I can hear the motor running when I roll up the windows, but the window itself won't come up. The only way to get it up is if I pull it up. Window rolls down fine. Has anyone ever had this problem?any solutions? Thanks! =]
ddawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #150
Destroyer of Tires

Could be the regulator. If the motor is running, it could still be working fine. Just pop the door panel off and pull the regulator out. :thumbsup:

You could see if anything is wrong that way.
Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.