Small Questions Thread (Search First, Then Come Here) 7G Edition - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Destroyer of Tires

Small Questions Thread (Search First, Then Come Here) 7G Edition

It's been brought to my attention that there are threads at times that really don't need to have their own thread. So this is the place to ask your questions that are too small to make your own thread.

RULES:

1) DO NOT MESS UP THIS THREAD. Unnecessary, stupid replies will be deleted. People that are being unnecessarily annoying should be reported to a mod, so that person can be dealt with.

2) DON'T POST UNLESS YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION OR ANSWERING ONE!

3) DO NOT BE AN ASS OR SARCASTIC! This thread is for all those little questions that don't need their own threads, so don't come in here if you don't want to read them!

4) This is for small/dumb/personal questions. IE: Which one of these wheels should I buy? What oil should I use? What lug nuts should I buy? etc.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, use your head before you post a question that easily could have been found using the search feature. If you think your question deserves its own thread, at least give this one a try first you might be surprised one answer will do the trick.

I may make this for the 6th gen section as well, pending on how this thread does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 14th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #2

I'll start. I have an 2006 honda accord EX-L V6. I'm looking for my stock wheels to be flush. I know that if I use my stock aluminum 17" wheels, that I could use 20 MM spacer up front, and a 25 MM spacer out back. I've seen this on Vasekvi's car, and it looks awesome.

But, my question is that I'm going to be running the 09-10 accord coupe 18" wheels, and want me wheels to be that flush. I can't find anywhere what the offset and width is for the two wheels, so I'm trying to figure out how big of spacers to get for the 18" coupe wheels.
Grohe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Destroyer of Tires

Take a ruler and measure how far out you want the wheels to sit. Convert to mm and purchase the spacer in the width you need.

Don't forget to get extended studs if you don't get a spacer with a design similar to Project Kics.

Old April 14th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #4
Brad

Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
Great thread idea Kevin, make one for each subforum...I'm sick and tired of the petty BS threads that have been popping up here & there.
bdeitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #5
M!h@3L \_(ツ)_/

@Grohe- the '08-'10 Coupe wheels should be, IIRC, 18x8 et55. You can look at the back for the wheel; there should be stamps in the metal with that information.

If those specs are indeed correct, I would recommend spacers of 15mm front / 20mm rear. The OEM Coupe wheels (Vasekvi, et al) are 17x7 et55. For comparison purposes to the 18x8 wheel, those specs would equate to roughly a 17x8 et42.3 (i.e. the outer lip face would be in the same respective location compared to a 17x7 et55 wheel).

More conservatively, you could go with project kics 10mm spacer front. I hope that makes sense .... My personal preference would be 245/20/18 tires with 15mm F / 20mm R spacers

BTW, great thread Kevin
HEcreated487 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEcreated487 View Post
@Grohe- the '08-'10 Coupe wheels should be, IIRC, 18x8 et55. You can look at the back for the wheel; there should be stamps in the metal with that information.

If those specs are indeed correct, I would recommend spacers of 15mm front / 20mm rear. The OEM Coupe wheels (Vasekvi, et al) are 17x7 et55. For comparison purposes to the 18x8 wheel, those specs would equate to roughly a 17x8 et42.3 (i.e. the outer lip face would be in the same respective location compared to a 17x7 et55 wheel).

More conservatively, you could go with project kics 10mm spacer front. I hope that makes sense .... My personal preference would be 245/20/18 tires with 15mm F / 20mm R spacers

BTW, great thread Kevin
Did you mean 20 or 30?

Thanks for the response. Now that I know the offsets, I drew it out in CAD. And you were right, they would both stick out the same distance. So, I'm actually thinking about running 20MM up front, and 25MM out back.
Old April 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #7
M!h@3L \_(ツ)_/

^^ Haha, my bad, I meant 245/40/18 tires
Old April 15th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #8
Super Mod

those of you asking question might want to use bigger font and bold letters so its easier to detect. the ones answering should just keep it at normal font. just an idea.
aprevo15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #9

has anyone or know of anyone that has done lca on a 7th gen? i don't mean the ingalls camber kit or anything. i mean like the skunk2 beaks blox etc LCA's for like the civic's integras. wondering if it's even possible or even worth it?
757Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #10
Destroyer of Tires

I don't believe it's possible to do rear LCAs like you see on a lot of Civic and Integras. Our cars use multi-link rear suspension, so there's not just one arm. It's a bunch of them all converging at the spindle. I mean I guess you could have a bunch of custom arms but it wouldn't be like it is on a Civic or Integra.
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #11
NC Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Accord View Post
has anyone or know of anyone that has done lca on a 7th gen? i don't mean the ingalls camber kit or anything. i mean like the skunk2 beaks blox etc LCA's for like the civic's integras. wondering if it's even possible or even worth it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
I don't believe it's possible to do rear LCAs like you see on a lot of Civic and Integras. Our cars use multi-link rear suspension, so there's not just one arm. It's a bunch of them all converging at the spindle. I mean I guess you could have a bunch of custom arms but it wouldn't be like it is on a Civic or Integra.
Good question, and good answer... i've actually always wondered that....Powdercoated LCA look badass....
iakona08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #12
Destroyer of Tires

Yeah unfortunately there suspension geometry is slightly different than ours in the rear. You could always paint or powdercoat your stock arms though.
Old April 15th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #13
NC Fresh

Quote:
Yeah unfortunately there suspension geometry is slightly different than ours in the rear. You could always paint or powdercoat your stock arms though.
wouldn't have the same affect... they are "skinny" colored bars... opposed to LCA that look like beefy pieces of steel... if that makes sense... but i see what your saying! Someone will do it i'm sure.
iakona08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #14

yeah. they look more beefy and i kinda like it. it's like, hey look. i have bad ass control arms that no other accord has. haha. but i've always wondered that. like lca's and rear tie bar. but thanks for the response doctor_x and iakona. maybe it's possibe if we get two lca's for each side? haha

btw, this thread was a genius idea. great thread for little simple questions, without making a new thread. *cough haha.
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #15
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG

help me peeps...

I had a DUMB DRIVER with a unsecured fully loaded trailer 2 cars

in front of me on the highway drop his load on my front

bumper...first he hit a 2011 paper tagged highlander and then 2

bags of wooden things hit my front bumper....

I had to chase the guy down but the cops came and I got evrything

I need...my questions are as follows....

1)should I buy an OEM bumper or a aftermarket OEM like front

bumper?

2)Should I go 06-07 bumper or stay with the 03-05 bumper?

3)Where do you guys get the diff license pate holders from? or do

you just mount the plate on the bumper?

4)Will the front lip affect my ability to go really low in ride

height?

My plan is to run all this year really low....
bdbconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #16

of course, all these answers are gonna be IMO, but;

1 - depends on what your budget is. I remember i found a primiered bumper for me (06-07) for like 80-90 bucks. but ya know, gotta get it painted and such.
2 - i think if you have to replace the grille/get the grille if you convert. i believe the 03-05 have the grille and bumper together? ( i don't know for sure, just from what i've looked at ) since the 06-07 bumper and grille are different.

3 - you can get them from honda or any plates place. i wouldn't drill into the bumper. the oem ones have a bracket that attached underneath.

4 - and the lip, all depends on how low you go and what not. it def will affect how you drive, like going up and down driveways and entrances and over speed bumps. like me, if i go over certain speed bumps straight, my frame will hit it. lol . but it's your call.
Old April 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #17

Will the 06-07 coupe front bumper fit the 06-07 sedan ??
NH578Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #18

I am at just over 130000km..

What maintenance should I be doing?

Right now I am going to do:
Oil Change
Transmission Oil Change (possibly the transmission oil filter as well)
Air filters

Also for transmission oil, what is the proper way to truly replace it? People speak of drain and refills, but how many?
funkbro2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #19

OEM FRONT LIP QUESTION!

Bear with me here, I'm new

I have a 2003 V6 Coupe V6 6MT. Currently I have the standard, "bubble" type OEM front lip (not HFP)

On the left and right sides of the lip there are black plastic "vent" pieces where the fog lights would normally be installed. [NOTE: these pieces look kind of like a rectangle with a single horizontal line though the middle... unlike other 7th gens which seem to have a grate-like look to them). The passenger-side vent has a closed, sealed backing so that air would not pass through. The driver-side vent is open, almost like a front spoiler.

Is this normal? Or are most 7th gens with the same lips both-open or both-closed?
Apulver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #20
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH578Perfection View Post
If the 7th gen is anything like the 6th gen then it should bolt up but it won't look perfect without things like the hood and fenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apulver View Post
OEM FRONT LIP QUESTION!

Bear with me here, I'm new

I have a 2003 V6 Coupe V6 6MT. Currently I have the standard, "bubble" type OEM front lip (not HFP)

On the left and right sides of the lip there are black plastic "vent" pieces where the fog lights would normally be installed. [NOTE: these pieces look kind of like a rectangle with a single horizontal line though the middle... unlike other 7th gens which seem to have a grate-like look to them). The passenger-side vent has a closed, sealed backing so that air would not pass through. The driver-side vent is open, almost like a front spoiler.

Is this normal? Or are most 7th gens with the same lips both-open or both-closed?
Post pictures of what you're referring to?

What is

Old April 17th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #21
M!h@3L \_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH578Perfection View Post
I don't know for certain, but pretty sure it's a "no"... There have been instances where the '03-'05 coupe lip has been used on a sedan, but it is definitely not a "snug" fit. There are gaps. I would think the '06-'07 coupe lip would be similar when mounting, with the possibility of modification of the sedan bumper, since the '06-'07 coupe front lip wraps around the fog lights. You could do a full '06-'07 coupe bumper and front lip conversion, but that also is not a direct fit (e.g. I believe there are gaps around the headlights). Again, this is based on what I've read, cause actual attempts would cost a significant amount of $$$$. GL!

Last edited by HEcreated487; April 18th, 2011 at 10:10 AM..
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Post pictures of what you're referring to?
I have them all ready to go but I don't have enough posts to attach photos yet...
Apulver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #23

Hey guys I was just wondering what is a good price range to have some one do a basic retrofit with hids and blacked out on the inside? thanks for the help in advance.
Vtec_Sheikhani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #24
Brad

Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
That all depends on the parts used, the retrofitter used (some are better than others of course, all with different warranties), and whether you're buying the parts yourself or paying the retrofitter for the parts and the labor.
bdeitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #25
FG4

V6P socal folks, LA or OC where do you take your tires to get mounted, I have gone to a couple and they scratch the rim while mounting tires or they use pry bar to take tire out, so where do you take your tires to get mounted?
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #26
Destroyer of Tires

Well, I have it done at work now lol. I've seen and heard about many places that don't do a good job and end up scuffing up the wheels though. I had to take my old Gram Lights to various Discount Tire chains before and nothing bad happened.
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #27
JDM UC1

i go to this old cholo shop in norwalk. he dismounted and mounted my tires on my VS-XX w/ ease. he reverse mounts 'em and uses rubber protectors to clamp my rims lip on the machine. been going there for 4 years now w/o problems. it's on pioneer and 161st st. it's the small shop on the corner left side when you facing the street. but i go somewhere else for balancing, i don't like how he balances my wheels.
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkbro2 View Post
I am at just over 130000km..

What maintenance should I be doing?

Right now I am going to do:
Oil Change
Transmission Oil Change (possibly the transmission oil filter as well)
Air filters

Also for transmission oil, what is the proper way to truly replace it? People speak of drain and refills, but how many?
Does anyone have input on this? I have an '06 daily driver that's about to hit 60000 miles as well. What major maintenance work needs to be done at this time?
veenie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #29

So I looked up mugen style spoiler I got a thread but there weren't any pictures wanted to know if anyone has actually done the spoiler and liked it let me know cause I'm really interested In getting one
workinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #30
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by veenie View Post
Does anyone have input on this? I have an '06 daily driver that's about to hit 60000 miles as well. What major maintenance work needs to be done at this time?

I recommend a fluid service. Since summer is around the corner, I'd drain and refill oil, trans, and radiator. Than just an all around inspection. to make sure things are good. O-ring on power steering pump if its leaking. That's about what I commonly see at 60k. Cabin filter/air filter inspect and replace if you haven't done them yet.

The rest should pass with flying colors.

Than from there just oil changes and inspection. at 90-100k timing belt/water pump service.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.