Accord V6 Forum banner

F$%@$^@ Wings West

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  xlagman92 
#1 ·
I really hate wingswest right now. Im doin my car all over and decided to take the fiberglass bumpers off and get the OEM bumpers back on with a lip kit. My accord is a 2000 but I wanted the 02 bumpers. Before I ordered the bumpers from
Honda I called WingsWest to make sure they have the front lip for the 02 which they have stated on their website. They told me they do have the front lip in stock. I order my bumpers from Honda...today I call wingswest and them ****ers tell me they dont have the 02 front lip. IM PIST :angry::angry::banghead::banghead: any one got any ideas?

#5 ·
WW never made it for the 01-02 coupes. That's why a lot of the 6th gens 01-02 had to go another route.
Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Idea#1
- Sell your new bumper
- Buy 98-00 bumper
- Win

Idea#2
- Call Honda, cancel order

Idea#3
- Custom fit another lip

:gotme: Good luck

#18 ·
my car with the 01-02 coupe bumper with no fogs. It'll look better with fogs, but I have something else in plan..... :)

It looks weird because i don't have side skirts.... lol

And i'm also not slammed by any means. But I am corner balanced, and have the correct suspension geometry to provide opimal handling & performance on my summer wheels :)
WW never made it for the 01-02 coupes. That's why a lot of the 6th gens 01-02 had to go another route.
Correct me if I'm wrong here.

#8 ·
If you knew you were going to do that to your car, why not order the lip when you called the first time? Honda has an abundance of front bumper covers, whereas Wings West could easily run out of stock for a lip kit lol.

And for the coupes they do have an 01-02. Kind of rare but it's been done. There were vendors on V6P that advertised it and posted photos.

#9 ·
He's talking about this one: 2001-2002 Honda Accord 2Door CUSTOM FRONT AIR DAM Wings West International Inc.. It has the cut-outs for the fog-lights which are on the 01-02 front bumpers.

I was actually going that route but decided that maybe SSM won't pull it off too well. So I just custom fitted a polyurethane Type-R lip for the sedan (from Bayson-R) on my coupe. However WW took three weeks to ship me my polyurethane WW rear lip :banghead:. I got it now so :).

#14 ·
Lol Im not a body shop thats one of the reasons Im going back to stock bumpers. The fiberglass bumpers need alot of maintance. The start to crack just from the vibration of the car over the years. I've already painted my car a few times since I bought it new in 2000. And these custom paint jobs are too dam expensive. I got kids, mortage and other cars. Here I am painting my car again when I could have used that money for a Big Brake kit etc. I think in the long run the Oem bumpers with a lip kit will last alot longer without maintance. Just my thoughts....

#17 ·
WOW –GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! LOL
That is exactly where I’m at with my 98 Accord.
I have the green Accord with red puzzle pieces flowing to the rear into a puzzle Honda H
I had the artwork for 3? 4 years now!
YES the vibration, wind, driveways twist the front bumper and the cracks in the new paint show maybe a month to 3 months after I paint!
Well I finally decided to paint the entire car over this year and I DON’T WANT TOOO!!! LOL
I rather take the what $2 grand$2,500 and Leave it in my savings instead of borrow from my savings!
BUT I do enjoy entering car shows and taking pictures with the girls! Soooo oh well
oh and this is the ONLY car I have. so when it's in the shop for however long it takes I'm in a rental. Right now we're on our what 3rd snow storm and yes it's outside - no garage, no car cover. BUT still shines and wonderfully waxed!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.