Accord V6 Forum banner

AEM V2 hydroshield

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  worldon1finger 
#1 ·
So I have the AEM V2 and I'm looking to get a hydroshield for it. Only thing I don't know or am not sure of is which one to go with? Anyone have any ideas or input as to which one I should go with?

#9 ·
Ah, I was wondering why people were looking into hydrophobic barriers/covers rather as opposed to the bypass valve.

Are the shields even that effective? I cannot see a cover offering much protection against hydrolock in situations where hydrolock is truly even possible.

#10 ·
I believe those shields are meant to keep water off, not out, like droplets of water in rain or splashes. If you drive into a deep puddle, the intake will still suck up the water and you will hydrolock your engine regardless. The AEM bypass valve is a different story though.

#14 ·
Post vids of the tests! Lol... only kidding. :eek: DO NOT drive through lakes... ;)

So have many people actually hacked their v2 in order to put on a bypass valve? Wouldn't this change specific diameters and tube lengths that AEM engineered into the v2 to achieve "multiple frequency sound waves tuned to the engine's resonance?" I know there isn't much of a difference between the v1 and v2 (aside from sound), but I figure changing the v2's geometry would be a detriment to the v2 design. I mean, AEM joined the two chambers for a reason. If hydrolock is truly a concern, wouldn't it be simpler just to get a v1 and the bypass valve?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.