I've been hit! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Scottwax
  • 2 Post By QuikJake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2016, 10:09 PM   #1

I've been hit!

Hey guys so I regret to let you know that I've recently been rear-ended. I'll post pics later I'm working right now but my car suffered rear bumper with passenger side rear wheel tail light quarter panel and worst of all bent rear subframe. I'm currently in the process of getting the insurance estimator to come out and look at it again with another shop to confirm the subframe damage and possibly worse case scenario consider my car a total loss.

I want to see what you guys would do, what you think is going to happen? I currently have a check from Geico for rear bumper quarter panel and tail light for 2500 I know that's not enough to fix everything what would you guys do at this point?

My car roughly has 92000 miles it's a 2006 V6 coupe automatic ex-l the blue book value is right around 4k wtf?!

I bought it for 10k in 2013 and blue book value at the time was 14k
QuikJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2016, 10:35 PM   #2
Frank

4k is probably for the 4 cylinder accord. hope things turn out ok bro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 06accordcoupe; December 30th, 2016 at 10:54 PM..
06accordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 1st, 2017, 08:00 PM   #3

Actually it is in fact the ex-l V6 model on kbb.com I was hoping the same thing when I first saw the price. To top everything off my registration expired today haha no point in renewing it if it's going to be totaled...I really couldn't have asked for better timing. And by the way HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I sincerely hope the beginning of everyone's year isn't nearly as rough as mine as far as our accords go.

Old January 1st, 2017, 08:51 PM   #4

You can buy my turbo accord V6P 6mt sedan
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:17 PM   #5
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

If insurance totals the car out, take that and your Geico check towards another vehicle?
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:34 PM   #6
Mr. Detail

Might be time for a 9th gen V6.
Ultrasilver likes this.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2017, 02:13 PM   #7

If your insurance company allows it, you may want to purchase the vehicle back as a salvaged title. That's quite a loss at only 4k. In Southern California, the KBB estimates are always low compared to the actual used market.

Good luck!
Ultrasilver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2017, 08:52 AM   #8

Hey guys here's the update I've been having fun with my new car that's why I forgot to post in here.

The great news is I bought back my car for $800 and they gave me 8500 before that because that's the price that they valued my car at. So I used that money to buy an 02 Lexus is300 that I'm having some fun with and in the meantime I just got an engine from an 06 TL automatic for a sweet deal so I'm gonna fix the subframe with probably a used one from a junkyard somewhere and then throw that engine in my accord AFTER I get it inspected and all that legal stuff.
Atlas.46 and SaamiPC like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.