Accord V6 Forum banner

Vibration when I hit the brakes

8K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  VietNinjaJ30A1 
#1 ·
Hey guys when I break at over 80-90 km/h, I feel a vibration through my steering wheel but not through my pedal. I got my front end checked by a mechanic a 2 months ago and he said the front end looked fine. My brakes were last done @ 167 000km in May 2008 by Canadian Tire and the car currently has 195 000km on it. Could it be my rotors? Are our rotors pressed into the hub like the 5th gen Accords?

#13 · (Edited)
It could be that the caliper is sticking from dirt/rust and isn't letting the pads release. I would probably take it somewhere with no traffic and speed up to 70 or so for a while and then down shift to slow down and use the e-brake to come to a complete stop. Then get out and if the left side is warm and the right side gives you a second degree burn I would say that's your problem. That would cause your pads to wear out fast and heat your rotor to the point of warping. imao

#15 ·
the last brake service you had has nothing to do with warped rotors. you can drive away from the service station, have bad luck of events happen and have your rotors warped before you get home.

when the steering wheel shimmies during high speeds, it's usually an indication of a light warpage. you can test it out by braking a little harder during the high speed and seeing if the steering wheel shakes a little more.

#20 ·
3/4 inch socket wrench w/ Phillips attachment took out the screw that held in my rotors. screwdrivers are useless and impact wrenches strip the screws.

if you havent had your allignment and tires balanced. and its time for new brake pads, change out the rotors while your at it, if its showing it's age. 110,000+ miles

#25 ·
Had the same garbage goin on ...still going on with mine. money's short so its small steps 4 now but have new EBC green stuff pads biting the front and I still have vibration. next are EBC rotors. maybe then it will stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.