Accord V6 Forum banner

New suspension installed

4K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  datboiroy 
#1 ·
When I first bought my car, I had no intention of doing any mods. I was basically happy with the car. But... Those damn gaps kept on looking worse as I compared them to other cars. So I broke down and got the Eibach Pro Kits and Koni Sports installed. Springs are on the middle perch. Didn't want anything too drastic. Just got it back today. Looks really nice, but I will wait a bit to let everything settle before I take pics. Give it a week or 2 ;)

#4 ·
I'll go ahead and post. Not sure how much a suspension will settle. Looks good to me now. I have to be carefull over speed bumps because of the front mud guards. Ride is different from stock, but not alot. Firm but still smooth. Anyway here are a few quick shots.

#10 ·
NexsoN said:
hey man, that looks great. we got all these guys going crazy over these coilovers and spending alot of money, but I mean konis paired up with a decent spring is a great option
Thanks ... I did quite a bit of reading and asking around. This fit what I was looking for and I heard mostly positive things about this combination. The main complaints was it wasn't enough drop. But I just figure thats all in ones personal taste.

#11 · (Edited)
flyvtec said:
That looks great man! So who did the install? :D Are you going to tint your windows?
Thanks flytec. I went with AJ-USA for the install. They were a bit more, but the service is awesome. While they had my wheels off, they detailed them inside and out, also washed the car inside and out afterwards. They are a place the specialize in performance upgrades for higher end cars than the Accord. He said that they had done quite a few of the 7th gen coupes. So it was more of a piece of mind thing with me. I'm kinda picky that way :rolleye2: Anyway, everything was perfect. I'm extremely happy. I have had tint on other cars. I decided to not to do these. I like to be different :D

#12 · (Edited)
relentless said:
With that drop are you planning on getting 18's or bigger wheels?

Dont worry about the mud guards! Those things are indestructable!! Mine scrape every driveway and they still look good......except for the bottom part that scrapes.
That could be in the future. I would not do that until I wear out the factory tires. Since I probably only average seven thousand miles a year( I commute on a bicycle to work), that may be awhile.

I'm getting better at speed bumps, so the mud guards are safe :p .

#15 ·
nice looking drop there. I had a similar one with h-techs and konis, though I swapped them out for the hfp kit. Ride quality sucked with konis, though the adjustability was nice. I'm ok with the softer springs and shocks with the hfp though, I've started adjusting handling with sway bars. Right now I have 27.2mm front TL bar and the 20mm rear bar, though will probably upsize the rear bar to a 22mm h&r bar. That '07 TL-S front bar is burly....and heavy too.

#17 ·
Take your time with it and it shouldn't be a problem at all. For the rear, I recommend loosening the top bolts while the car is on the ground, then lift it up and do the rest of the install. When installing the new rears, bolt in the bottom part and loosely install the top bolts, then lower the car and tighten the top with the suspension under full load. Here's the instructions from Honda:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/hfpsusp.pdf

#22 ·
even though this question is directed to me. the only place that i know who sells the koni yellows and eibach pro-kit springs together is shox.com. but the thing with them, they are selling it for like $745.00.

i would like to go with the same setup with my car but since neuspeed has the supercup kit, for which you can switch the race springs for the sport springs (contacted neuspeed about this since on their website they said no substitutions), for $599 including free shipping, that seems like a better deal for which i am planning on getting.

still searching to see if i can find a koni yellow and eibach pro-kit setup for less online compared to shox.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.