Accord V6 Forum banner

RV6 Jpipe installation FAIL HELPP

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Stevo405 
#1 ·
ummmmm ok I broke off 3/6 studs from the 2 cats or headers if you will. I had a torch and i used pb blaster but they still broke off. I bought some bolts and nuts to replace the broken ones but i dont know how to remove the stud. And ideas would be really nice. I was thinking maybe drilling them out?? Its number 16 in this pic

See less See more
#8 ·
well the car is in jack stands right now with no J pipe and i removed the front cat and i cant figure out how to take the rear cat out of the hole. All of the bolts are off the rear cat i just cant figure out how to get it out. Now im on the hunt for some precat delete so if you know of anything let me know

#10 ·
Someone posted that if i remove the strut bar and tps sensor it can come out through the top?

#14 ·
just a little update.. I ordered RV6 new pcd V2.. im installing them tomm. my car has been in jackstands ever since lol.. Good thing i have another DD.. (cb7)

#15 ·
That was me who removed it from the top. I dont know why others found it tight. I pulled the rear cat from the top with heatshield still attached in less than 2 mins. Just got maneuver it around the right way. I personally think its easier than removing axle and halfshaft.

#16 ·
^yeah thats what i did too. It was pretty tight but it was def easier then taking off the axle.. intermediate shaft etc

#18 ·
Is there a harbor freight tools store near you? If there is go in there and ask them for a stud remover. Its a tool that you can use to remove only stripped studs. Its a weird little contraption and it may take you a minute to figure out how to use it, but it works. Then you can order a new stud from honda and us the double nut method to install it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.