Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #10
otsb708
✔ Verified Member

Send a message via Yahoo to otsb708 Send a message via Skype™ to otsb708
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav6 View Post
I don't see how your point is proven when you were wrong from the beginning. The accord coupe and genesis coupe are not in the same category. The Genesis coupe is in the same class as the 370Z, Chevy Camaro, Ford Mustang and so on. The Accord Coupe is in the same category as the Nissan Altima Coupe. They are classed as Passenger Cars not sports cars like the Genesis. Not only that but the Accord V6 Coupe and Nissan Altima Coupe are FWD not RWD.
Let's get down to a comparison:

You take the top of the line Accord Coupe:
2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 6-Spd MT w/ Navigation System - Yahoo! Autos

and the top of the line Genesis Coupe:
2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Manual - Yahoo! Autos

Market Average:
Honda: $30,591
Hyundai: $30,329

Now to me, I look at price range to be considered in the same class. When I factor in the performance numbers the Hyundai scores higher points not only in the HP and TQ numbers but more importantly just being RWD. That is why I said the Accord is outclassed. You can get the 3.8 R-Spec Genesis Coupe for ~$26k and with the Accord barely get yourself into the four cylinder Coupe.

This argument can go on forever but it cannot be denied that the days of the early 90's Accent's are very much over. I'm also not going to be blind and say Honda is still above and beyond all other import companies, because they (as a company) have clearly fallen behind the curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder View Post
If I were in the market for a new sporty coupe and was willing to sacrifice some quality to stay within a budget I would consider the Hyundai. If I were in the market for something economical, comfortable, and reasonably stylish, but was willing to drive an unenthusiastic yawn-mobile, I'd pick up another Honda.
Well said.
otsb708 is offline   Reply With Quote