Accord V6 Forum banner

Opinions on these wheels....

3K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  rcg83 
#1 · (Edited)
So ya if you know me Im a wheel thread "enthusiast" so to say hahaha. I really have no Idea what wheels I want.....I was going to get rotas but they are so hard to find in the size and color I want. Here are 2 more choices I like, need opinions on them. This time im opting for lighter wheels, I don’t want to lose any performance of what little I have, which limits my choices.

assuming stock ex wheel is 20 lbs, my tires are 23 a piece, so that 43 lbs. Assuming(read on this board) that 1lb. at the wheel is equal to 7 lbs of "normal" weight. I also saw some where on here that ever 100lbs of weight reduction is equal to 1/10th of a second in time, we will assume that is true, and neglect rotational mass for the time being.

First up, the ever so popular 57c in bronze, 18 inch 18.4 lbs with 21lb. tire total weight= 39.4lbs total weight savings= 100.4 lbs -1/10th

Second, Kosei k1 ts in light grey 18 inch, 16 lbs with 21 lb. tire, total weight = 37lbs total weight savings= 168 lbs -1.5/10ths

Third Kosei k1 ts in silver1 8 inch, 16 lbs with 21 lb. tire, total weight = 37lbs weight savings= 168 lbs -1.5/10ths

fourth, Kosei k1 ts in light grey 17 inch, 15.4lbs with 21 lb. tire, total weight= 36.4lbs (plus less rotational mass) weight savings= 184lbs -1.8/10ths

Second, Kosei k1 ts in silver 17inch, 15.4lbs with 21 lb. tire, total weight = 36.4lbs (plus less rotational mass) weight savings= 184 lbs -1.8/10ths

Discuss! Thanks. Yes, im crazy, yes I should buy a faster car, yes im stuck with the accord for 2 more years!

Im really thinking of going with the kosei 17s in grey due to the amount of unsprung weight I will save.....maybe I need to flip a coin.....

See less See more
#28 ·
If i had the choice why not try gold silver is a lil plain but on these wheels its looks good but you want it to stand out gold with the silver lip would be best maybe the bronze with the silver lip would look good. A black car is just that color you can pick and choose like white.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.