Accord V6 Forum banner

Tanabe Sustec Pro SS II Coilovers

3K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  Trevendous03 
#1 ·
This spring, I'm gonna do new suspension and new wheels... not telling anyone what the wheels are. :x

Suspension I'm interested in:

Tanabe Sustec Pro S-S II $1,000 8kg/4kg
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/Vie...gory=Coilovers&Details=Sustec_Pro_S-S_Type_II

Anyone have it? The spring rate seems kinda weak, considering my F2s are 12k/6k. I'm prob gonna do new wheels first, but right now the F2s aren't cutting it for me, and I don't like how impossible it is to lower and raise ride height, so eventually I want a diff set of coilovers.

These say they lower 2 3/8 to 4" which is right up my alley, because I'd like to be about 2.5" down in the winter and around 3.5" down in the summer.

Anyone know much about these? I mean I could play it safe and go with TEIN SS, but I wanna try something a little diff.

See less See more
#32 ·
Dang, everyone is getting AMR. :) I really dig their website too haha, which I know has nothing to do with the performance of the coilovers, but it does for their marketing. :)

Yeah, don't get F2. I mean they're decent for how cheap they are, but the valving is terrible. Of course the handling and braking is great, but there is absolutely no cushion, they bottom out a lot. I def hate not being able to adjust height without taking the wheel off. I tried to adjust it myself one day without power tools, and there were two bolts I couldn't get off, so I was unable to adjust it. I always have to call my mechanic friend to do it with his power tools, which is a pain.

I still am looking for Tanabe SS, but I don't know if anyone even sells them anymore. Some companies have them listed on their website, but I was already told by one retailer that they're out of stock now and they just haven't updated their website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.