Accord V6 Forum banner

Upgrade Sound System

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  V6MT26 
#1 ·
Hey all, I have a 2007 AV6 Sedan w/ Navi, and I'd like to upgrade the speakers. However, I can't upgrade the head unit because I don't want to lose the functionality of the Navigation system (plus, I think the CD head unit in the little cubby hole looks a little ghetto).

Does anyone have any recommendations for some speakers/components with a little crisper sound with the stock head unit?

#3 ·
I think you should post your budget. Most aftermarket speakers will be much better than our stock speakers, even a pair of cheap alpine type S speakers would be better...there are too many types to list, give us your budget.

#5 · (Edited)
300-500 aint much..... My componets ran me close to 300 and thats not even including an amp or the deck 6x9s. To get something to sound great.... wait until your budget is at least 1000-1500. you should be able to get a nice amp and maybe an AlumaPro BP10 for your base.

Good Luck

#8 ·
Boston Acoustics. The highs are so crisp and clean.

#9 ·
People out here might recommend anything from Sonys to Diamonds. However, I'd recommend spending a day in the enclosed room at your local car audio shop to figure what speaker would really bring out the highs and lows in your favorite genre of music. My personal recommendation for a low budget would be Polks.

#11 ·
actually you can get pretty good components for that type of budget. Don't run rears, it kills the sound stage. If you have passengers, who cares about them. Just buy a nice of front components. I'd highly recommend the Rainbow SLC (~$250) and or the Pioneer 720prs (~$250) then you can easily get an amp with the rest of your budget. I also would recommend buying some sound deadener to deaden your doors, it'll make a HUGE difference in the midbass compartment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.