Accord V6 Forum banner

WTB? UK spec fog lamps

2K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Steverino 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have tried looking everywhere, all the forums, uk parts sellers, uk accord clubs, and nobody has the OEM UK spec coupe fog lamps for the 2000 accord coupe. I really want to pop a set on my car but they are so dammed rare they are a ***** to find. Anyone able to point the way where to find them?

#4 · (Edited)
i need them for the 98-00 because they are cut into the bumper. The UK spec ones, not usdm oem. I would just hit up HandA if I wanted the OEMs. I am talkin uk spec 98-00 fogs

this is how they look:

i wanna get a set of the UK fogs and put 3000k HID in them. It would look sick with my projectors and 6000k low beams. I have seen maybe 3 cars ever that were even equipped with the fogs, So I am thinking it is a pretty rare find, even in the UK

#12 ·
Mounting my be any issue with those...

I bought those bezels over a year ago, still have them laying around somewhere partially sanded. I ditched the idea because theres no way to tell if they fit correctly without having to cut the bumper (and being that theyre eBay specials, i doubt they fit correctly.) Also, theyre not flexible, theyre very rigid.

#16 ·
what do you mean inside?

They look similar in shape, its just that, that part of the bumper they go into is contoured a bit. Theres no way to tell if it would fit the same contour. Im sure that you could use a heat gun to make it work if the fit is crap, but I lost inspiration for it...
I would try it if I had an extra bumper laying around.

#23 ·
yea you do have to watch out and make sure you're buying FOG lights because the driving lights dont have a flat cutoff and are much much narrower because they're designed to throw light far in front of the car. the fog light version of the micro de has flat cutoff and is much wider... the way a fog light should be.

cheapest i found the fog lights for is $116 shipped. the driving lights... $580 shipped

#24 ·
yea you do have to watch out and make sure you're buying FOG lights because the driving lights dont have a flat cutoff and are much much narrower because they're designed to throw light far in front of the car. the fog light version of the micro de has flat cutoff and is much wider... the way a fog light should be.
Exactly. :up:

Sample cutoff pic of Micro DE xenon driving lights:

output pic:

and the corresponding light pattern graph

compared to the Micro DE halogen fog lights with a 5000k HID kit:

and the corresponding light pattern graph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.