Accord V6 Forum banner

TL Cam Specs?

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  jiga21 
#1 ·
Anyone has these on hand? Trying to find the difference between the accord and the TL cams everyone swaps. Also want to see how they compare to Bisi's.

Im talking duration and lift.

#3 ·
Yeah it depends on your goals. The Bisi cams are quite expensive, but I'm pretty sure they'll yield better results. NVA-AV6 measured the TL-S cams, and they are a bit larger in lift than the AV6 cam, can't remember the duration.

What I'd really like to know, is are the 8th gen AV6 cams the same as the TL-S? Somebody mentioned that the part numbers are nearly identical, but the Accord cams are considerably cheaper than the TL-S.

#8 ·
LOL. TL-s cams are OEM as well ;)

I believe the TL-s cams have a .3mm higher lift according to a post by thisaznboi from Paul, but the duration I'm not sure.

#9 ·
I just wanted to make a correction. Paul you had started a thread about the comparison between the RL and TL-s cams. NVA-V6 had chimed in and said we can't use the 09 TL cams because of VCM. Well, the 09 TL does NOT have VCM. It does, however, have VTEC on both the intake and exhaust side. If the rocker assembly from the 09 TL fit, does anyone know if the cams would then work?

#10 ·
no idea but im sure the casting on the head would have to be different all together to accept the new rocker assembly, but dont quote me on that, but boy would that be some shiz if it workd, i think the power would be amazing!!

A good start would to check the part number on the accord heads just the cylinder heads and cross reference them with the 09 TL 3.7, hmmmmm ima get started on that and see where it takes me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.