Accord V6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

J30A4/J30A5 Turbo Kit Group Buy Feeler

68K views 253 replies 49 participants last post by  NVA-AV6 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm sure some of you know of the turbo kits I've been building for the 6th gen Accords and Acura TLs and CLs out there. After seeing Matt adapt my kit to his 7th gen accord, I saw the opportunity to go ahead and try to make a kit just for the 7th gen accords.

I do need two volunteers though for this crazy task, just to redo some piping to fit the 7th gen. I'll need one with an automatic transmission and the other with a 6-speed manual transmission.

With the permission of Matt, here's the pics from my thread that he posted up of his accomplishment:

http://v6performance.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1326707&postcount=291

http://v6performance.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1328298&postcount=314

http://v6performance.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1349629&postcount=688

Here's a list of the components that this kit will come with:

A COMPLETE DIY (unlike the threads) which include detailed videos provided via e-book/CD

The XS power kit (will be rebadged)
The Modified downpipe, flexpipe, y-pipe, and charge pipe
E-manage
Daily driving fuel map is included (on CD)
Boomslang harness
Boost Gauges (Oil Temp, Boost)
All necessary wiring and fuses are provided
Intercooler piping with Intercooler, silicone couplers, and brackets
Hose Clamps
Oil Cooler with proper fittings and hosing.
Oil Sandwich Adapter
Oil Filter
Custom Manufactured braided oil feed line
AEM UEGO (Includes everything from wiring, gauge, and wideband o2 sensor)
Manual Boost controller
Optional wastegate springs
Liquid gasket sealant is included
Fuel Pressure Regulator w/fittings
Braided Fuel Line
Blow Off Valve
Wastegate
Vacuum lines for the BOV, Wastegate, etc.
Super T70 Turbo
All Gaskets Provided
Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer w/ Ignition wiring harness
Heat Shrink, cable ties, and solder for Wiring
Battery Relocation wiring
Short Ram Intake w/ Heat Shield, bracket, & Filter
Heat Wrap (100ft)
Stainless Steel Ties
Extra nuts and bolts (in case of any stripped/broken during the install)

The ENTIRE kit is covered by a 5 Year Limited Lifetime Warranty. Basically, if there are any parts of the kit that become defective, as long as you have the receipt, send back the original and a replacement will be sent to you.

So far, from working up everything such as pricing and the cost of manufacturing the kit, it comes out to $1800 shipped to your door.

Also, since the turbo will get you going faster, you'll definitely be putting a toll on your brake setup, so each kit will come with FREE brand new Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads and Drilled/slotted Rotors.

Once again, if you guys are interested, let me know and liven up this thread. In order to make this Group Buy happen, I'll need at least 10 people; let's make this happen! :up2:

Volunteers:

Those that are interested (updated every few hours):

1. pbook4g5 - 6Spd Manual
2. Stilloco - Automatic

See less See more
#15 · (Edited)
Joe I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I think you are making a lot of promises that you should make sure that you can keep. Your turbo kits are composed mainly of components made in China. Giving a 5 year warranty on these components is foolish. I never see these parts last usually people buy them, they fail and they move onto something better. I used to hang out over at MX6.com and they have a similar kit made in China. The turbos would last around 1-2 years tops, the BOV and wastegates were unpredictable and would sometimes stick. Don’t even get me started on the fuel pressure regulators, they are never accurate and prone to leak as Paul has seen firsthand.
Basically I am just looking out you and the community. I don’t want you going poor warranting cheap components or running away and leaving members behind. My cousin who imports and sells car parts on eBay won’t even sell turbos anymore since they are so prone to failure and complaints. I have a shelf full of these China turbos he gave me they range in price from $130-200 apiece from the factory and come with a useless 90 day warranty. So far you have one turbo kit on the street for maybe one month. I would give it some more time before mass producing a kit and maybe use some quality proven components like, Turbonetics, Tial, and Garrett. I would wait a little longer to see how things pan out first. Again I am not here to put you down, but just to wanted to give everyone a fair warning.

#16 ·
Joe I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I think you are making a lot of promises that you should make sure that you can keep. Your turbo kits are composed mainly of components made in China. Giving a 5 year warranty on these components is foolish. I never see these parts last usually people buy them, they fail and they move onto something better. I used to hang out over at MX6.com and they have a similar kit made in China. The turbos would last around 1-2 years tops, the BOV and wastegates were unpredictable and would sometimes stick. Don’t even get me started on the fuel pressure regulators, they are never accurate and prone to leak as Paul has seen firsthand.
Basically I am just looking out you and the community. I don’t want you going poor warranting cheap components or running away and leaving members behind. My cousin who imports and sells car parts on eBay won’t even sell turbos anymore since they are so prone to failure and complaints. I have a shelf full of these China turbos he gave me they range in price from $130-200 apiece from the factory and come with a useless 90 day warranty. So far you have one turbo kit on the street for maybe one month. I would give it some more time before mass producing a kit and maybe use some quality proven components like, Turbonetics, Tial, and Garrett. So far you only have one car on the road, for less than a month. I would wait a little longer to see how things pan out first. Again I am not here to put you down, but just to wanted to give everyone a fair warning.
use chiefys car as r&d. Basically everything richie said applies. It would be a shame if you had to eat your words based on a product you have no control over.

Personally If i was doing what you are doin right now I would follow in comptechs footsteps. They spents months testing stuff before its released and make changes if nessessary.

#17 ·
I'm interested. How much power do you expect the the turbo to make? Will the stock tranny be able to handle the extra power? Where are you located? I can volunteer =)

Volunteers:

Those that are interested:

1.pbook4g5 - 6Spd Manual
2. Stilloco - Automatic
3. tonytypes -Auto

#18 ·
I totally agree with you rich,

I mean there has to be more testing on this kit for you to come out say 5yr warranty. There has been no R&D yet, no dyno, no professional tune. Or time period for ware and tear. Your saying a 5yr warranty is a little crazy for this kit. I hope for your sake, that these kits are good. You may have law suits, since your standing by your kits.

Yes i bought the kit, but had it checked out by my shop, who i have know for some time now. They said its not the greatest of kits, the turbo is straight up trash. I trust these guys since they have been in the game of imports for some time now. I know for sure the wastegate and bov are straight up trash.... Also this kit is just good for the piping, everything else needs to be modifyed. I would not recomend using the boost controller they issued.. I hope that with this kit there are no problems for anyone.

I just find it strange the only one running is like bishop and capf?. They also are upgraded some of there parts.

#19 ·
Closed pending a vendor license. Joe, you need to contact Dizzy to obtain a license.

#20 ·
I have yet to see a china turbo last more than 1.5 years before going, 1/3 the time taking the engine with it. Joe, I love your enthusiasum, but like others have said, please don't make promises on product that is know to fail and that you yourself do not get the equvelant warrenty from. Let's not even mention that most aftermarket exhaust piping doesn't last 5 years eaither, this includes the J-Pipes from Richie, XS, Greedy, ect. I am not trying to be a **** here, agin I like your enthesiaum and willingness to try to make things happen, but please be careful, these are other peoples cars here.

#21 ·
REAL LIFE EXAMPLE: my greddy evo 1's. After several thousand miles and many years (but no salt corrosion), the piping broke where it splits into a "y."

And that was GREDDY. Alot more engineering went into that than this ebay kit.

And i know I and others have asked about 7000 times but where is the dyno? It makes zero sense to add all these parts and not spend 2 hours on a dyno tuning. As far as I'm concerned its MANDATORY to get it done BEFORE the car even hits the street.

#24 ·
good luck, i love your enthusiam and wish all the members here who are interested the best of luck on their car with your turbo kit.

If there is a 5 year warranty and the turbo goes and the replacement one goes aswell, the warranty still is carried on with the new turbo correct? I'd sit down and write up the warranty policy first before you offer this 5 year deal. It's a great deal for budget racers. good luck guys!

#26 ·
You 7th gen guys know you want some of this...

here's the crazy part... the car's been running for a while and I'm able to hold on to the heat wrapped downpipe for a long time.. you can even see me hold on tightly to it.. no burning.. it's really really warm, but not enough to burn :up2:

Also, every kit will be coming with the new revised down pipe wrapped for you already as seen below:

#30 ·
^ you could be right.. but I'm basing my numbers from what I've seen from other setups. The last J30 put down 320 at 9psi, there was another that put down 240 at 4 psi. The thing is, with chief's car, he has the UR crank pulley and some other regular bolt ons on top of the current turbo kit. I'll pay for dyno pulls once me, anthony, and chief get together. There's an 8th mile track that has a dyno where you can test and tune for 10 dollars each car close by.

#34 ·
Joe, you are going to find the 7th gen to be a very different beast than 6th gens, I hope you have a good plan for tuning a 7th gen and that you will have access to one for your R&D, I have seen a couple of your 6th gen/2nd gen TL builds, but again the 7th is a different animal and has a completly different and much more challenging EMS to tune with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.