Accord V6 Forum banner

Lexus Event!

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  taospec 
#1 ·
I received an invitation in the mail from Lexus to attend the Taste of Lexus Performance Edition. Here's a description of the event from the site.

"You are invited to experience...
A full day of style, luxury and sheer driving excitement - compliments of Lexus. Please join us for Taste of Lexus, Performance Edition.

Come slip behind the wheel of our newest models and feel the performance behind the luxury. Savor fine cuisine inspired by top-rated chefs. And immerse yourself in all things luxurious."

http://www.tasteoflexus.com/default.asp

Me & my boy attended today. Pics below.

Main tent

Here's the tag I had to wear. VIP baby. :D

Pic of me with the new GS.

Pic of my boy with the new GS.

Interior of the GS 300.

GS 300 gauges. (Sorry about the sun glare :( )

Another GS.

LS 430. Best car there. Felt like a plane when I was driving it. I took turns at ridiculous speeds. No tire squeel, minimum body lean. Only $51,000.00!

My boy ready to drive the LS 430.

Interior of the LS 430.

LS 430 gauges.

SC 430.

SC 430 interior.

See less See more
#2 ·
The rest.

RX 400h. Hybrid.

RX 400 h gauges.

RX 400 h dashboard.

They even had the Mercedes Benz E500 there to compare to the GS. I like the GS better. Didn't fish tail in rear like the E500 did. E500 gauges.

E500 dashboard.

#6 ·
"Did they check your age I wanted to do ths but I was told you had to be 21, but then my friend whos 19 told me that one of his friends got in and he wasn't 21.

Should get a "new" license"

Yeah, they were strict with the license and age thing. I'm 28 so I had no problem.

"nice pics man, did you drive the IS350 ?

so which one you are you buying ? "

The line for the IS was too long so we didn't get to test it. :mad:
Honestly, I would buy the LS 430. That car is no joke. Only $51,000. Same price as the GS.

"that dark grey GS is lookin sweet. I'm signed up for the event on Nov.21. Can't wait to test the new IS350"

You'll enjoy it.

#7 ·
I went to the event on both weekends on the Belmont track here in Elmont NY. Yah, the lines to the IS250/350/bmw 330i were like 30-40mins each! The IS350(306hp) was clearly faster than the 330i(255hp), but the bimmer simply out-handled the lexus in corners IMO. The new IS is definitely more comfy and ergonomically-friendly ... much improvement to the previous gen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.